Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Watched about 8 minutes of the gameplay video there and i gotta say im impressed! I was semi-hype for this game but it seems like they added a **** load of content and different ways to play which should add hours of gameplay. I think ill skip on playing Ground Zeroes, will watch a recap or a playthrough on youtube and that should do me storywise

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Watched about 8 minutes of the gameplay video there and i gotta say im impressed! I was semi-hype for this game but it seems like they added a **** load of content and different ways to play which should add hours of gameplay. I think ill skip on playing Ground Zeroes, will watch a recap or a playthrough on youtube and that should do me storywise

GZ doesn't take that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Won't be able to play this for a LONG time until after launch. Moving to Manchester and wont have any internet to download and activated the game on Steam. Who knows when I'll get to play it.

Should've gotten it on PS4...

Install the game where you have a good net connection, copy to a USB. When you're logged into your steam on a new system just copy and paste the files to wherever you'd like and when you 'install' the game from steam tell it that directory. It should verify the files and be done in less than a minute.

GZ doesn't take that long.

Just watched a 8 minute video detailing its story. Saved me some money :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My copy was just dispatched from thegamecollection. Got it for 52

Likewise. Not holding out too much hope having it for Monday. Coming through Parcel Motel so I doubt I'll be playing it until Wednesday perhaps.

• Advertisement

Just watched a 8 minute video detailing its story. Saved me some money :rolleyes:

It was free on playstation plus 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Install the game where you have a good net connection, copy to a USB. When you're logged into your steam on a new system just copy and paste the files to wherever you'd like and when you 'install' the game from steam tell it that directory. It should verify the files and be done in less than a minute.
    Yeah. I've thought about that option. Moving on the 31st to get the keys on the 1st (hopefully). Can't preload on PC too. My internet is being turned off on the 1st (in current apt) and wont be online until the following day....
    All things going well in my new apt I could be back online the following day, best case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hela

Are you getting it delivered to your house or using parcel Motel I am getting it through parcel motel and it said it should be here Tuesday
    How exactly do you do that with Amazon again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Have extracted Kojima, the informant, and Glaz and Palitz. Those are probably the most important, we'll see.

On a side note crawling into a vent is terribad in this game for some reason. He keeps lifting up as soon as you push up to crawl in. Hope they've sorted that in TPP.

Also its really annoying not having guards radio alerts in.

Hela wrote: »
    How exactly do you do that with Amazon again?

When ordering you have the option of putting your own address or you can use a saved one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,622 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Im doing a lot of reading about the whole series now. I have never done this for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wright wrote: »
    On a side note crawling into a vent is terribad in this game for some reason. He keeps lifting up as soon as you push up to crawl in. Hope they've sorted that in TPP.

Exactly, figured i was going prone wrong. Seemed like i couldn't go from running to dive to prone and stay moving, he would always pop back up.

Kojima was gas out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

You should probably play Ground Zeros, its a great game. And it was free (free!)

If not for the story, then to familiarize yourself with the control scheme and the nuances of the Fox engine. Il be giving it another playthrough this weekend so I have the edge come Tuesday :)

You should probably play Ground Zeros, its a great game. And it was free (free!)

If not for the story, then to familiarize yourself with the control scheme and the nuances of the Fox engine. Il be giving it another playthrough this weekend so I have the edge come Tuesday :)

Yeah i don't keep up to date with whats free on PSN cause i do most my gaming on PC, kicking myself i missed it. They really should have had it free this month to set the mood/hype for PP :mad:

Penn wrote: »
    Two great Gameplay videos. First one shows different ways to approach one mission using different buddies/weapons/approaches. Second one details some of the stuff you can do at Mother Base as well as the FOB invasions. Both well worth watching.

Thanks man, that FOB video is exactly what i was looking for. Cemented my decision on picking this up first thing tuesday morning, can't wait!

Yeah i don't keep up to date with whats free on PSN cause i do most my gaming on PC, kicking myself i missed it. They really should have had it free this month to set the mood/hype for PP :mad:

It will probably go on sale I have seen it for sale on PSN a few times.

Found moving to prone, hold down x just like the last games iirc, much better than the dive move which I found is better for just dodging bullets and then escaping. Got an A rank in GZ, looks like I only needed more 3 more prisoner rescues according to google (I got 5 rescued and got bored, the fulton will definitely come in handy)

Think I'm ready to steal yall bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Played and completed Chapter 1 tonight. Some great music choices in the game, especially loved the opening credits music:
    Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

Intro is great as well - you play for a solid hour before the credits start.

Wish I had the day off tomorrow - I'd go all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hey wheres the cheapest place to order this online? would like to have it by tuesday if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Umaro wrote: »
    Played and completed Chapter 1 tonight. Some great music choices in the game, especially loved the opening credits music:
    Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

Intro is great as well - you play for a solid hour before the credits start.

Wish I had the day off tomorrow - I'd go all night.

I wonder how many people hate you here right now cause im one :p:p:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Completely random thought but does anyone know if you can watch replays of FOB invasions or has it been mentioned? Would be a great way of learning the most common methods of taking down soldiers, disabling traps etc used on your base so you can adjust accordingly.

I think the FOB gameplay video showed a red dot travelling through the map, but being able to actually watch a replay would be fantastic.

Yeah, it looks like it will just show you a red dot trail of where the enemy went when on your base so you'll have to figure out how/where to place security instead. A replay would be very handy!

I'd say there will be some amount of share video's on youtube of FOB invasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, it looks like it will just show you a red dot trail of where the enemy went when on your base so you'll have to figure out how/where to place security instead. A replay would be very handy!

I'd say there will be some amount of share video's on youtube of FOB invasions.

Yeah it'd be more about how your own base is attacked though. See what flaws in your layout people are exploiting. But then again I suppose with the map thing you can at least see what route people are taking and just strengthen those areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Any word on best ps4 game price?

Little woods at 60 best I've seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Any word on best ps4 game price?

Little woods at 60 best I've seen!

Argos is 63.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

My Order's been dispatched so hopefully I'll have it today or tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Amazon is €59.84 at the moment using currency converter! Thats with free delivery option so you wouldn't get the game until late next week though or possibly the week after (i'm assuming)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thegamecollection comes out at €51 and they have already started dispatching the game since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Thegamecollection comes out at €51 and they have already started dispatching the game since yesterday.

I've never used them before are they good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jones wrote: »
    I've never used them before are they good?

First time using them but they seem to be cheaper than Amazon for most games, you can pay via Paypal and my copy was dispatched yesterday at around 1pm. This was probably due to sending them early as a result of the bank holiday so don't know how they would be dispatched normally .

Advertisement