Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

First time using them but they seem to be cheaper than Amazon for most games, you can pay via Paypal and my copy was dispatched yesterday at around 1pm. This was probably due to sending them early as a result of the bank holiday so don't know how they would be dispatched normally .

Just cancelled my amazon order and reordered with thegamecollection lets see how they do ha.
    According to xe.com it will come to around €54.25 order total was £39.75 - Amazon came to £42 after the vat charge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jones wrote: »
    Just cancelled my amazon order and reordered with thegamecollection lets see how they do ha.
    According to xe.com it will come to around €54.25 order total was £39.75 - Amazon came to £42 after the vat charge

Yeah I'm thinking I might use them for preorders instead of Amazon for no one as they are much cheaper. Also people in the UK who ordered from SimplyGames got their copies this morning. Did you use Parcel Motel as mine came to £37.75. You must have it sent to an Irish address as they charge £2 for delivery to Europe. UK delivery is first class via Royal Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah I'm thinking I might use them for preorders instead of Amazon for no one as they are much cheaper. Also people in the UK who ordered from SimplyGames got their copies this morning. Did you use Parcel Motel as mine came to £37.75. You must have it sent to an Irish address as they charge £2 for delivery to Europe. UK delivery is first class via Royal Mail

Ah i was wondering what i did differently. Yeah i just used my normal irish address...still should work out cheaper than amazon but good to know for next time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jones wrote: »
    Ah i was wondering what i did differently. Yeah i just used my normal irish address...still should work out cheaper than amazon but good to know for next time

Yeah Parcel motel is handy for sites that do free UK delivery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Went on a trowling today :pac: to see if anyone would hand out a copy with the UK bank holiday excuse. No one went with it. Checked with Gamestop, HMV and Smyths.

Tuesday morning it is.

EDIT; Saw this on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinions on this: I pre-ordered the Collector's edition with the Bionic Arm for 140 at Gamestop a while back. I noticed recently that they have a deal where you can trade in your old PS4 and get the Limited edition Phantom Pain Red PS4 bundle for 150. I'm torn now on whether I should get that or the collector's edition. Just wanted to know which one do you's think would be the better one to go for?

Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinions on this: I pre-ordered the Collector's edition with the Bionic Arm for 140 at Gamestop a while back. I noticed recently that they have a deal where you can trade in your old PS4 and get the Limited edition Phantom Pain Red PS4 bundle for 150. I'm torn now on whether I should get that or the collector's edition. Just wanted to know which one do you's think would be the better one to go for?

I saw the arm today. It's tiny. A joke that that edition is over twice what you'll pay in most stores for the standard edition. I was hoping it would be almost 1:1. It's about half, if that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wright wrote: »
    I saw the arm today. It's tiny. A joke that that edition is over twice what you'll pay in most stores for the standard edition. I was hoping it would be almost 1:1. It's about half, if that.

The arm was always advertised as being half-scale.

Penn wrote: »
    The arm was always advertised as being half-scale.

Not that I saw. Frequently pictured on Kojima's Twitter looking pretty much 1:1. Zoom, meh.
    Definitely not worth 140 bones but I guess that's subjective.

Not that I saw. Frequently pictured on Kojima's Twitter looking pretty much 1:1. Zoom, meh.
    Definitely not worth 140 bones but I guess that's subjective.

The Japanese version of the Collector's edition came with a full-size replica arm, maybe that's what he was tweeting. That being said, had the CE here came with a full-size replica too, it probably would have cost more than €140.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

I'm aware of the size of the Bionic Arm. Honestly it's not as small as I thought it would be, even though it's half-scale. There's a video of an unboxing of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep8lMiu0k2o The only thing that has me on the fence really is just the overall amount of contents. Not sure now if it's worth the 140 and whether I should cancel it and get the Day One edition or trade in my old PS4 and get the Limited Edition PS4 bundle for 150 which includes Day One Edition.

The Japanese version of the Collector's edition came with a full-size replica arm

Well that's some grade A bull****, surprised I haven't seen anyone kick up about that. It's definitely only around what, €20 of plastic and processing as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon just shipped my copy now. Don't think I will be used them in future for day 1 deliveries as they say can fulfill. They are always the very last to ship. Even UK customers are not happy with them anymore.

Hopefully it gets out of the UK before the Bank Hol shutdown.

Update: Well f;'? Amazon anyway. Order updated from dispatched at 17:30 to delayed due to a processing error and now they can't give an ETA.

This is the last time they mess up one of my orders. It's happening far to often over the past 6 months.

Well that's some grade A bull****, surprised I haven't seen anyone kick up about that. It's definitely only around what, €20 of plastic and processing as it is?

Caveat Emptor. There's no kicking up about it because it was always advertised here as being half-scale and for that price. It's peoples responsibility to check what they're buying and for what price. While the arm itself might only cost a few euro each to make, the same could be said for most things. The price isn't directly related to the cost of manufacture, but also exclusivity. That's what makes it a Collectors Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Amazon dispatched my game today. God damn bank holiday on monday and all... One day delivery my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Has anyone's guide been dispatched by Amazon yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Game wasn't dispatched by Amazon today. Load of ****.

Caveat Emptor. There's no kicking up about it because it was always advertised here as being half-scale and for that price. It's peoples responsibility to check what they're buying and for what price. While the arm itself might only cost a few euro each to make, the same could be said for most things. The price isn't directly related to the cost of manufacture, but also exclusivity. That's what makes it a Collectors Edition.

And Japan gets a significantly better Collectors Edition for the same money. Latin or not latin. Despite Metal Gear being much like Final Fantasy; i.e. much bigger in the West than it is at home.

If anything it should be the other way around.

It's not like Bethesda is releasing a special Japanese Fallout 4 collectors edition with a half size pipboy :pac: just more bad form on Konami's part regarding this title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

**** sake. I got a processing error on my game now aswell. But I think that's Royal Mail's fault, not amazon, because Royal Mail have received my game.

And Japan gets a significantly better Collectors Edition for the same money.

The full size replica arm only comes in the Premium Edition in Japan, which is sold for 29800yen, which equates to about €220. It's a different package to the collectors edition.

• Advertisement

The full size replica arm only comes in the Premium Edition in Japan, which is sold for 29800yen, which equates to about €220. It's a different package to the collectors edition.

Insanity. Looking forward to picking it up for ¥6,500 in a years time down the local bookoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My copy was waiting for me today after work from VGP ( 2 day delivery and they usually ship early) , gave it to a mate as I want to start the game on Tuesday with the custom console with game, plus will not get a chance to play it till then anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

My boss was late with my wages this month. I owe rent and domestic bills. I need to tax my car and my best friend is getting married later today. But the first thing that popped into my head when the wages came through yesterday was "thank fcuk, I can pick up MGSV on Tuesday".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

What's the advantage to buying a game online if you have access to a bricks & mortar retailer? Are you saving a lot of money or something?

It seems like the build-up to every release day is taken up by people complaining that they won't have a copy on the day.

I've never bought online and I have never, ever, missed out on a title upon release. I usually just walk in and buy it. GTA: Vice City and Halo 2 were the last games I pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mondzz

Great service from Simply Games getting the game delivered on Thursday.

Not spent as much as i'd like to on it so far but it's getting hammered this weekend. Very impressed with it so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mondzz

What's the advantage to buying a game online if you have access to a bricks & mortar retailer? Are you saving a lot of money or something?

It seems like the build-up to every release day is taken up by people complaining that they won't have a copy on the day.

I've never bought online and I have never, ever, missed out on a title upon release. I usually just walk in and buy it. GTA: Vice City and Halo 2 were the last games I pre-ordered.

Can usually find much better prices online than on the street. Plus the added bonus that it 'may' land early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Copy arrived today. Finished the prologue.
    WTF is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I'm trying to save money so will wait for the price to drop. Meanwhile, I'm going to play every MGS again starting with Twin Snakes and work my way through each consoles and handheld games. Will come back to this thread in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Anyone that ordered from the game collection? have ye received your copies yet?. Is it an post who will deliver it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm trying to save money so will wait for the price to drop. Meanwhile, I'm going to play every MGS again starting with Twin Snakes and work my way through each consoles and handheld games. Will come back to this thread in 2017.

Seriously, skip Twin Snakes. It adds nothing to the franchise and only takes from MGS1.

Advertisement