Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Xyo wrote:
    Anyone that ordered from the game collection? have ye received your copies yet?. Is it an post who will deliver it?

Mine is coming via parcel motel. Has not arrived at depot yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Would absolutely love if some retailer broke the release date.

For a laugh I might go down to my local xtra-vision/hmv and act stupid and bring up a copy to buy Haha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

What's the advantage to buying a game online if you have access to a bricks & mortar retailer? Are you saving a lot of money or something?

It seems like the build-up to every release day is taken up by people complaining that they won't have a copy on the day.

I've never bought online and I have never, ever, missed out on a title upon release. I usually just walk in and buy it. GTA: Vice City and Halo 2 were the last games I pre-ordered.

Some people live in the sticks. Plus they can save a few euros too. I agree with you though. Every release these days seem to be punctuated with bitching about Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Where's the best deal online for PC?

Just got email from Parcel Motel that my copy form thegamecollection is in their Dublin Depot so should have it in the morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Just got email from Parcel Motel that my copy form thegamecollection is in their Dublin Depot so should have it in the morning :)

Did you have to pay extra for parcel motel? I should have looked into it

Xyo wrote: »
    Did you have to pay extra for parcel motel? I should have looked into it

It was free delivery with thegamecollection and €3.95 for parcel motel. So came to €55 in total. Parcel motel is handy as Royal Mail deliver on Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

It was free delivery with thegamecollection and €3.95 for parcel motel. So came to €55 in total. Parcel motel is handy as Royal Mail deliver on Saturdays

If only I had known! now i'll probably be waiting till tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Game Collection/Parcel Motel have my copy waiting to be picked up. Heading out with the lads tonight so won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Damn social life getting in the way!!

Just read the 'baby arm' edition is only 99 buckaroos in the US. It's what, $160 here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

140 euro here in Gamestop :( We always get ripped off when it comes to collectors editions I find. Ended up cancelling my pre-order for it today and went with the Day One edition instead. Just felt it was way too much to be paying an extra 70 on top of the game, considering the small amount of content you get.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For all the complaints one hears online about DLC, microtransactions etc..., I think silly expensive collectors' editions full of pointless tat might be one of the more insidious ways publishers extract extra money from fans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

For all the complaints one hears online about DLC, microtransactions etc..., I think silly expensive collectors' editions full of pointless tat might be one of the more insidious ways publishers extract extra money from fans :pac:

Depends on the company I guess. Konami really dropped the ball on this one, I felt. The last collector's edition I bought was for Watch Dogs last year. Paid about 110 for it, but for the price, it was worth it, since it came with a nice high quality statue and artbook and a bunch of other stuff. Whereas, for the Phantom Pain collector's edition, the bionic arm is apparently made out of a really cheap light plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've no issues with collector's editions with all the tat and extras and what have you, it may be pointless but it doesn't have an impact on the game, it's not holding a part of the gameplay to ransom.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For anyone looking for a brilliant history of the series, very easy to understand with short lines in bullet points, i recommend this link.

Ive been trying to catch up on peace walker stuff since i never played it and mgs 2 and 4 which i had forgotten a lot of stuff from.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2050xm/metal_gear_the_complete_story/

Links234 wrote: »
    I've no issues with collector's editions with all the tat and extras and what have you, it may be pointless but it doesn't have an impact on the game, it's not holding a part of the gameplay to ransom.

I think the issue here is more cost. Would be slightly peeved at the disparity between regions but I'd be alright paying say €30 above asking if I was interested. This edition is going for €75 more than some stores are charging for the game. A whole other copy and change! Would have to be a big statue or something really high quality to justify that imo.

The skins are very 'meh' anyway. If it was chicken head I'd be annoyed.

Couple of folks on my friends list are playing it right now :(

Couple of folks on my friends list are playing it right now :(

Wish I had a copy right now myself.

Tuesday is such a bad release day. Most people get paid on Thursday and Fridays and gaming itself is a past time activity. So a Friday launch day just makes more sense for anyone who wants to play a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Wish I had a copy right now myself.

Tuesday is such a bad release day. Most people get paid on Thursday and Fridays and gaming itself is a past time activity. So a Friday launch day just makes more sense for anyone who wants to play a game.

Can you not just wait until Friday to play it? I'm buying it on Tuesday just in case it happens to sell out (unlikely) but I'll stick it in a drawer until the weekend. Simple solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Wasn't going to buy or play day 1 so things like that don't bother me anymore. Feels good man.

• Advertisement

Can you not just wait until Friday to play it? I'm buying it on Tuesday just in case it happens to sell out (unlikely) but I'll stick it in a drawer until the weekend. Simple solution.

Oh totally agree with you :) Just stick it somewhere and play it on Friday.

I think I am just used to the Friday deal :p I always remember buying MGS2 in March 2002 on the Friday it came out. Had it completed at 12:50am in the early hours on Sunday morning :pac: (still think it's crazy the way I remember that)

Guess I just really don't have the time to play video games as much as I used to :(

I know this is a no brainer at this point... as the game is only 2 days away from release and certain people already have copies.

But WARNING as the xbox 360 version got leaked to the net around 24 hours ago. So that opens up a whole bunch of people who can play the game. So with that comes more videos on youtube, more spoilers floating around there etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

solid snake gets old and watches Big Boss die on The Boss' grave

Oh totally agree with you :) Just stick it somewhere and play it on Friday.

I think I am just used to the Friday deal :p I always remember buying MGS2 in March 2002 on the Friday it came out. Had it completed at 12:50am in the early hours on Sunday morning :pac: (still think it's crazy the way I remember that)

Guess I just really don't have the time to play video games as much as I used to :(

I assume they're going with a worldwide release; isn't the U.S.' releases typically Tuesday for some reason? I forget what it is exactly, I do remember hearing why.

But WARNING as the xbox 360 version got leaked to the net around 24 hours ago. So that opens up a whole bunch of people who can play the game. So with that comes more videos on youtube, more spoilers floating around there etc etc.

Noted, thank you. Thought it was already out.

EDIT: My GZ PS4 download is corrupted somehow. Game crashes for me after the main mission on any difficulty. All other missions are fine. Probably means all soldiers extracted from the main mission won't work but hopefully it doesn't interfere in any other way to TPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Anyone bought from psn? Just wondering if pre-load is available. I just want to have it ready to go at 12 tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Bought through psn, wallet was charged last night but not sure when pre download is available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Got my copy. Bought from a UK game store who sent it Friday morning and parcel motel delivered it to me last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Jammy gits getting your copies early while us mere mortals have to wait till Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jammy gits getting your copies early while us mere mortals have to wait till Tuesday!

If you lived in the UAE you would have finished it a week ago and be on a second or third playthrough.

• Advertisement

Parcel Motel still haven't delivered my copy even though they have had it since yesterday :mad:

Advertisement