Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ground Zeros got a patch tonight, you can now upload your save file for use in The Phantom Pain.

I spent a few hours yesterday collecting the XOF badges and doing the Deja Vu and Jamais Vu missions just in case they give any rewards in TPP. Never really bothered with them before but the Deja Vu mission was a lot more fun than I thought it'd be, especially as you start with no weapons at all.

Only real hard bit was throwing the grenade into the tank. First time I tried even though it essentially autolocks onto where you need to throw it, the thing wouldn't go in and I ended up blowing up the tank altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Haven't really been paying attention to this.

What are my best options for retail (PS4 version) around Dublin City Center?

Bought MK X from Argos on Release date, should i just do likewise again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

ChopShop wrote: »

Argos or symths.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lads, this is absolutely class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Lads, this is absolutely class.

Please stop teasing us :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Gary_Mc_Cork

Anyone having problems with ps4 pre load ? Mine still wont work and says i havent pre ordered in the store ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got Zeroes yesterday and finished it in 2 hours, tbh i didnt pay attention to the fact it was a demo for pain.

Enjoyable tho will go back tonight and finish the new side ops and pickup Pain morrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ChopShop wrote: »

Smyths seem to be the cheapest.

Gamestop - 59.99 for xbox 360 and ps3 and 74.99 for ps4 and xbox one.

Smyths toys - 49.99 for xbox 360 and ps3 and 64.99 for ps4 and xbox one.

Argos don't list their prices on the website yet. But what ever you do don't buy from gamestop. That extra 10 euro is better in your pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

What time does the game unlock on Steam folks?? Is it true it unlocks once New Zealand gets it, so midday here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What time does the game unlock on Steam folks?? Is it true it unlocks once New Zealand gets it, so midday here?

Apparently so, although think it's at 1pm rather than midday.

Edit: See now Konami have clarified that and it won't be downloadable until 5am tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Very impressed with "The Game Collection" service.
    I ordered to my work address on Friday, i didn't use parcel motel so was charged £2 delivery and it was still cheaper than amazon. It was sitting on my desk this morning. Thats one hell of a service cheaper and quicker than amazon's free delivery.

I wasn't expecting the game this quickly i'll have to finish the witcher now before starting i was trying to mop up all the side quests before i finished it

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not sure about PC but the Xbox One digital pre order says 12:01 AM GMT tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Apparently so, although think it's at 1pm rather than midday.

Edit: See now Konami have clarified that and it won't be downloadable until 5am tomorrow.

Balls! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Anyone having problems with ps4 pre load ? Mine still wont work and says i havent pre ordered in the store ?

I'm having the same problem, clicked pay now yesterday, went through my wallet with paypal. Says i can't download it yet and when i turned my ps4 back on this morning, it looked like i hadn't bough it at all. Tried buying it again this morning but got the same result as yesterday.

edit: seen above, does this mean that pre order downloads aren't available till the game is actually out?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Anyone know when the predownload should start?
    27gb is gonna take ages

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It already has started for US accounts. Maybe tweet the EU twitter accounts about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Swarlez wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, clicked pay now yesterday, went through my wallet with paypal. Says i can't download it yet and when i turned my ps4 back on this morning, it looked like i hadn't bough it at all. Tried buying it again this morning but got the same result as yesterday.

edit: seen above, does this mean that pre order downloads aren't available till the game is actually out?

Check your emails for payment declined issues......happened to me twice (no idea why), and I only twigged it by the PSN's game page showing as if I never ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I was hoping I would see that it was preloading this morning when I got up. But no joy. With my slow slow slow internet, I hope it starts soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Here's me wanting finish far cry 4 only half way through it .only 35 / 40 hours into the witcher and not touched Dragon age . And they will all get ignored for next two months I'd say 😊can't wait until tomorrow after work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

brady12 wrote: »
    can't wait until tomorrow after work

There are days where I question my decision to be self employed and working from home.

Tomorrow will not be one of those days :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Smyths seem to be the cheapest.

Gamestop - 59.99 for xbox 360 and ps3 and 74.99 for ps4 and xbox one.

Smyths toys - 49.99 for xbox 360 and ps3 and 64.99 for ps4 and xbox one.

Argos don't list their prices on the website yet. But what ever you do don't buy from gamestop. That extra 10 euro is better in your pockets.

God gamestop are awful greedy aren't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

i think argos r 62 euro for ps4,xbone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

its even cheaper to buy digitally on the xb1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Have the ps4 in rest mode. Praying that the pre load will kick in. Not home until 9 and I NEED to be playing this at 12. That was the main reason I pre-ordered on psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

blaa85 wrote: »
    Have the ps4 in rest mode. Praying that the pre load will kick in. Not home until 9 and I NEED to be playing this at 12. That was the main reason I pre-ordered on psn.

As far as I know the game will be unlocked at 5am GMT tomorrow on PSN.

I hope I'm wrong and it's actually midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finally finished my run now by beating Ground Zeroes. Played on hard and went on a stealth/no kill run and it still took me over an hour!

Again it's after getting me very excited for tomorrow but I still am not a big fan of the reflex mode/instant alert that we have now. I really wish there was an option to turn off reflex mode and bring back radio. I know you can do the former but I'd seriously doubt the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

blaa85 wrote: »

I just want to be able to play it tomorrow, as I'm off work. I need the preload to kick in as soon as possible, my internet is crap. The black ops 3 beta took 2 days and that was only 14gb. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tok9 wrote: »
    Finally finished my run now by beating Ground Zeroes. Played on hard and went on a stealth/no kill run and it still took me over an hour!

Again it's after getting me very excited for tomorrow but I still am not a big fan of the reflex mode/instant alert that we have now. I really wish there was an option to turn off reflex mode and bring back radio. I know you can do the former but I'd seriously doubt the latter.

When you say a stealth/no kill run do you allow yourself to use the tranq gun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

dunworth1 wrote: »
    its even cheaper to buy digitally on the xb1 :P

Indeed, plus it's been pre downloaded on my system the last couple of weeks. Just waiting till 00:01 AEST or 16:01 GMT today, I believe to play ;)

Advertisement