Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The only thing I really want to do in GZ is extract that sniper team. I extracted one of them successfully last time but the other guy came down with an unfortunate case of bullet in the head after I was spotted. I have a plan ready for him though. Suppose I'll extract the prisoners too, nearly had them all last time but was spotted running the last one to the extraction point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Might squeeze one out tonight though :)

We don't need to know about your pooing habits thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm after getting (and listening) to all the tapes and extracting everyone. Hopefully TPP will arrive early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Xenji wrote: »
    MB coins pricing from the US site, not to spoil names, but it looks like most FOBS cost about 1500 coins, others will be more expensive.

The fact that it's possible to spend $80 to get enough MB Coins to unlock everything makes me extremely worried about the likely grind involved in earning those through play alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

The only thing I really want to do in GZ is extract that sniper team. I extracted one of them successfully last time but the other guy came down with an unfortunate case of bullet in the head after I was spotted. I have a plan ready for him though. Suppose I'll extract the prisoners too, nearly had them all last time but was spotted running the last one to the extraction point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

weiland79 wrote: »
    We don't need to know about your pooing habits thanks.

Just trying to make sure I won't be interupted during tomorrows Phantom Pain marathon! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Penn wrote: »
    The fact that it's possible to spend $80 to get enough MB Coins to unlock everything makes me extremely worried about the likely grind involved in earning those through play alone.

I was thinking the same thing, not sure how many FOBs you can get in the game, but from the 5 I have seen, the $80 will not be enough to buy more than 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Going to see if tesco are selling it. Here's hoping

They weren't :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

£37.75(€51) on thegamecollection

Never bought from them so don't know what they are like for delivery but is the cheapest I have seen

Never heard of The Game Collection until you mentioned it Eoin, so thank you.

Ordered the game from them last Thursday and it arrived this morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Until now I'd been very philosophical about a Tuesday release, but I know that come 12 I'll be crawling around various Tesco outlets like a crack fiend, albeit a crack fiend with work in the morning. I'll never grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jordan 191 wrote:
    Never heard of The Game Collection until you mentioned it Eoin, so thank you.

Jordan 191 wrote:
    Ordered the game from them last Thursday and it arrived this morning

No problem. Mine arrived today, just after starting it now and it's already mental

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

If Parcel Motel get my game tomorrow, I won't get it till wednesday correct?

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wing126 wrote: »
    If Parcel Motel get my game tomorrow, I won't get it till wednesday correct?

It depends what time they get it.

If they get it early enough you could have it tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You can use the "spend €50 get €10 off" lidl/aldi vouchers in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

My preload has ground to a halt in the past hour. 6Gb to go with an ETA of 16 hours. Pause and resume doesn't seem to have affected it like it usually does. If everyone else could stop downloading that would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My preload has ground to a halt in the past hour. 6Gb to go with an ETA of 16 hours. Pause and resume doesn't seem to have affected it like it usually does. If everyone else could stop downloading that would be great thanks.

It's why I didn't buy it digitally. With Batman Arkham Knight I had to wait for it to download the first bit, and then just as the story was getting good, the game kicked me out because I hadn't downloaded enough to continue past that point. Had to wait 2 days for it to fully download to continue on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Apparently so, although think it's at 1pm rather than midday.

Edit: See now Konami have clarified that and it won't be downloadable until 5am tomorrow.

This game will unlock in approximately 21 hours

Thats ~5pm... not 5am. :eek:

I see gamestop are doing a midnight launch here in cork. Tempted to go in. Do you need to have it pre ordered with them or can you just turn up and buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

This game will unlock in approximately 21 hours

Thats ~5pm... not 5am. :eek:

:confused:

This the EU release, or US Store ? Playable in just over an hour and a half here (fully downloaded as well)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I've got 20gbs left, which surprisingly says 4 hours left. At least I have the first bit done, hope it keeps me going till its fully done.

I'm afraid to move incase it interrupts my download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

McDermotX wrote: »

This the EU release, or US Store ? Playable in just over an hour and a half here (fully downloaded as well)

Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

McDermotX wrote: »

I think he's talking about on Steam.

My download finished! Had to keep an eye on it and pause/resume whenever it started to lag.

Now we wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

will it start downloading at midnight on xbone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

soap1978 wrote: »
    will it start downloading at midnight on xbone
    It should be started already if you pre-ordered it, I've hard it fully downloaded on my xbox for over two weeks now just can't play it until midnight.

Just after getting 3rd mission done there and definitely loving it. Also the prologue is brilliant .

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

On Xbox the first 70% downloaded really fast (an hour or two max), the last 30% was a bit slower.

Either way, it's now sitting ready to launch at 12:01 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Steam

Ah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I got an email off them at about 3pm on Saturday to say mine was in the depot. It was in my locker at 9.30 Saturday night. I'd say there's a good chance you'll have it tomorrow if they get it tomorrow.

superg wrote: »
    I got an email off them at about 3pm on Saturday to say mine was in the depot. It was in my locker at 9.30 Saturday night. I'd say there's a good chance you'll have it tomorrow if they get it tomorrow.

I got a message from Parcel motel on Saturday around the same time but they didn't deliver it til this morning. If your motel is on Dublin ,you're guaranteed to get it that night otherwise the following morning like in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just after getting 3rd mission done there and definitely loving it. Also the prologue is brilliant .

Looks like you're racing through it there Eoin.

Advertisement