Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The thing with parcel motel is that they don't really deliver at normal times. I think they must have drivers doing night shifts cause I have had stuff delivered in the middle of the night before (no text before going to bed, waking up to a text at 7am).

You need to check your notification settings though on your PM account, I think by default it's set to not text you between the hours of 11pm and 7am. So they could deliver it tomorrow night at 11:30 but you wouldn't get the text until 7am.

The last two times I've used PM the parcel has been delivered to Belfast at around 10 / 11am and has been delivered to my locker in Dublin some time during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

awec wrote: »
    The thing with parcel motel is that they don't really deliver at normal times. I think they must have drivers doing night shifts cause I have had stuff delivered in the middle of the night before (no text before going to bed, waking up to a text at 7am).

You need to check your notification settings though on your PM account, I think by default it's set to not text you between the hours of 11pm and 7am. So they could deliver it tomorrow night at 11:30 but you wouldn't get the text until 7am.

The last two times I've used PM the parcel has been delivered to Belfast at around 10 / 11am and has been delivered to my locker in Dublin some time during the night.

I have my notifications set to all day, yeah. I know they'll receive it in Belfast tomorrow, because Royal Mail say it's in Belfast ready to be brought to them, so hopefully it's waiting for me after work tomorrow, with any luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Time to go to bed and just wait! :p

FECK!

Just realised the game becomes available at 12:01 GMT which is still an hour away. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

awec wrote: »
    FECK!

Just realised the game becomes available at 12:01 GMT which is still an hour away. :mad:

I was wondering why I couldn't play it yet, even tried a hard reset of the console thinking there was some problem with it. Not sure if I should wait and start it tonight now or just get up early and play it tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Getting the prisoners in GZ, killed 21 soldiers, took 37 minutes but still got an S rank with all the prisoners saved. No alerts but i thought kills put the s rank out the the window. Nice to have a choice.

Thought argos might have their site updated with the game. Hope they have it in the morning.

dor83 wrote: »
    I was wondering why I couldn't play it yet, even tried a hard reset of the console thinking there was some problem with it. Not sure if I should wait and start it tonight now or just get up early and play it tomorrow.

Same. I had planned to play for an hour before going to sleep, but don't fancy staying up til 2. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My god PSN speeds are atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Server issues abound once starting up the game.

Looks good so far though....very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Still waiting for my code from G2play for pc, hope it turns up by tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Since I'm waiting a week I wonder if the key prices will fluctuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Since I'm waiting a week I wonder if the key prices will fluctuate.

I don't think prices will change much on any platform in as little as a week. Digital download on PC could drop on some sites like G2A and such within 3-5 months but console games hold their prices something terrible in the likes of Gamestop and HMV. No idea with buying physical copies online though...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This game will unlock in approximately 21 hours

Thats ~5pm... not 5am. :eek:

So it appears this is when the pre-order on steam officially ends. Game is available for download as of 5am

Mine is currently downloading at a steady 1.4Mb/s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

My PC just died :( I think the magic smoke might have left it.. And now!!! I was seconds away from starting my download, and BAM blue screen, followed by nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Getting the prisoners in GZ, killed 21 soldiers, took 37 minutes but still got an S rank with all the prisoners saved. No alerts but i thought kills put the s rank out the the window. Nice to have a choice.

Thought argos might have their site updated with the game. Hope they have it in the morning.

I think I've heard that the first kill causes the most damage to your score, but after that if you continue killing it doesn't really matter. Your score can still be offset by completing secondary objectives (like in your example, rescuing all the prisoners).

Companion App is online for Android, presumably iOS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Went live on Argos site early this morn! Reserved 1 for dun l! They only had 3 available, all gone now!

Penn wrote: »
    Companion App is online for Android, presumably iOS too.

Thanks man, got it there, had to search the Konami apps to find it on android.

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Went live on Argos site early this morn! Reserved 1 for dun l! They only had 3 available, all gone now!

Yupp my local argos is sold out already bastards! Will have to check smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just reserved my copy in Jervis. Hate these long waits in work on game release day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You can download the map with satellite view in the companion app

You can download the map with satellite view in the companion app

Yeah, just about to say. I downloaded the regular map for 300mbs, with satelite was about 700mbs and my phone is full to the gills as it is.

Can you listen to cassettes in the companion app?

If you could collect them in game and then listen to them on the app I'd be very happy with that.

tok9 wrote: »

If you could collect them in game and then listen to them on the app I'd be very happy with that.

Seems so. Great feature. I think since all or most of the exposition is now in the cassettes as opposed to cutscenes/Codec, it means you can listen to all the backstory etc on your own time without it taking up game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just looking at the app here and there is a section for cassette tapes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tok9 wrote:

tok9 wrote:

Yup, as long as you have connected the app to the game you can listen to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Picked up a PS4 in Argos last week as they were doing MGSV for €33 when purchased with the console.

The woman said I could take the console and come back for the game when it was released.

Went in this morning and it turns out they're now giving MGSV free with the console.

I showed the guy my receipt and he honoured it, gave me the game for free.

PS4 and MGSV for €349, very happy with that.

This wait for the post is very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Could be worse you could be waiting on a certain cdkey site to finally cough up the codes rather than pushing back the times they are supposed to be issuing them at!!!

I know im in work but still I want my code :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

It's killing me knowing that I could have just walked down to hmv this morning and bought it, but no, had to order the collectors edition.

Advertisement