Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tok9 wrote: »
    This wait for the post is very frustrating.

Here's something to keep you entertained during the wait. I just hope your postie doesn't get into the same tricky situations that Pat does :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got the game in an Argos far far away. Day One Edition for 65 when GS were selling it for 75 quid 10 feet away.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Played it last night at 1am for a bit, got through the Prologue bit. In typical MGS style it was mostly just watching cutscenes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can you do MotherBase stuff from the app, like sending teams on missions or developing items etc? There's no Motherbase thing on the app shown but just wondering if it unlocks once you've synced to your game and unlocked Motherbase in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

apps not compatible with iPhone 4 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Game is with PM up North. Get the finger out lads. I'd say half the truck will be filled with MGS games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

nerd69 wrote: »
    apps not compatible with iPhone 4 :(
    nor iPhone 5 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

nor iPhone 5 :mad:

jesus it works on 5s apparently thats very harsh

The app seems quite slick. Goodbye work day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

nerd69 wrote: »
    jesus it works on 5s apparently thats very harsh

Yeah, bollox really. At least I can get it on my iPad mini 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know the cheapest place online? Ps4 don't really mind waiting a few days.

Edit: Pretty cheap here - http://www.thegamecollection.net/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-ps4.html?tduid=871e94e7b87ecb2c130b35b786bf7781

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Just reserved last one in Ashbourne Argos. All excited now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone know the cheapest place online? Ps4 don't really mind waiting a few days.

Edit: Pretty cheap here - http://www.thegamecollection.net/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-ps4.html?tduid=871e94e7b87ecb2c130b35b786bf7781

Yeah load of us have bought it from them and received it early. Reserved my copy on Wednesday and it was dispatched on Thursday, arrived in Parcel Motel on Saturday and I received it yesterday.

Reserved my copy on Wednesday and it was dispatched on Thursday, arrived in Parcel Motel on Saturday and I received it yesterday.

That sounded like a Craig David song :pac:

Edit: Also, I take it the Online goodies code in the box won't work until Online is launched? Day One stuff redeemed fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Getting it after work .iv played all the metal gear games.What difficulty level will I Pick lads ? Don't want it too hard either because my time play games limited

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The future of retail pc gaming:
    If you want to play Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain on PC (and why wouldn't you?), be wary that the old-school physical disc option may not be as traditional as it seems. As reported by VG247, one customer who's got hold of their disc early has tweeted screenshots of its contents: one 8.78MB Steam installer and nothing else.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/metal-gear-solid-5-disc-seems-to-only-contain-steam-installer/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Girlfriend came over unexpectedly last night as soon as I was about to sit down and play this.

The urge to kick her out has been playing on my mind all night. *twitch*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That_Guy wrote: »
    Girlfriend came over unexpectedly last night as soon as I was about to sit down and play this.

The urge to kick her out has been playing on my mind all night. *twitch*

:pac:

It's a good game to watch since it's very story driven.
    Plus she gets to make fun of you when you mess up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

brady12 wrote: »
    Getting it after work .iv played all the metal gear games.What difficulty level will I Pick lads ? Don't want it too hard either because my time play games limited

You don't choose your difficulty level. But it can be a bit easy or hard depending on the ranking you want to get. Basically you could technically just run and gun; though I'm only on the first few hours and I read later on there can be tanks or enemies that can make it a bit harder to win firefights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

brady12 wrote: »

No difficulty level I could see. You can make it harder by turning off reflex or easier by wearing the chicken hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

No difficulty level? So do enemies wake up from tranq shots or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just picked up the console bundle, it looks even better than the images/videos, only E110 as well as my old PS4, just got to wait on updates now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote:
    That sounded like a Craig David song
    Didn't notice that until you mentioned it

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Edit: Also, I take it the Online goodies code in the box won't work until Online is launched? Day One stuff redeemed fine for me.

Yeah online code won't work as online isn't active for another few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finally arrived. Time to sink some hours in!

Wasn't expecting the huge double sided map

360762.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Still waiting ...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Still waiting ...

Same.

Rakuten haven't even shipped mine yet and state they would before the 1st. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Just been in to Smyths Maylor St in Cork and traded in Arkham Knight to reduce MGSV to effectively half price which I'm happy with. Guy behind the counter made a passing comment on the stock for the game (PS4) getting low so anyone looking to purchase there might need to get a move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just picked up mine from the local XtraVision. Had it prebooked and was going to collect it during my lunch break at 1 but said I'd nip down quickly before the school lunch break just to be sure they don't nick all the copies.

wanttoplayitnowwanttoplayitnowwanttoplayitnowwanttoplayitnowwanttoplayitnow

Advertisement