Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Noopti wrote: »
    Thanks, had a read of that. My main issue is that I haven't played the game in a year, so I actually don't know if I have extracted everyone and I don't really want to do each mission again to be sure. I thought there might be a menu or something for each mission which would say "Persons Extracted: 2/4" or similar.

Oh right sorry, I think there is that info somewhere in the menu options. Something like Records and it shows stats for each mission and IIRC there are how many prisoners you saved. Not 100% though but worth a check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Cool, will take a look.

I did go back yesterday and extract the renegades....which was kind of funny. I had one knocked out and kept having to carry him around while I stalked the other one. When I put him down he kept waking up, so I would knock him out again. Eventually I just dropped them both back at "the cave"...and went off to get the two POWs in the camp (just in case I didn't when I last played it). I get back with the 2nd one....and the same renegade is gone again! He was walking up to the road! Had to go back up and knock him out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Noopti wrote: »
    Cool, will take a look.

I did go back yesterday and extract the renegades....which was kind of funny. I had one knocked out and kept having to carry him around while I stalked the other one. When I put him down he kept waking up, so I would knock him out again. Eventually I just dropped them both back at "the cave"...and went off to get the two POWs in the camp (just in case I didn't when I last played it). I get back with the 2nd one....and the same renegade is gone again! He was walking up to the road! Had to go back up and knock him out again.

Did you not hit him with a tranq? I thought that would've kept him outcold longer?..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

SeantheMan wrote: »
    For those who got this on PC , can you please answer a few things for me....( I don't need to know anything in 'comparison' to the PS4 version....as I don't own a PS4..and have no interest in the PC vs Console debate or which is better)
    Just...
    - How does it run, laggy, framerate , requirements , disk size ?
    - Are you using a joypad / mouse keyboard ?

-Runs incredibly well. One of the best performing AAA games I've played in a long time.

Cannot comment on its true uncapped performance since it's limited to 60... but so optimised for it I almost can't complain.

I'm using KB/M. See my previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Just one question - i have a few hours played so i am not to far into it but it seems the tranquilizer gun seems to be the most effective weapon to use as you can fire from quite a distance and then just fulton the enemy, i find myself forgetting to use some of the other weapons. Does anyone else find this to be the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Just one question - i have a few hours played so i am not to far into it but it seems the tranquilizer gun seems to be the most effective weapon to use as you can fire from quite a distance and then just fulton the enemy, i find myself forgetting to use some of the other weapons. Does anyone else find this to be the way?

Use the tranquilizer until your mission goes to ****, then bust out the big guns.

I try to keep the main missions sneaky beaky. But for side ops, if everything goes down the toilet I have no problem going John Rambo :)

Did you not hit him with a tranq? I thought that would've kept him outcold longer?..

Yeah, I thought about hitting him with some tranq, but it was sort of a fun thing at that stage - carrying him around and then knocking him out all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had a dumb moment with the fulton yesterday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Starting to get so enemies have started throwing on helmets.

Oh it's ON motherf*ckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Glad to see i'm not the only one making slow progress.:D

What a game this is.

• Advertisement

I get the feeling I'm rushing into it too much as I play through the missions. I'm on mission 8 and
    I still haven't run into Quiet (although she has been mentioned) and not to put any complaint to it but nothing has happened yet, really, save for the fight with the Skulls.

I'm probably panicking but I don't want to miss out on anything in the game.

12 hours into it :P

I get the feeling I'm rushing into it too much as I play through the missions. I'm on mission 8 and
    I still haven't run into Quiet (although she has been mentioned) and not to put any complaint to it but nothing has happened yet, really, save for the fight with the Skulls.

Don't worry, you haven't missed that yet.

Tip:
    Maybe try a few of the side missions for a while

I should stop reading this......I am still waiting for my copy to arrive, and reading all the great comments is making the wait tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you might be better off not running into her yet.

I ran into her by accident and let's just say I was not prepared
    the boss fight is stupidly hard if you are trying not to kill her and dont have the tranq sniper rifle researched.

if you want to know where to look here is a spoiler filled direction:
    go to the supply base and then just head north towards the power plant, you'll enter some ruins along the way just after the first outpost. She will then say hi in the way all snipers say hi

Sorry if it's been asked but can't import my GZ save as it says im in offline mode and that I need to go online form the ACC radial menu?

I don't see that as an option anywhere when I go to the ACC/Helicopter do I need to progress the game to a certain point :confused:

Edit: Disregard , I see it as soon as I posted that lol

Penn wrote: »
    Starting to get so enemies have started throwing on helmets.

Oh it's ON motherf*ckers!

yeah I've noticed the same. Also cause I play mostly at night they've started bringing gun mounted lights and NVGs...

I've yet to kill anyone or get spotted. Except in the prologue.

I wish I was that good at playing this game. Stealth and accuracy is where I'm falling down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I should have pre-ordered, it's completely sold out in Argos and Smyths in blanch. The rip-off merchants Gamestop have it in stock but you'd want your head examined to be paying an extra 15 euro in there.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I wish I was that good at playing this game. Stealth and accuracy is where I'm falling down.

Tell me about it. I always muck up at the last minute. I was doing a Side Op earlier and I was doing so well, fast-forward to extraction - I had to leave the area. I found one guard floating around and I attempted to sneak up behind him and hold him up.

As I began walking, he went in a door. Still following him I bumped into the door as it closed. This caused the guard to look behind. It was dark, I panicked, and I missed every shot. Suppressor went dry and I made loud noises. The whole place went ape-shít so I pegged it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Ha iv had a few of those 👆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Honestly can't find words describe how brilliant this game is . It's a pity can't send your soldiers on missions during the day through the app when your working and not on console . I find it totally consumes me. Last night when out on field with snake and on was on i droid constant giving orders and developing base . Always multi tasking .couldn't deal with real life nephew on chat party asking me how to play it and girlfriend texting me 😜

Tell me about it. I always muck up at the last minute. I was doing a Side Op earlier and I was doing so well, fast-forward to extraction - I had to leave the area. I found one guard floating around and I attempted to sneak up behind him and hold him up.

As I began walking, he went in a door. Still following him I bumped into the door as it closed. This caused the guard to look behind. It was dark, I panicked, and I missed every shot. Suppressor went dry and I made loud noises. The whole place went ape-shít so I pegged it :o

The next time it happens and he sees you, go for him and knock him out. You will have to be very quick at it though.

Give it a try and see how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would say if you're finding the game too easy, turn off reflex mode.
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    the boss fight is stupidly hard if you are trying not to kill her and dont have the tranq sniper rifle researched.

I didn't actually think the fight was that difficult without it, just meant I had to do a lot more running around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Gonzo wrote: »
    I should have pre-ordered, it's completely sold out in Argos and Smyths in blanch. The rip-off merchants Gamestop have it in stock but you'd want your head examined to be paying an extra 15 euro in there.

I'm in same boat. If you get wind of copies turning up in Smyths or Argos let me know and I will do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

yeah I've noticed the same. Also cause I play mostly at night they've started bringing gun mounted lights and NVGs...

I read somewhere that the AI learns to adapt to your preferred style of play displayed in earlier missions. They are supposed to start behaving differently so that sounds like a cool example of that happening.

Does anyone have any evidence to prove that two different players could play the same mission but face differently behaving guards based on their style of play? That would be fantastic.

tok9 wrote: »

I didn't actually think the fight was that difficult without it, just meant I had to do a lot more running around.

lucky you, I only had 4 rounds in my tranq gun when I activated the boss fight without realizing what I'd stepped into.

I'm curious when you fought her? I fought at dawn/morning (spent the night wrecking havoc in the nearby base) so she would spot me really easily and kill me with 2 shots very quickly.

tok9 wrote: »

I don't know if my method counts as cheating or not
    I dropped supply drop boxes on her once she was out in the open. Only took two to knock her out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

lucky you, I only had 4 rounds in my tranq gun when I activated the boss fight without realizing what I'd stepped into.

I'm curious when you fought her? I fought at dawn/morning (spent the night wrecking havoc in the nearby base) so she would spot me really easily and kill me with 2 shots very quickly.

It was during the day too but I spent a lot of time running between rocks and ruins.

And Penn, I was just thinking that would surely work too. I don't think it's cheating at all. Great thinking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

faceman wrote: »
    I'm in same boat. If you get wind of copies turning up in Smyths or Argos let me know and I will do the same

There is one left in Blanchardstown i just checked.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Argos stock;
    XBone
    PS4

Does the difference in stock say anything about the popularity of either console?

Advertisement