Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ramza wrote: »
    Regarding side ops, is there certain prerequisites to make them appear? Are some miss-able? I'm doing a tonne of side ops but plan on going back to main missions soon, if I was to leave side ops alone until the end of the game, would I still be able to do all 50 of them? Doing side ops seems to unlock more side ops, so just wondering how exactly they work.

you unlock more side ops from playing Side Ops and Main missions. So don't worry too much on missing them.

Also there are 150 of them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Cheers lads, and jaysus, 150?! Great stuff :) Also, regarding the sneaking suit, apparently it makes footsteps quieter but I don't notice a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Cheers lads, and jaysus, 150?! Great stuff :) Also, regarding the sneaking suit, apparently it makes footsteps quieter but I don't notice a difference?
    It doesn't sound too different from your perspective but it makes you much less noticeable by guards. You can even run up behind them without them hearing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Playing last night i only did 4 side ops while just sending combat units on missions. They're bringing back a load of staff, resources and a ton of gmp. I really need to do mission 9 10 and 11 so i can start v my fob. Anyone do it yet and yet invading?

Couldn't get online anytime yesterday.

Oh dear, hate to tell you but FOBs are unlocked after mission 22, not 11 :pac:
    faceman wrote: »
    Is their any benefit to blitzing the side ops before hitting the main missions? I've completed 2 main missions but 6 side ops. Have Russian interpreter now.

I've been doing more side ops than missions - it's a great way to level up MB teams, get loads of GMP and resources - so then you can develop some really good stuff.

That said, you won't unlock certain side ups until you do specific missions. Eg.
    You don't need an Afrikaans interpreter until you're in Africa.
    You mean just extracting and re-deploying? That's what I always do when somethings around 3000-4000m away.

Nope... Next time you meet a village, look for the big yellow square as you're entering. It'll be at one end or the other. It's a delivery drop off point for packages. There's a pole right beside with an invoice attached to it. If you grab the invoice, you can then equip a cardboard box and get delivered from town to town by the enemy. The more invoices you pick up the more delivery points you unlock.

You can also do it at mother base, its a really quick way of getting around.
    Also, does the story pick up soon? I'm only 3 main missions in but apart from rescuing Kaz the story hasn't really taken off :confused: There's been no plot devices so far apart from the
    skull dudes I encountered in the desert
    . Am I too early in the game to complain or does the story actually pick up? Always loved MGS games for their stories so hopefully this one delivers :o

Yeah it picks up. But you also need to do a little bit of work and listen to all the cassette tapes. Thats where most of the storyline development comes from, as there's no codec conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I didn't put a lot of time into Ground Zeros- I played the main mission and that was it, no side stuff. Done with it in about an hour. I just had other stuff on at the time. Now with all this talk of uploading your GZ save data and getting some good personnel for mother base, I'm wondering is it worth shelving Phantom Pain for a while and going back to do GZ properly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man, Quiet is fairly handy to have with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Branoic wrote: »
    I didn't put a lot of time into Ground Zeros- I played the main mission and that was it, no side stuff. Done with it in about an hour. I just had other stuff on at the time. Now with all this talk of uploading your GZ save data and getting some good personnel for mother base, I'm wondering is it worth shelving Phantom Pain for a while and going back to do GZ properly?

No need to spend too much time on it just follow the youtube vids of how best to do the extractions and you'll have it all done in one sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have a workforce of about 98 at the moment which will increase over time. Having construction carried out at the mother base and it is nice seeing cranes in action.

Penn wrote: »

I got pissed off with her the first time I used her :pac: . I ran out of tranq suppressor, but the guy was A+ on a few levels so snuck up beside him to CQC. They spotted me last second but I'd already started the throw - because they spotted me, quiet shot. Mid-CQC and quiet shot them in the head. They were dead by the time they were on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

She's handy alright, I'd like her more if she toned down that bloody humming though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh dear, hate to tell you but FOBs are unlocked after mission 22, not 11

Aw man read on here it was 11. I was holding back a bit to build up resources. Will plow into the main missions for a while so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

just done the honey bee mission whaat a nightmare lol

got a b ranking at least lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I hope I'm not the only one who finds the skulls terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There is 157 side ops, not 150 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm 50 hours into this game and I think I'm not even half way through it. This game is so huge!

Does anyone know if you can unlock the FOX or FOXHOUND logo for your emblem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I'm 50 hours into this game and I think I'm not even half way through it. This game is so huge!

Does anyone know if you can unlock the FOX or FOXHOUND logo for your emblem?
    I've got FOX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Not really feeling this game at all.

Tired of the usual open world stuff of strongholds, character upgrades, huge empty maps and etc. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and this is just a greatest hits of all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Not really feeling this game at all.

Tired of the usual open world stuff of strongholds, character upgrades, huge empty maps and etc. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and this is just a greatest hits of all that.

Great

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

lawlolawl wrote: »

Tired of the usual open world stuff of strongholds, character upgrades, huge empty maps and etc. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HAHA looks like Snake got sick of your complaining and tranq'd you :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm nervous of burning myself out with the game, I did feel a sense of irritation when I got mission 14
    trailing the interpreter to find the prisoner
    so taking a break. I had a similar mistake with witcher 3 when I blasted through a lot of it over a short time period and then when I got a mission that p*ssed me off I ended up leaving the game for months. Afraid of doing the same with phantom pain. in its favour though MGS is holding back some of its juicier parts urging me to press on.

really enjoyed mission 12 though. I almost got through it without setting off the alarms...then messed up in the last few metres and ended up turning it into a bloodbath.

Love D-dog, much more useful having a partner who does most of the spotting for you, havnt taken out d-walker or quiet yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have unlocked the ability to have FOBs, but don't know will I bother yet. How have any of you been finding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ive only done uo to the Hellbound mission but i cant get enough of this game. Put in 3, 12 hr sessions already. :o

Im on 2week holidays from work so it was really handy in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just done mission 16
    where the skull guys jump out of the truck you have to Fulton, really don't like them. Is there a trick to remain hidden, they just seem drawn to you no matter what you do. I managed to Fulton the truck, then was obviously spotted, jumped into the lead tank thing and just gunned it till I was out of the hot zone and they just disappeared.
    . Really didn't like that mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

biggebruv wrote: »
    just done the honey bee mission whaat a nightmare lol

got a b ranking at least lol

Wanna swap your B rank for my E rank? ;)

Have unlocked the ability to have FOBs, but don't know will I bother yet. How have any of you been finding it?

Unlocked it earlier too, found a few benefits (teams start levelling up very quick again, dispatch more deployments, more staff allowed) but haven't bothered with any invasion stuff yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You must be online to actually use them, which has been an issue so far, also your first is free and thereafter it is a massive grind, even spending E80 on Mother Base Coins will only get you 3 more FOBs ( although it looks like you can only have 3 FOBs anyway, might be wrong about that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just remembered that MGO3 won't be limited to the small spaces that MGO2 was. We might have some really huge fight areas for true sneaking strategies and sniper fights. Oh lawdy.

For now... I'll just try to beef up MB. It seems like such a grind and I barely spend any GMP but when I do it's like holy crap I don't even have that much cash left.

Can anyone chime in and give any info on how CQC works online? Can you counter basic frontal strikes and grabs? What about ledges? Do you get guaranteed grab when behind another player and what specifies 'behind'? The rear of the character model or out of the player's FoV? Can you escape grabs? So many questions but I want the answers before I get turned inside out in FOB :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

910D76000BD5E4A5A9158AC5382E28A61E76FC9E

My 1 and only S :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

just did mission 20.

while the core gameplay is fun, the missions which are not side ops and are required but barely move the story forward frustrate me, but when you get a mission like mission 20

you'll forgive all that crap.

on mission 16
    I was able to lure the skulls away and then round around back to the truck and futon it before just leaving the area on foot after futoning the two tanks. The skulls will f*ck you up if you set them off, but they are slow as hell when not alerted and always move in your direction, so it's easy to lead them away from key areas.

on mission 18 (or 19 not sure)
    I feel like an ass, it's the one where you need to extract the kids and after chucking the crippled one into the chopper I jumped in the man the chaingun to keep the hind and infantry off our back I assumed the other kids will jump in like how D-dog does...

they didnt. I only rescued 1 kid and the next cutscene was just painful because of it. Though I want to see if I can hold someone up with the watergun now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Does anyone else find it a bit annoying that the S rank seems nearly totally based on speed? The game dialogue and the sneaking ethos of the series suggests that you should plan your route in carefully, mark enemies and then, if possible, fulton people out. That all takes time. Which then destroys your ranking. Seems a bit silly to me to base the whole game on careful and stealthy play, but then reward people for running through missions as quick as possible.

Advertisement