Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Speed has actually very little to play in the final score towards an S rank. You get massive bonus for no kills/perfect stealth, no reflex and no sightings. You get points for every target you mark even if you don't plan to do anything with them, you also get points for every tactical takedown rather than just tranking everyone.

To get S ranks just take your time and be very, very careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Speed has actually very little to play in the final score towards an S rank. You get massive bonus for no kills/perfect stealth, no reflex and no sightings. You get points for every target you mark even if you don't plan to do anything with them, you also get points for every tactical takedown rather than just tranking everyone.

To get S ranks just take your time and be very, very careful.

Really? I just watched a couple of s rank videos online for some of the missions I've done already and the guy just legs it through the mission area as fast as possible, reflexing whenever he is seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Suppose you can do it that way too if you want, but to play like that using the reflex as a "crutch" and being spotted regularly then you will need to be fast to off set that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,742 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah any S rank I've gotten definitely wasn't due to speed. The only one I really remember was one I got a Perfect Stealth bonus on, but you can only really get that by taking your time.

I don't think I've gotten anything less than a B yet though. Replaying GZ definitely put me in the right mindset for playing the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Ok thats a bit better then. I like taking my time and fultoning everything in sight so the speed run didn't work for me. The only s rank I got was on one of the early missions where
    you have to kill three high ranking military guys. On my first run through of the mission I managed to finish 6 out of 7 tasks and got a heap of bonus for that.

• Advertisement

Online connectivity really stating to get on nerves now, to the point where if you try to go to anything except the map on the idroid it just sits loading forever and they only way to get in is to disconnect. :mad:

Had great success on Cloaked in Silence S rank and all I did was
    Called in a couple of supply drops
    to take her out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Same, iDroid is lagging the hell up and getting bombarded with long-loading tutorials that just fail in the end. I hope the actual online gameplay isn't this bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Such a sense of accomplishment when you get an S rank first time around. Managed to get one first time on Mission 18.

I think I'm using Quiet wrong, she never moves location. Enter a mission, she takes up her spot and stays there the whole mission no matter how wide the mission area is and how far I travel. Think I'll just go back to using D-Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

rizzla wrote: »
    Such a sense of accomplishment when you get an S rank first time around. Managed to get one first time on Mission 18.

I think I'm using Quiet wrong, she never moves location. Enter a mission, she takes up her spot and stays there the whole mission no matter how wide the mission area is and how far I travel. Think I'll just go back to using D-Dog.

You have to control her using the iDroid, not the interaction menu. Open iDroid and on the map page, scroll through the options (place marker/helicopter/supply drop/etc) and there's 2 options for Quiet - Scout and Attack.

Scout sends her to the selected area and she finds and marks enemies. Attack is obvious :p Either way though, she will always only take up position in a sniping point. She won't follow you around like a bodyguard, thats not what snipers do :)

Then from the interaction menu - Fire is obvious. Quiet makes her stop shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

is this game worth buying? heard the story is a bit disappointing and sparse at times! i loved ground zeroes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nodferatu wrote: »
    is this game worth buying? heard the story is a bit disappointing and sparse at times! i loved ground zeroes

Worth it for the gameplay alone. I loved GZ as well and this is so much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Nodferatu wrote: »

Do you like doing the same 4 things over and over in a really big map and unlocking upgrades?

This is the game for you!

Seriously, if you've played any open world game from the past 5 years you've seen it all before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Do you like doing the same 4 things over and over in a really big map and unlocking upgrades?

Seriously, if you've played any open world game from the past 5 years you've seen it all before.

That's a very glib assessment.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

You're doing it wrong......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I'll come back in a fortnight when you've all calmed down and realsed that while this game is good, it's far from special.

Same-old same-old open world title with wacky Metal Gear story tacked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'll come back in a fortnight when you've all calmed down and realsed that while this game is good, it's far from special.

Same-old same-old open world title with wacky Metal Gear story tacked on.

Maybe it just doesn't suit you all that much. Games are like music or movies in that they are subjective in the extreme. You don't like MGSV, fine, nobody minds, nor should you mind that others like it.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

slowly getting the hang of it all
    just completed the hellbound mission really cool mission that one.

whats the best way to upgrade the r and d team alot of upgrades are requireing that but i really dont want to get into all that stuff i just like doing the story missions and some side stuff managing the team seems like a chore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

biggebruv wrote: »
    whats the best way to upgrade the r and d team alot of upgrades are requireing that but i really dont want to get into all that stuff i just like doing the story missions and some side stuff managing the team seems like a chore
    Kidnap recruit more staff and auto assign them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought it was a bit **** at 1st but now that i'm getting right into it just finished mission 6 and I'm loving it can't put it down now

When do DD and Quite become buddies ? I'm just about to move on from Afghanistan :confused:

Actually can't find DD now haven't seen her in a while

• Advertisement

When do DD and Quite become buddies ? I'm just about to move on from Afghanistan :confused:

Actually can't find DD now haven't seen her in a while
    Quiet is after a certain mission.
    The first one in Africa IIRC.

DD is after completing a few missions, I'm not sure how many.

Was pleased with an S rank on this after a couple of close calls

http://www.twitch.tv/calexdeus/v/14791031

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I suck at this game, i love it but i suck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just finished Mission 31 and
    good lord what a rush!! After destroying the Metal Gear and killing Skull Face I thought it was all over. Rolling credits and all. I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed, saying to myself and my girlfriend "I still have questions that need answered!"

Then bam! "Chapter 2" and my excitement level went apesh*t.
    I friggen love this game! :D

Episode 45
    Quiet's gone for good with no warning.

EDIT: I'm actually upset by this. Damn you Hideo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

WARNING

Save file corruptions happening for steam users after defending their FOBs. Stay away from FOBs and backup your saves.

Only reports of the windows/steam version but can't hurt to backup your console saves, either. Local and cloud since the cloud failed for the steam users I've been reading. Scary. My friend is starting all over again. He felt the pain alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Evade wrote: »
    Episode 45
    Quiet's gone for good with no warning.

EDIT: I'm actually upset by this. Damn you Hideo.

Found this on reddit, should be helpful for people that haven't reached this mission yet
    https://m.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3jtosa/spoiler_free_psa_vital_late_game_advice_for_quiet/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reappearing side ops is annoying my side ops OCD.

I have rescued someone in the south 4 times and its still there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Got the weaponsmith over the weekend! So got him to put a silencer on my tranq rifle, it's totally awesome now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Isn't that the same for every single game ever made though... that's the gameplay loop.

Uncharted, climb stuff, go into a kill room, kill everything, move on.

Gears, Walk slowly with finger to your ear, go into a kill room, kill everything, move on.

Advertisement