Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

weiland79 wrote: »
    Theres actually no one here. Not a single enemy and the area is fairly large. Sometimes a truck drives through and there is a base up the hill with enemies but this is outside the target area.
    If it's the one I'm thinking of.
    There's a sniper team on the cliff between the two roads.
    Spoilered the solution just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Evade wrote: »

The area has a river with a dam and a base above the dam.
    If Its a sniper team theyre fvcking ****e cause I've running around in the open for ages looking for them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

One thing I feel is a bit strange is the fact that there is a guerrilla faction fighting the Russians in Afghanistan yet you never see them. I loved playing the two warring factions against each other in the first two chapters in MGS4. Bit of a missed opportunity tbh.

Just stumbled across them, they are bleedin ****e was definitely well with they're field of vision several times. Here comes a sand storm, happy days!

The area has a river with a dam and a base above the dam.
    If Its a sniper team theyre fvcking ****e cause I've running around in the open for ages looking for them :pac:
    What number side op is it?

EDIT: If it's op 11 Extract the Highly Skilled Soldier 1
    Go to the western most road then climb up the south-west side of the hill and you should see a team of 3 soldiers looking east. You want the sniper.

• Advertisement

What number side op is it?

EDIT: If it's op 11 Extract the Highly Skilled Soldier 1
    Go to the western most road then climb up the south-west side of the hill and you should see a team of 3 soldiers looking east. You want the sniper.

got it thanks

Does it benefit me to clear out bases and camps, destroy AA guns and communication radars etc or am i wasting my time?

The big radar trailers are worth destroying, the rest isn't really of too much benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Does it benefit me to clear out bases and camps, destroy AA guns and communication radars etc or am i wasting my time?

By destroying air defence radars you open up more landing zones. You can even accidently complete later missions by blowing stuff up early by exploring. Mission 4 can be completed by accident and then when you attempt to do it it tells you that you already destroyed the equipment earlier so well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Played for another couple of hours tonight. The games going on the back burner for me. Just a bit bored with it and there's other things i have that i want to play more/finish.

Might play it when i have nothing else early next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yeah same, wtf is up with that?! Usually Amazon ship a few days before release.

Seems to be shortages, Argos will not have any more in till next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I blow up everything and steal everything. Spent an age at the 2 very large bases taking every single container.

5253C17B947C6D3784B070CCE64D130E6ABB36CA

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone extract injured soldiers by fulton all? I do and I find it's a mix of some that do or some that don't make it to mother base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Does anyone extract injured soldiers by fulton all? I do and I find it's a mix of some that do or some that don't make it to mother base.

Yes its supposed to be like that, injured soldiers have less of a chance of surviving your fulton. This was to encourage you to do more tactical takedowns, it was outlined some where at the start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone had any luck taking out the Ghosts without killing them?
    Did the Honey Bee mission there and tried taking them on with the Tranq pistol, but that was laughable. Ended up just running away from them. They also seem to not take notice of distractions like tossing a mag.

Had fun fultoning my 2nd bear earlier, fecker takes almost all my tranq rds to down.

There's a variant skull unit later on that I tranqed but the main ones don't seem to be affected much by tranquillisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yes its supposed to be like that, injured soldiers have less of a chance of surviving your fulton. This was to encourage you to do more tactical takedowns, it was outlined some where at the start of the game.

I put them out of their misery, if its raining and they are in a puddle they drown and you hear little bubble noises. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was on Mission 10 but said I'd do an important side op first and ended up stumblin onto episode 11. That....was.....classssss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Expecting this to be delivered when i get home this evening. However although i have Ground Zeroes from PS+ i haven't played it. Would it really be recommended to finish it before starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think you'd regret not going GZ first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The main story mission of GZ is only an hour or two long, I'd say it's worth playing it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Expecting this to be delivered when i get home this evening. However although i have Ground Zeroes from PS+ i haven't played it. Would it really be recommended to finish it before starting?

I completed GZ in about 2-3 hours, and I wasn't trying to blast through it so I probably would just play it.

I ordered my copy off the Game Collection on Friday and it got delivered yesterday, really impressive service, first time using them but I will definitely be using them again.

EDIT: It's orderable everywhere in Argos on PS4 at the moment if people are looking to get it in a bricks and mortar store

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Argos will not have them in till next Monday though in quite a few stores, still better than going into hmv or Gamestop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Raced through mission 10 and got a B ranking. Wearing a Lewis Hamilton tee while playing the game is paying off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I put them out of their misery, if its raining and they are in a puddle they drown and you hear little bubble noises. :eek:

I learnt the hard way that enemy soliers drown in a few inches of water.

I was doing the first mission in the 2nd map and there is an area under the complex where you are ankle deep in water. I lured a very high ranking soldier down there to kidnap him, was forced to tranq him but when I went over to extract him I found he had drowned in the water...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Apparently there's an issue with having quiet as your buddy on mission 29 &42

Stops game progress.

Can't link it from twitter as I'm at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Its morbidly hilarious that you can literally drown guards in a shallow puddle. Does it trigger a caution if the other guards spot the floater?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Had a small annoyance on a side op where you have to extract a bird. All was going well, D-Dog located it. Shot with the tranq sniper first go... went to find it

litq6vq.jpg

Yup. It fell down the valley into the gigantic river. The only fúcking place that you can't enter in the entire game and the bird fell into it.

On a side-note, wormhole fulton wahey. Can finally get those 3 containers at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Was playing last night and there was a bit with a prisoner and some guys beating on him. Then they threw him into a jeep and drove off. So I thought that would restart the checkpoint and try and get the prisoner. So I restarted and legged it around the base they were at, and further up the road they would travel. Knocked out a guard on the way and thought I would leave him prone on the road to act as bait for my cunning trap.

I waited....and waited. Finally I heard the jeep coming up the road, so I hid behind some rocks. I couldn't see the road really so I just heard it getting closer and closer.....it sped by me and then THUD! And it kept on driving. They smashed into their comrade and sent him 30 feet further up the road and kept on driving. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do people play with reflex mode on?

Advertisement