Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Can I just clarify something? IT seems like you are forced to set up an FOB once you get to a certain point in the story. One of the previous posters suggested that if a command platform on an FOB is invaded, you lose 10 or so staff from all staff, chosen at random. Is that from the offline motherbase staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Can I just clarify something? IT seems like you are forced to set up an FOB once you get to a certain point in the story. One of the previous posters suggested that if a command platform on an FOB is invaded, you lose 10 or so staff from all staff, chosen at random. Is that from the offline motherbase staff?

Not sure, although I believe so but as soon as I got that far I started to use my Direct Contract option alot more. People under Direct Contract cannot be taken, so I check it regularly to make sure all my high level staff are under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

rizzla wrote: »
    Not sure, although I believe so but as soon as I got that far I started to use my Direct Contract option alot more. People under Direct Contract cannot be taken, so I check it regularly to make sure all my high level staff are under it.

Can you direct contract everyone? It seems like the 12 year old american kids will have an absolute field day with your stuff while we are asleep/in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Can you direct contract everyone? It seems like the 12 year old american kids will have an absolute field day with your stuff while we are asleep/in work.

Not everyone. The more you increase mother bases capacity the more Direct Contracts you can give out. I'm not sure how many I have but I have all my A+ staff under direct contract so If anybody were to be taken it would be A's and lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You'll want to improve your FOB as it works the same way as Mother Base. You'll be able to double the amount of staff you have, therefore being able to increase the lvl of your teams quicker.

At least that's what it looked like when I checked it out last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

FOBs are a cheaper way of increasing the number staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Has anybody else's iDroid suddenly started going very slow and taking a lot longer to load?

Xenji wrote: »
    Has anybody else's iDroid suddenly started going very slow and taking a lot longer to load?
    It happens to me every day. It seems to be related to checking in with the server because I usually get a signed out warning a few minutes after the slow down or if I sign out manually it goes back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Disconnect and runs perfectly fine. I only login for the daily rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Xenji wrote: »

Happens when you're online. Most people haven't noticed because even when you are online it doesn't take long before it kicks you off again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Got myself a snooze dart sniper rifle with a silencer, should be a game changer :)

How long into the game before you can get that? I just finished mission 12

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont think you need it, as you can use a lethal sniper and let your buddy use the sleep sniper.

You are very close to getting the person(s) who makes it.

Roar wrote: »
    How long into the game before you can get that? I just finished mission 12

As soon as you get the side ops for the 3 legendary gunsmiths do them and they will be able to make weapon customisations. Around mission 16 or 17 I think. I know its about there as i'm still on 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got the legendary gun smith. Customising guns is class. Gonna bring quiet with me just to use her scout abilities until her tranq sniper opens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Didn't even know you could do that. Doh. Marking enemies is harder in FOB because you need to zoom in more and non-binocular marking zoom has to be super close.
    Yeah, it's difficult because of the yellow haze and the helicopter movement, but if you zoom in 2x and spot people, then zoom in fully on them it'll mark them. You have about 1min in the heli to mark them before you're forced to wormhole in.
    You haven't seen some of the platforms I have, then. Many many soldiers on every platform. It gets insane for the buffest of FOBs.

Anyone know if the FOB soldiers keep respawning? Like what if every soldier got killed or fulton'd. Would it truly be 1v1 then? Might be worth taking out at least half the soldiers via sniping if it can clear the ground for you to move around freely for stealth.

All I know is that FOB needs updates for sure. More complex FOB layouts, more places to hide and infiltration points.

I have mine setup the same way :pac:

FOB soldiers don't respawn. When you're choosing who to invade you can see all the base stats in the top right hand corner, including preparedness level. This tells you how many cameras/IR sensors/UAVs/emplacements/mines/anti-theft devices there are on each. It also tells you the number of guards (beside the gun image), the rank of the guards (S++ - E) and the gun tells you what they're using to a certain extent. Shotgun displayed means short range. Assault rifle is mid-range, sniper rifle is long range. But they will use whatever falls into that category - so its possible a ZE'EV will be equipped for short range, etc. What weapon is chosen depends on what level you select in security settings, and how much you've developed each security team weapon.

But yeah, if you manage to fulton or kill the 35 soldiers over 2 platforms(or whatever number is shown), then unless the defender arrives - you're on your own to free roam around their base. It's essentially the same as raiding someone with a lvl1 base, they have no guards. So you can just stroll around and steal everything (if its a base development platform).

The rewards for success scale depending on the defences in place too (and IMO it also seems to depend on the other players ESPG rating).
    Yup, that's from your mother base staff. Similarly if the R&D platform on your FOB is invaded, you will lose R&D staff.

You can direct contract ~10% of your staff. So as you grow MB and your FOBs, the amount of people you can direct contract also grows. Also if you're invaded once, your base is then blockaded for 6 hours minimum. If a lot of damage is done to you, you can be blockaded for up to 24h. This stops any more invasions during the blockade period.
    Penn wrote: »
    Happens when you're online. Most people haven't noticed because even when you are online it doesn't take long before it kicks you off again.
    I haven't had any issues with online since the initial problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Main game and extreme versions of the missions completed. I can see why so many people are pissed off with the ending. I'm fine with it. The game play more than made up for the weak story.

People think there will be a big announcement from Kojima tomorrow. 1984 is referenced a good few times in the game. 1984 is the 9th out of 11th tracks on the David Bowie concept album Diamond dogs. This was posted on his twitter yesterday.

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/641752308963934208

People clutching at straws saying anything from a surprise patch to the game with a new ending to a new game announcement.

Also it turns out Kojima has been obsessed with David Bowie for a very long time!

http://i.imgur.com/5KcmMCw.jpg

tuxy wrote: »
    People clutching at straws saying anything from a surprise patch to the game with a new ending to a new game announcement.
    I'd settle for a change to the end of mission 45.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Only 4 missions in and it already has a better soundtrack than GTA5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This FOB stuff is complete fcuking nonsense, even if you play offline your FOB can still be raided in the background and any staff lost will be deducted the next time you log in. So if you're raided a lot in the background and log in it'll be taken as a lump sum.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Only 4 missions in and it already has a better soundtrack than GTA5 :)

One of the (many) strong things about the game. Cracking soundtrack. Would like to listen to some more of the OST too but I'm a little scared at the moment in case of spoilers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Ok, I cant read this thread any more. Im taking my time with this one, only 15 missions in, and its gonna get spoiled if I stay. People here are already talking about being upset with the ending.

Adios Amigos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone noticed D-Dog's approval/disapproval at your selection of music tapes? Picky b*stard! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone noticed D-Dog's approval/disapproval at your selection of music tapes? Picky b*stard! :pac:

Didn't notice that but while I was lying down scouting a camp, he cocked his leg and pissed beside me, left a big puddle. Had to get up and find a new scouting point :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ok, I cant read this thread any more. Im taking my time with this one, only 15 missions in, and its gonna get spoiled if I stay. People here are already talking about being upset with the ending.

Adios Amigos!

Same as that. Really enjoying it and probably wont get to finish it for a while yet so dont want to spoil it on myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Someone should make a separate spoilers thread. I'm too lazy.....

**** is hitting the fan for me past mission 25:
    I've a damn epidemic on Mother Base and no idea who to quarantine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

tok9 wrote: »

I'm at the same point. Think I have it figured out.

tok9 wrote: »
    Hint:
    Languages

Solution:
    Kikongo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Evade wrote: »
    Hint:
    Languages

Solution:
    Kikongo

Well I had that totally wrong so.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Hint:
    Languages

Solution:
    Kikongo

Oh that's actually really cool..
    However is there an easier way to assign people to quarantine? Seems really tedious

Advertisement