Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

tok9 wrote: »
    Oh that's actually really cool..
    However is there an easier way to assign people to quarantine? Seems really tedious
    Not that I found. I had over 800 staff at the time of the outbreak, 200+ of which were potentially infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bloody hell.. that's really annoying, especially for new staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I have to say fobs sound like absolute ****e. Your practically forced to play it. I'm lucky to get a couple of hours a week on the playstation and I don't want to be chasing down stuff that a load of kids stole from me. Just gonna keep the playstation offline and avoid setting them up altogether.

Not setting up/building upon FOB's is a mistake.

Even if someone was to steal 10 or so people, you are doubling the capacity of your base. Losing 10 people for the benefit of containing an additional 100 or so seems like a pretty good gamble to me.

No one has even tried to invade me yet and I've had the FOB up for 2 days.

Also, if you don't want to play it that's fine, just set the security level to high and let them sort it out. As I said earlier, once you hit around the level 15-20 and upwards, it's not easy to infiltrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just gunna post it again as it was ignored last time. Anyone on Xbox One able to connect online? Error 10003 since day one for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

joe123 wrote: »
    Just gunna post it again as it was ignored last time. Anyone on Xbox One able to connect online? Error 10003 since day one for me.

Its been working fine for me, last 5 or so days I haven't seen that error.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Strider wrote: »
    This FOB stuff is complete fcuking nonsense, even if you play offline your FOB can still be raided in the background and any staff lost will be deducted the next time you log in. So if you're raided a lot in the background and log in it'll be taken as a lump sum.
    I have to say fobs sound like absolute ****e. Your practically forced to play it. I'm lucky to get a couple of hours a week on the playstation and I don't want to be chasing down stuff that a load of kids stole from me. Just gonna keep the playstation offline and avoid setting them up altogether.

Risk and reward. You benefit so much from having a FOB. Extra staff, teams level up much quicker, extra & faster resource processing. The risk being it might get invaded.

Even if it does, the odds are so stacked against the invader its very hard to successfully do any high level bases. Set up decent security and either you won't get raided or they'll fail miserably and you end up getting rewards for them failing.

My FOB has been invaded about 10 times now. Only one was successful. The other 9 defenses I probably made back 10x the GMP, resources and staff I lost. Aside from that, how long does it take to repopulate 10 staff? Not long. You don't have to chase down anyone to retaliate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Wossack wrote: »
    my problem with ep16 was just it was very contrary to how I'd played the game up to that point
    did the airport way.. hopped a fence at the back of it and the truck was right in front of me unguarded. Fultoned immediately, skulls activated, and just ran away on the horse

very poor mission imo, and very immersion spoiling leaving the hotzone and stopping dead with skulls mid shot.. daft..

S rank for my trouble though

I had a great experience with this mission tonight
    My original plan was to place a decoy in the centre of the road after the airport, stop the convoy and dart the drivers.

Fultoned out the 4 guards at the cross roads first. Convoy wouldn't stop for my decoy though, just blasted it and drove straight through. No probs though, on to the next check point. See the drivers get out at the next stop, so I snooze dart everyone. Now all I have to do is sneak some C4 on the tanks and job done.

Get spotted crawling towards the tank though. Skulls triggered, oh ****, wasn't expecting that. Manage to get C4 on one tank, circle around and plant on the second one as well. Detonate, and in the confusion fulton out the truck. Slither away on my belly into the night, didn't have to engage any skulls :cool:

And that is what can be freakin awesome about MGSV. You have a plan, and it goes to ****. But its not a problem, because you think fast and then you have a new plan. Something else goes wrong and then you improvise some more, the game doesn't punish you for happy accidents, and it all works out grand in the end.

Really enjoyed that tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

I had a great experience with this mission tonight
    My original plan was to place a decoy in the centre of the road after the airport, stop the convoy and dart the drivers.

Fultoned out the 4 guards at the cross roads first. Convoy wouldn't stop for my decoy though, just blasted it and drove straight through. No probs though, on to the next check point. See the drivers get out at the next stop, so I snooze dart everyone. Now all I have to do is sneak some C4 on the tanks and job done.

Get spotted crawling towards the tank though. Skulls triggered, oh ****, wasn't expecting that. Manage to get C4 on one tank, circle around and plant on the second one as well. Detonate, and in the confusion fulton out the truck. Slither away on my belly into the night, didn't have to engage any skulls :cool:

And that is what can be freakin awesome about MGSV. You have a plan, and it goes to ****. But its not a problem, because you think fast and then you have a new plan. Something else goes wrong and then you improvise some more, the game doesn't punish you for happy accidents, and it all works out grand in the end.

Really enjoyed that tonight :)

That mission turned into a right disaster for me!
    I didn't have my fulton leveled up high enough, so i was going to just drive the truck out of the mission. Rocketed the two tanks, got the truck to stop by the first outpost and bang the skulls showed up. Had to kill them to be able to drive the truck away.

Queue the next half an hour on horse back going in large circles, firing rockets and requesting more ammo drops! was wrecked after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

For Ep 16
    placed a emp mine on the road, first BMP disabled, snuck round back and fultoned the second one. Then SKULLS appear, tried to distract them away with magazines but they ended up spotting me as I slithered to the truck, then fan....****....you know the drill. Fulton the truck, hopped on trusty Horse and away I go....

Also, for Ep 21, think it was 21,
    finding the kids friend in the creepy factory
    OH **** Man on Fire, ran out of building, into jeep, nip down the tunnel and away, no boss fight :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    For Ep 16
    placed a emp mine on the road, first BMP disabled, snuck round back and fultoned the second one. Then SKULLS appear, tried to distract them away with magazines but they ended up spotting me as I slithered to the truck, then fan....****....you know the drill. Fulton the truck, hopped on trusty Horse and away I go....

OH **** Man on Fire, ran out of building, into jeep, nip down the tunnel and away, no boss fight :D
    I headed for the other jeep, facing the cliff. Well clearly this is positioned for me to drive off the cliff, so this must be what I'm supposed to do. It wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,958 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

50 hours in and only did mission 16 last night :pac:
    I had a few goes of it going stealthy for the S rank. Eventually lost my patience and said 'fcuk it I'll just take any rank at this rate' and ploughed straight in the front gate of the air port with D Walker, activated the Skulls and mowed them down, fultoned the truck and ran..S rank :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Penn wrote: »
    I headed for the other jeep, facing the cliff. Well clearly this is positioned for me to drive off the cliff, so this must be what I'm supposed to do. It wasn't.

Did the exact same, i have to finish that tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

So through a series of events, I've lost my progress and I'm back to mission 4 from mission 15.

Apparently letting the game update the playing offline for a few days has meant that it wasn't saving.

And since I'm on XboxOne I still cant upload my GZ save either. This is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

kiddums wrote: »
    So through a series of events, I've lost my progress and I'm back to mission 4 from mission 15.

Apparently letting the game update the playing offline for a few days has meant that it wasn't saving.

And since I'm on XboxOne I still cant upload my GZ save either. This is frustrating.

I found out how to upload your Ground Zero file. You have to delete MGS GZ and re install, for what ever reason you're never prompted for an update but when you reinstall you should be on ver 1.20 and the option is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

rizzla wrote: »
    I found out how to upload your Ground Zero file. You have to delete MGS GZ and re install, for what ever reason your never prompted for an update but when you reinstall you should be on ver 1.20 and the option is there.
    Never thought to try that. I'll try that later. Cheers.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Penn wrote: »
    I fultoned the jeep out before I went into the building and as I was walking in the building and everything was so quiet I was just thinking to myself "I shouldn't have fultoned that jeep out" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

tok9 wrote: »
    I fultoned the jeep out before I went into the building and as I was walking in the building and everything was so quiet I was just thinking to myself "I shouldn't have fultoned that jeep out" :)

I did
    a sonar pulse in the area before going into the building, and when found nothing but 2 or 3 rats I got very, VERY worried

When you're defending your FOB the infiltrator triggering his reflex is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just completed ep 16. Fecking hell, that went crazy quick.
    In the airport wandering around and then 2 tanks and a truck were near me, fultoned them up with no resistance except for the skull boys. Running around using what ever gun placements I could find just like the first battle but it was the AA gun that ripped the last 2 to shreds. Just looking for one of them straight away next time I come up against them. Got a ton of containers from the airport, had to get a supply drop for new fulton ballons.

Finished with an S rank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Evade wrote: »
    When you're defending your FOB the infiltrator triggering his reflex is really annoying.

Ah Reflex should definitely be not allowed in an online mode even if you are mostly fighting ai.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah Reflex should definitely be not allowed in an online mode even if you are mostly fighting ai.

Reflex time definitely is shorter for FOBs. Removing it altogether though... I dunno. It's already incredibly odds stacked against the invader. 2-3 seconds of reflex mode isn't going to make a huge odds.

I think it should be kept too. It's still annoying if you get thrown into reflex mode every few seconds (that probably had more to do with the invader than any real flaw in the mechanic).

Evade wrote: »
    I think it should be kept too. It's still annoying if you get thrown into reflex mode every few seconds (that probably had more to do with the invader than any real flaw in the mechanic).

If you're the defender and getting small bursts of reflex mode but not actually doing anything, that's the games way of alerting you to where the intruder is. It happens whenever the intruder does something to alert staff.

I get the point but the guy invading triggered reflex mode five or six times in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

there has been some bloody hilarious model swaps.

like this one from very early in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im on episode 16 iv read theres about 30 episodes but does the game flow from episode to episode as it gears upto the end

im not really interested in the repetive side stuff so jumping in and out of the helipad is kinda annoying on long play sessions lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

biggebruv wrote: »
    im on episode 16 iv read theres about 30 episodes but does the game flow from episode to episode as it gears upto the end

im not really interested in the repetive side stuff so jumping in and out of the helipad is kinda annoying on long play sessions lol

50 episodes but the last 7 or 8 are remixes.

Side ops are important to get **** to level up weapons. I have 74 complete on mission 20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Can't stop fultoning people, animals, tanks containers. Find it so hard to mark someone and not fultoning them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'll make it through 90% of a mission stealthily then one person spots me and shít hits the fan.

Advertisement