Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

I'm think about cancel my pre-order for MG V, aka MG PP now...

I do not like MGS 4, but do like MG PW and MG GZ, if he left, I'm seriously doubt the quality of the MG V...

What you think? Will you cancel pre-order and wait for review come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

m_hunter wrote: »
    I'm think about cancel my pre-order for MG V, aka MG PP now...

I do not like MGS 4, but do like MG PW and MG GZ, if he left, I'm seriously doubt the quality of the MG V...

What you think? Will you cancel pre-order and wait for review come out?

At this stage, with a September release, the game is largely done. The next few months will be dedicated to polishing the main game and finishing off the online component.

I don't think PP will be a lesser game because of this. However, I am not sure why you have the game pre-ordered anyway, unless it is the Collector's Edition you are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Otacon wrote: »
    At this stage, with a September release, the game is largely done. The next few months will be dedicated to polishing the main game and finishing off the online component.

I don't think PP will be a lesser game because of this. However, I am not sure why you have the game pre-ordered anyway, unless it is the Collector's Edition you are getting.

It's a normal version, not collector. Just want to get my hand onto it on day one, also pre-order usually is cheaper vs release day pick up... Remembered pre-ordered GTA V for 50EURO, and my friend brought his one in store cost 65EURO...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Special Edition PS4 coming to Europe......god damn this tempts me.

jpg

jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Man I'm getting hyped again for this. I really hope the online is as epic as MGO2 was. Ground Zeros performed amazingly on my PC and looked really good, too. Controls needed some work, though and I hope they remove that damn framerate cap.

I'm expecting this to be a worthwhile purchase especially given the prices of all the digital retailers these days competing with each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Special Edition PS4 coming to Europe......god damn this tempts me.

jpg

jpg

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

About half way through this just played video and ya... I'm hyped.

Genuinely feel this could be my GOTY and that will be saying something this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I know the media embargo on the game was lifted today but I'm really trying to avoid it all to be honest. Also can't understand the various youtubers who want to know all about the story before the game is even out. That would inevitably ruin the intended experience surely.

But yeah, excited. Last time I allowed myself to be this excited for a game was as an innocent 17 year old waiting for resident evil 5 to come out. That experience scarred me but this game really does look like it's going to be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

My only problem is which platform to get this on. Have MGS:GZ on PC and probably will get it on PC, but am I right in saying that the PC version is being released afterwards? Don't know if I could manage holding out, if so.

• Advertisement

My only problem is which platform to get this on. Have MGS:GZ on PC and probably will get it on PC, but am I right in saying that the PC version is being released afterwards? Don't know if I could manage holding out, if so.

Yup console release date is September 1st and PC release date is September 15th as far as I'm aware.

What are people's thoughts on the Hayter/Sutherland situation now, over a year after GZ?

Personally, I think I'll only be okay with it if BB and SS cross paths at some stage in phantom pain and hayter voices SS. Sutherland does a fine job as snake, but this is the last true metal gear game we'll get, why get rid of hayter now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What are people's thoughts on the Hayter/Sutherland situation now, over a year after GZ?

We'll all have to wait and see the job Sutherland does I guess.
    But it still is a weird choice to drop the series established voice actor David Hayter for someone else and the strange thing is that it's not like Sutherland has been plastered over the games promotional material too. Metal Gear Solid, Kojima Productions and Komani tops the branding thus far.

I still think Hayter is involved. The time-setting makes sense for a yonger Solid Snake and if Kojima is to be believed the game is meant to tie nicely into Metal Gear 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

I think Sutherland does a good job its a shame that a lot of the other voice acting in the game is terrible. Really over the top stuff and cheesy. By the end of MGS4 I was growing tired of hearing Hayters Snake I think its refreshing to get someone new.

But then its Kojima so I wouldnt be surprised if Hayter appears in the first scenes of TPP

Yup console release date is September 1st and PC release date is September 15th as far as I'm aware.
    I think I might be able to wait 2 weeks for the PC release. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

I still think Hayter is involved. The time-setting makes sense for a yonger Solid Snake and if Kojima is to be believed the game is meant to tie nicely into Metal Gear 1.

I highly doubt it. Makes no sense for Hayter to apppear in the game at all since Snake would be a child at the time.Even if there's a flash forward at the end,I don't think it will end with Solid Snake meeting Big Boss as it's way too predictable. A lot of fans just need to let go of this notion and just love or hate this game for its true qualities instead of this fixation on voice acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

I honestly think people are expecting too much from the story in terms of saga significance. I don't think it will go the MGS4 route of tying up absolutely everything and bringing in lots of previous cast. It will probably be a self-contained story of Big Boss getting revenge. It will end within a few in-universe months of it starting, no time warps to MG1. It will just show Big Boss turning, the beginnings of Outer Heaven, and let you extrapolate the rest from that- kind of like the ending to MGS3.

They're showing a new trailer for this at E3. Surprised we're getting another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

MrMorooka wrote: »
    I honestly think people are expecting too much from the story in terms of saga significance. I don't think it will go the MGS4 route of tying up absolutely everything and bringing in lots of previous cast. It will probably be a self-contained story of Big Boss getting revenge. It will end within a few in-universe months of it starting, no time warps to MG1. It will just show Big Boss turning, the beginnings of Outer Heaven, and let you extrapolate the rest from that- kind of like the ending to MGS3.

That sounds absolutely perfect in terms of what I want from an MGS game. The series is carrying too much baggage at this stage. If MGS has a future without Kojima, then hopefully it will be as a series of games that simply riff on the lore, rather than getting bogged down in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Anyone see the new trailer for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anyone see the new trailer for this.

It has not been shown yet. It might be at the Sony show at 2am tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

It was live on youtube there. Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well.. there is confirmation anyway. The two at the end have to be Solid and Liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This looks bugnutty batsh*t crazy

No Kiefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Bad Horse wrote: »
    This looks bugnutty batsh*t crazy

Exactly what I want from a Metal Gear game really.

• Second Trailer! What a way to light a cigar :D

Crazy stuff as expected. Heavy emphasis on language and words. Hmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hopefully there wasn't some end game scenes in that trailer. Kojima has a good track record for spoiling

Advertisement