Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just unlocked FOB's, said I'd go full whack at em built 4 extra platforms straight away. Gonna sort out security tonight. Will have to look up where to get security features for the fob.

All the blueprints are their own side ops. Security settings is below staff management on the idroid. You might need to be in the ACC to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've pretty much completed the game now. Only the 1 replay mission to do and 4-5 side ops. I'll have to let my thoughts sink in before I write a post on the game overall (if i get around to it) but I don't think there is any doubt that MGS has never felt so good from a gameplay point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

tok9 wrote: »
    I've pretty much completed the game now. Only the 1 replay mission to do and 4-5 side ops. I'll have to let my thoughts sink in before I write a post on the game overall (if i get around to it) but I don't think there is any doubt that MGS has never felt so good from a gameplay point of view.
    Did you do 45? Minor
    Did you know what was coming or were you blind-sided like me?

Evade wrote: »
    Did you do 45? Minor
    Did you know what was coming or were you blind-sided like me?

A bit in the middle.
    I had found the intro a bit odd when you set up the avatar and having Kiefer Sutherland voice the other guy.

That said by the time we got back to it, I'd forgotten about it a bit so I was still surprised!

The game has you questioning a lot of things really. When you kill Skullface, confront the Man on Fire, see the shrapnel extend and what happens with Paz.

A bit in the middle.
    I had found the intro a bit odd when you set up the avatar and having Kiefer Sutherland voice the other guy.

That said by the time we got back to it, I'd forgotten about it a bit so I was still surprised!

The game has you questioning a lot of things really. When you kill Skullface, confront the Man on Fire, see the shrapnel extend and what happens with Paz.
    Wrong mission. Check to see if you've done 45, it doesn't unlock until you do side op 150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hmm, it appears my FOB was raided by a cheater during the weekend. Solid sneak.

Wrong mission. Check to see if you've done 45, it doesn't unlock until you do side op 150.
    Sorry, is this the Quiet mission? What do you mean by blindsided?

Now I'm thinking I must be as I don't remember any major twist to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

50 hours into the game. Still not 50% complete.

This game is insane value for money. That 50 hours doesn't even include any FOB infiltrations (haven't tried one yet) or MGO3 (not released yet).

That being said, I can't help but get the feeling that a good bit of content was cut from the game. Not finished the main story yet (did Mission 43 last night, so getting close), but a lot of stuff just seems a bit unfinished, or pushed to the side, especially based on all the trailers that were released.

Sorry, is this the Quiet mission? What do you mean by blindsided?

Now I'm thinking I must be as I don't remember any major twist to that.
    Yeah, the Quiet one.

Don't read the following if you haven't done 45.
    Quiet leaving and possibly dying after the epic battle to free her . Story wise it's not really anything new and not completely unexpected. The bit that blindsided me is that once that mission is over she's gone from your game forever (bar restoring an old save or PC modding). That actually made me feel a bit of a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Completed the "Extract the Legendary Gunsmith" Side Op a number of days ago.....but have got nothing else since. I've read you need to do 3 Side Ops to fully complete this. Any idea how I can get these side ops to appear, or does it just take time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Noopti wrote: »
    Completed the "Extract the Legendary Gunsmith" Side Op a number of days ago.....but have got nothing else since. I've read you need to do 3 Side Ops to fully complete this. Any idea how I can get these side ops to appear, or does it just take time?

They pop up straight away but they are back in Afghanistan. Check the side ops under that region.

They unlocked one after the other for me. Try doing the first on again or you might need to complete some main missions before the second and third unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They unlocked one after the other for me. Try doing the first on again or you might need to complete some main missions before the second and third unlock.

Yeah sometimes since some side-ops take place in the same outposts, you might need to do one which will then allow the new one to unlock in that outpost. No way of knowing which side-op in which outpost to do without googling it though.

No spoilers, but how have people found doing the
    Total Stealth/Extreme/Subsistence missions? I did the one where you have the time limit to blow up/fulton enemy tanks but that was easy enough as stealth wasn't really required, plus I had the electric mines to disable them and just fultoned them out. Haven't tried the stealth/subsistence ones yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Bizarre thing happened last night. Was doing mission 5 (I think) and enemy went into alert when I was holding up a different enemy soldier trying to extract Intel.

I was crouched behind a low wall and then 3 other enemies ran toward me but immediately put up their hands as if I had snuck up on them! 4 soldiers in a row lay on the ground. (Easy fultoning!) I was crouched holding my gun the whole time. Didn't need to move!

Penn wrote: »
    Total Stealth/Extreme/Subsistence missions? I did the one where you have the time limit to blow up/fulton enemy tanks but that was easy enough as stealth wasn't really required, plus I had the electric mines to disable them and just fultoned them out. Haven't tried the stealth/subsistence ones yet.
    I've only done the remixed Cloaked in Silence, Backup Back Down, and C2W. I think the subsistence missions are the most awkward because I've been spoiled by the silent footsteps on the sneaking suit for too long and having to find the right tool on the map can be frustrating.

Penn wrote: »

I like them but I'm not a fan of the
    extreme boss fights really.

I'm not a big fan of these repeat missions as part of chapter 2 either. I feel they should be in their own list as opposed to Main missions and it's one of the issues I have.

Yeah, the Quiet one.

Don't read the following if you haven't done 45.
    Quiet leaving and possibly dying after the epic battle to free her . Story wise it's not really anything new and not completely unexpected. The bit that blindsided me is that once that mission is over she's gone from your game forever (bar restoring an old save or PC modding). That actually made me feel a bit of a loss.

Ah yes I know what you mean now.
    Ya that whole thing was great and one of the nicer story arcs in the game. I really liked Quiet (pity about the over sexualisation of her) and as you said, I think it makes a bigger impact that you can't use her anymore.

One thing though, why doesn't the parasite spread again when she speaks English?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Cheers, I did a load of side ops since, I think their are only two outstanding (currently) in Afghanistan. One is a mine clearing one, where I spend AGES trying to find the last mine and gave up, the other is a prisoner extraction. Will probably do the next story mission and those side ops to try and force the next Legendary Gunsmith one to appear.

One thing though, why doesn't the parasite spread again when she speaks English?
    Speaking English is the trigger for the parasites to mate so I don't think she'd be contagious immediately. I wonder since Quiet doesn't have lungs can the parasites even kill her or will she have to live out the rest of her life alone in the desert?
    Noopti wrote: »
    One is a mine clearing one, where I spend AGES trying to find the last mine and gave up
    Bring D-Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I just love hearing the screams of the enemies when you fulton extract them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Error 10003 still ongoing.

Doesnt look like this is going to be fixed on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I just love hearing the screams of the enemies when you fulton extract them.

Hyenas for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Sorry for going off topic slightly, but if it was a toss-up between this or Mad Max, which would you go for? (for anyone that has played both)

I'm really thinking that the whole to and from the base into missions would break the immersion for me, compared to say older Metal Gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

have both, and while both are great, mgs is getting far more play time at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You wouldn't necessarily have to jump to and from your base. In fact you could load up the missions even while in free-mode and once you're done, all you have to do is run/drive/ride out of the hot-zone and you're back into free-mode. It does help eliminate the repetitiveness of arriving and leaving Mother Base repeatedly. The only time Mother Base is really relevant to visit is: every once in a while when you return, an event triggers. And also keeping morale up with your staff.

The only other downside of not returning to Base would be Snake's personal hygiene. This hasn't happened to me yet but I think if you stay out getting blood painted over you too long you end up smellin' rotten and enemies will smell you. As I said it hasn't happened to me yet so I don't know the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

So i finished it last night..
    Still not sure how i feel about the twist. chapter 2 in general felt soooo rushed, especially with most the main missions being repeats of older ones and the news of soooo much cut content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

You wouldn't necessarily have to jump to and from your base. In fact you could load up the missions even while in free-mode and once you're done, all you have to do is run/drive/ride out of the hot-zone and you're back into free-mode. It does help eliminate the repetitiveness of arriving and leaving Mother Base repeatedly. The only time Mother Base is really relevant to visit is: every once in a while when you return, an event triggers. And also keeping morale up with your staff.

The only other downside of not returning to Base would be Snake's personal hygiene. This hasn't happened to me yet but I think if you stay out getting blood painted over you too long you end up smellin' rotten and enemies will smell you. As I said it hasn't happened to me yet so I don't know the full details.

I've had that happen, looked like a right bum with all the flies around me!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

When the flies start buzzing around you, head back to base for a shower to wash the stink away. On one occasion when I returned to base in a right state, I got a bucket of water chucked on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Do that scene again but have quiet with you.

• Advertisement

I just fultoned an intruder out of my base :)

Edit: As an attacker, it's a huge disadvantage that you are forced back to your spawn if the defending player comes to defend. Makes no sense.

Advertisement