Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

When the sh1t hits the fan
    on your base and the disease breaks out. Do you have to quarantine everysingle person who speaks kikongo?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

on your base and the disease breaks out. Do you have to quarantine everysingle person who speaks kikongo?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Evade wrote: »
    Yes.
    Ah here. Ive got like 900 staff to sift through

I had the same and about 300 needed to be transferred.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I had around 1400 staff, had to quarantine like 500.... lost plenty of good men too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Got stuck on Mission 12 for a while, first time I decided to use the chicken hat because I was so pissed off :p Great mission.
    Getting chased by and fighting the big metal gear was fantastic. Psycho Mantis showing up again :eek: I'm kinda starting to dislike Kaz's character, I feel like he has a lot to hide that will come out later in the story, but that could just be me

Also, quick question about prosthesis upgrades; I currently have Mobility 1, which gives me longer reflex mode, but mobility 2 says it will give me faster prone/climbing movement. Do these stack/combine, or are they separate to each one? If I upgrade from mobility 1 to 2, will I lose the abilities from the first one? It makes sense that they should stack/carry over, but just thought I'd ask to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Alright, I need a guide to these FOBs.. I need to understand when the other player is alerted as twice now they have come back to defend when I haven't fultoned or alerted anyone.

Someone has come to investigate a me if they see me from a distance but they don't start an alert.

tok9 wrote: »
    Alright, I need a guide to these FOBs.. I need to understand when the other player is alerted as twice now they have come back to defend when I haven't fultoned or alerted anyone.

Someone has come to investigate a me if they see me from a distance but they don't start an alert.
    Did you fulton any containers? They might have had anti theft devices.

Did you fulton any containers? They might have had anti theft devices.

Definitely not, I'd only just rolled around to get away from 1 guy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Piss tru the next 2 story missions.....i honestly missed what was said ie SNAKE DO THIS!! and it was over fairly sharpish.

Still dont know what I was supposed to do and for what reasons but didnt lose many maybe 120? out of 800 odd.

I have 99+ tapes to listen to have pretty much no fcuking clue whats going on. But got a load of S and reckon
    Ocelot and Kaz are sneaky bastards
    On mission 33ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was doing the Extreme version of the Quiet mission. Almost had her health gone. Maybe 2 more shots would have done it. Aimed at her. Wouldn't let me shoot. Aimed again. Couldn't shoot. Thought it was something to do with my position, so I moved. While moving realised the R2 button must be broken, as it felt weird. Paused game. Switched controllers. Unpaused game. Forgot what I was doing. Shot in the head.

Managed to beat her the next time, but still, sickened me.

The Subsistence version of one of the earlier missions is bullsh*t too. Guards in full riot gear so even if you do get a weapon, you can't do sh*t. And they won't go down if you hold them up.

Man these extreme versions of missions are going to be a pain in my taint.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Penn wrote: »
    Man these extreme versions of missions are going to be a pain in my taint.

Failed the comms one a few times and went **** it, ran it grabbed the nades back up onto the hill and chucked them in the window.

S

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have 99+ tapes to listen to have pretty much no fcuking clue whats going on. But got a load of S and reckon
    I had about that many when I finished chapter 1 and listened to them all as I was doing side ops. There's actually some pretty interesting stuff on some of them.

EDIT: 3 more missions to S rank and 5 left to do some side objectives in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Just ride the helicopter into the hot zone and shoot the comms with the minigun. Mission's done before you even land. Just buff up your heli and remember to select it in the customise menu.

Anyway I've done
    50 missions
    so I dunno what to do anymore except keep grinding away until more random cutscenes get triggered.

Maybe I'll try to S rank everything and
    get the Raiden skin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

56% complete and over 50 hours put in the game and only now discover the online combat deployment. So I can send my team out, and the timer is actual real time, so when I come back tomorrow it should be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Misson 25, just did the
    quarantine. A lot of arsing around before i listened to the Tape which gave it away. 232 of the bastards locked up. My eyes are goosed, I'd say I'll be seeing the word kilcongo in my dreams tonight!

Dropping supply drops on Quiet's head for a non lethal kill is easily some of the most fun I've had in an MGS game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ramza wrote: »
    Dropping supply drops on Quiet's head for a non lethal kill is easily some of the most fun I've had in an MGS game

Does that work in the
    repeat mission? It didn't work for me, she just inconveniently dashed elsewhere when it was nearing her head!

@Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't want to read spoiler so can't reply to your question I'm afraid :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

@Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't want to read spoiler so can't reply to your question I'm afraid :o

Basically, I tried doing the same method on the replay version of the mission and it didn't work :P

• Advertisement

If I fulton out soldiers with As and Bs in their respective fields, will they replace soldiers of lower rank when I get back to mother base? For example, a lot of my units consist of A+, As, B, Cs, and then some D and Es at the end. On missions I usually fulton soldiers with high stats, but when I get back to the ACC I can never see where these soldiers went in my staff. Does the game automatically kick out the low rank soldiers in place for these better ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

If I fulton out soldiers with As and Bs in their respective fields, will they replace soldiers of lower rank when I get back to mother base? For example, a lot of my units consist of A+, As, B, Cs, and then some D and Es at the end. On missions I usually fulton soldiers with high stats, but when I get back to the ACC I can never see where these soldiers went in my staff. Does the game automatically kick out the low rank soldiers in place for these better ones?

Have a look in the brig. It takes a while for most of the soldiers you extract to actually join the ranks.

Does that work in the
    repeat mission? It didn't work for me, she just inconveniently dashed elsewhere when it was nearing her head!
    Same here. That was the tactic I used first time as I didn't have a sniper rifle and had no other way of beating her. This time though she'd leap out of the way, even while I was repeatedly poking my head up to make her keep shooting at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Penn wrote: »
    Same here. That was the tactic I used first time as I didn't have a sniper rifle and had no other way of beating her. This time though she'd leap out of the way, even while I was repeatedly poking my head up to make her keep shooting at me.

I had that problem, but then realised that
    just before the crate is about it hit, stand up and run to another bit of cover. I think the idea is that while she's focusing on you she's distracted and doesn't see the air drop coming in. I get the feeling that this was patched in because nobody seemed to mention it before.

humanji wrote: »
    I had that problem, but then realised that
    just before the crate is about it hit, stand up and run to another bit of cover. I think the idea is that while she's focusing on you she's distracted and doesn't see the air drop coming in. I get the feeling that this was patched in because nobody seemed to mention it before.
    B*tch was nailing me any time I tried to move. I even had the Battle Dress on but it was no addition. The actual fight wasn't too bad though. I stayed in the starting spot the whole fight and was able to get her easy enough. At one point she picked a point on the cliff just on the right of where you start, but I was able to follow her moving there by the sound and dust rising from her path of travel and nailed her with a headshot right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yes.

How do you deal with staff in the brig?

Otacon wrote: »
    How do you deal with staff in the brig?

You can't until they are out of the brig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    You can't until they are out of the brig.

Of course when they come out of the brig, you have to find them in the 800+ staff list again! ARGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Otacon wrote: »
    Of course when they come out of the brig, you have to find them in the 800+ staff list again! ARGH!

If you do the whole list and they are then discharged from the brig they should then have white dots beside them, so you can just check those staff members.

• Advertisement

Yup, that's how I did it too.

Love the idea but it could have been executed a bit better. It's a pain going through all your staff.

Advertisement