Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The menus really are one of the biggest problems with the game. No mouse input. No filters. No select-all. What were they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭BKtje

I just left the staff infected and did the missions as fast as possible. Lost a level or two for each unit but didn't have to go through the lists. Another option if you don't care too much. Don't think i lost all that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Did the three side ops last night for the legendary gunsmith. Customizing weapons is brilliant. Stuck suppressors on my snipers and gave em new paint jobs :p
    How useful is D Walker? Just got it and I can't wrap my head around if it's good or bad. I use D Horse to get around and then switch DD once I reach an area with enemies. Walker has CQC arms and tranq guns, so are you able to use him while sneaking around and stuff? Very confused, I see no reason to not use DD, he marks enemies everywhere from miles away and is super handy. But if someone can tell me some more about D Walker that I'm missing I'd appreciate it :)

D-Walker's only useful when you buff it up to fight bosses (miniguns excellent against
    armoured skulls
    ) or when you get its OP stuff real later on like
    fulton guns and stealth

Early on it's close to useless in my opinion.

Not too bad for hunting down animals and wandering motherbase staff too if you have a non-lethal loadout customised and ready. Dual wield some tranq pistols. Reload time's good.

Also I'm surprised nobody in here has figured out the weapon customisation glitches. I guess that stuff only gets talked about on image boards? I've got 100-round double barrel shotgun and rocket launcher. They look crazy and can be used in FOB so it's only a matter of time before it's patched but it doesn't seem to be noticed at all by the staff because it's not in log-in announcements... or maybe they're keeping silent about it so people don't realise it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ramza wrote: »
    Did the three side ops last night for the legendary gunsmith. Customizing weapons is brilliant. Stuck suppressors on my snipers and gave em new paint jobs :p
    How useful is D Walker? Just got it and I can't wrap my head around if it's good or bad. I use D Horse to get around and then switch DD once I reach an area with enemies. Walker has CQC arms and tranq guns, so are you able to use him while sneaking around and stuff? Very confused, I see no reason to not use DD, he marks enemies everywhere from miles away and is super handy. But if someone can tell me some more about D Walker that I'm missing I'd appreciate it :)

It's when you grade D-Walker that he'll become more useful. He has different heads which will also allow for marking of enemies, but will also allow him (when upgraded enough) to go off and engage enemies himself.

Plus he has a lot of different weapons available to him when upgraded, and you can do CQC while driving him.

In a way, he's a good mix of the other buddies. D-Horse for transport. D-Dog for marking enemies. Quiet for engaging enemies autonomously. But it seems to take a good bit of upgrading to get him to that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

D walker carries ATGM missiles, he proves very handy for one mission in particular. Other than that never used him.

Flying through the main story now, just finished
    the oil rig mission in africa. Lots of great plot points to be expanded on now. I have a fair idea what the "weapon to surpass metal gear is" that Skull Face talked about, but I can imagine the game will throw me a massive curveball soon enough :pac:
    Was listening to the tapes where Huey talks to Boss about cloning and he says how apparently some doctor cloned a human being over ten years ago. Obviously was talking about Para medic and how her and Zero cloned Big Boss back in 1972, but of course Huey doesn't know? Boss's reactions were brilliant too "alright, I've heard enough" :pac: I have a feeling like the whole cloning thing will become very important later in this game but that's just my hunch

Most of my friends didn't hold out and ended up spoiling the story for themselves by reading message boards etc, but I had no issue practicing self restraint :p I literally don't know any spoilers, or anything that happens in the story, so it's refreshing to experience the story first hand as it's getting pretty damn good now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Think I might be done with the game. Managed about an hour last night before I got bored and just did something else.

Couple of side ops and a story mission and I'd had enough. The game just wears me down at this stage and I read some spoilers and apparently all I have ahead of me is more of the same and even more repetition.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Think I might be done with the game. Managed about an hour last night before I got bored and just did something else.

Couple of side ops and a story mission and I'd had enough. The game just wears me down at this stage and I read some spoilers and apparently all I have ahead of me is more of the same and even more repetition.

Maybe it's just not your kind of game. There are some games I straight up don't enjoy. However I felt the same during the first few missions in this game, but once it picked up I couldn't stop. The game opens up a lot more once you progress a bit further but I do agree that the first few hours could be seen as repetitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Whenever I start the game I have to hum the "Doo, doo, doo-do-do-do" from the original. It's compulsory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Seen a video by Konami last night of the multiplayer, looks like great craic. Anyone have any idea when thats being launched?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

madcabbage wrote: »
    Seen a video by Konami last night of the multiplayer, looks like great craic. Anyone have any idea when thats being launched?

Next year for PC, think consoles are later this year.

I wonder if the servers will be shut down in 4 years like MGO2. Or if they'll ever re-release MGS4/MGO2 with user servers possible.

Too bad about the delayed PC release. Seems like they really want to focus on the console version above all. I'll probably get into it as much as I did MGO2 if it's as good.

Ramza wrote: »
    Maybe it's just not your kind of game. There are some games I straight up don't enjoy. However I felt the same during the first few missions in this game, but once it picked up I couldn't stop. The game opens up a lot more once you progress a bit further but I do agree that the first few hours could be seen as repetitious.

I have around 36% completion. I'm nowhere near the first few hours because I wanted to give the game a fair shake based on my enjoyment of previous entries in the series.

It actually got worse the longer I played because it is so repetitive in pretty much everything that it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I have around 36% completion. I'm nowhere near the first few hours because I wanted to give the game a fair shake based on my enjoyment of previous entries in the series.

It actually got worse the longer I played because it is so repetitive in pretty much everything that it does.

Can you expand on that? Just I havent played but any form of grind in a game and I grow tired very quickly.

• Jesus I wish quite would shut the **** up singing

Ironic I know

Corvo wrote: »
    Can you expand on that? Just I havent played but any form of grind in a game and I grow tired very quickly.

The side missions are repeated into the double figures and even though the maps are large, you end up doing the aforementioned missions in around 5 locations on the map.

There's only so many times I can rescue a random POW or capture a particular soldier (usually with much worse stats than everyone I already have) before I just don't care any more.

Add to that you have to sit through 3 loading screens and an unskippable cutscene before every mission. Sometimes all that lasts longer than the mission itself

You pretty much have to do side ops to get the gear to do main missions

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Not too bad for hunting down animals and wandering motherbase staff too if you have a non-lethal loadout customised and ready. Dual wield some tranq pistols. Reload time's good.

You feel like an awful prick when you figure out the proper way to do those side ops :pac:
    Equip a cardboard box and run up to them, or play love deterrence or Paz humming through the speakers. The wandering soldiers will run up to you and recognise you as Big Boss. They salute you, then you can extract them with no fuss.

I was reading the reddit thread about it - some guy was running over them with D-walker until they were stunned :pac: Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

You feel like an awful prick when you figure out the proper way to do those side ops :pac:
    Equip a cardboard box and run up to them, or play love deterrence or Paz humming through the speakers. The wandering soldiers will run up to you and recognise you as Big Boss. They salute you, then you can extract them with no fuss.

I was reading the reddit thread about it - some guy was running over them with D-walker until they were stunned :pac: Oops.
    That's really cool. I never thought of that. I had
    Quiet shoot them with her tranquiliser rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You pretty much have to do side ops to get the gear to do main missions

I don't remember there being any compulsory gear needed to complete main missions?

As long as you develop what you need, you don't even have to do the side ops bar the important ones.

• Advertisement

If a guard is inspecting you and you leg it into one of the toilets. If you play the upset stomach audio, they won't inspect the toilet :D

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't remember there being any compulsory gear needed to complete main missions?

As long as you develop what you need, you don't even have to do the side ops bar the important ones.

You more than likely won't have the mats or money to develop what you need to play the main story missions without them being ball-bustingly hard if you don't do the side content.

You more than likely won't have the mats or money to develop what you need to play the main story missions without them being ball-bustingly hard if you don't do the side content.

But what stuff are you talking about?

If you only develop the stuff you use, I don't see the issue. Most of the development just adds a suppression for longer etc which you can just call in from a supply drop anyway.

I'm just thinking about it and all you need for the whole game really is a pistol, rocket launcher and C4.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But what stuff are you talking about?

If you only develop the stuff you use, I don't see the issue. Most of the development just adds a suppression for longer etc which you can just call in from a supply drop anyway.

I'm just thinking about it and all you need for the whole game really is a pistol, rocket launcher and C4.

Agreed. I usually have 90+ items available for development, but I don't want to use them, so I don't develop them. You develop & use the items you want, as and when you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Honestly think this best game ever .went for drive after playing a lot of it since last night .saw these yellow flowers at side(and the prompt to press circle ðŸ˜႒) of road automatic reaction was press the controller to extract ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Lads need advice Here.I'm starting to build up on aa guns mortars and machine guns from extracting them .they appearing all over base now .my question is should I sell them ? Or do they help down the road when I unlock the F.O.B.?

I'd also add that MGSV (along with all the other MGS games) is pretty easy game. I wouldn't say any of them are difficult games unless you play on extreme.

On top of that.. everyone should turn off reflex mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'd also add that MGSV (along with all the other MGS games) is pretty easy game. I wouldn't say any of them are difficult games unless you play on extreme.

On top of that.. everyone should turn off reflex mode.

I hated the idea of that reflex mode. I want to believe that if I get discovered, I want to suffer the consequences like a man instead of having the game patronize me. I never turned on that stupid mode and I never will.

Look at me being all precious about it :pac:

The attacker in FOBs is under a major disadvantage.

Again, I lured a guard over just to knock him out but before he even got to me the defender came into the game so it looks like the defender is alerted immediately when someone intrudes.

Never mind the fact that most bases have about 15-20 guards (usually fully armoured) per platform full of drones, mines, cameras etc. I've no idea how someone is supposed to infiltrate a 4 level platform.

Edit: Another annoying thing is that I get no advantage for having reflex mode turned off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

The attacker in FOBs is under a major disadvantage.

Again, I lured a guard over just to knock him out but before he even got to me the defender came into the game so it looks like the defender is alerted immediately when someone intrudes.

Never mind the fact that most bases have about 15-20 guards per platform full of drones, mines, cameras etc. I've no idea how someone is supposed to infiltrate a 4 level platform.
    That's very strange. I've never been invaded by the defender until I've caused an alert.

Advertisement