Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Evade wrote: »
    That's very strange. I've never been invaded by the defender until I've caused an alert.

It seems just attracting the guards will let them know going by my experience.

Turn on reflex mode and I infiltrate a 2 platform base.

That shouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I hated the idea of that reflex mode. I want to believe that if I get discovered, I want to suffer the consequences like a man instead of having the game patronize me. I never turned on that stupid mode and I never will.

Look at me being all precious about it :pac:

You're such a badass :D

Anyone else use the water pistol?

It may appear useless but it can be used to hold people up, stun people for a moment and most useful is disable electrical equipment! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone else use the water pistol?

It may appear useless but it can be used to hold people up, stun people for a moment and most useful is disable electrical equipment! :p
    I tried it on the skulls and the Man on Fire, it didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I honestly think that there should be an FOB upgrade that disables reflex mode. It would make a huge majority of players incapable of going through without an alert and is a much better way of buffing up an FOB in a meaningful way than the stupid ass nuke system.

But before that, FOBs need serious updates overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I would like a coop FOB mode, would be nice if one my buddies or whatever could help me out.

I did 3.....all on the same guy I assume thats what your supposed to do? mario914 or something sorry but all your base belongs to me.

I tried it on the skulls and the Man on Fire, it didn't work.

It definitely does work on the Man on Fire. That was the other thing I forgot to mention.

I honestly think that there should be an FOB upgrade that disables reflex mode. It would make a huge majority of players incapable of going through without an alert and is a much better way of buffing up an FOB in a meaningful way than the stupid ass nuke system.

But before that, FOBs need serious updates overall.

I agree. Reflex mode should be disabled and to help out attackers, guards vision should have normal vision instead of extreme.

tok9 wrote: »
    It definitely does work on the Man on Fire.
    I'll have to try it again.

100% complete and only 2 trophies left to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just completed mission 43 last night;
    When your guys stood to salute you as the theme from Peace Walker played and you just take them down, I got chills.

MGO Info

Bunch of info there on the online. Mentions 3 game modes which are essentially Team deathmatch, Search and Destroy and capture the flag with their own little tweaks.

I wish I could play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

A bit behind some of the folks in here, but did the Blood Runs Deep mission yesterday. Things got tense. It was a nice break from the side ops of extract person x. Got some good soldiers too.

When you find the second prisoners
    and Snake opens fire on the cell bucket, I thought he had just murdered the whole lot of them. The escape was good fun, helicopter prowling around, guys in front and behind you. I had to resort to shooting a lot of people to make that escape, it had been going well up until then. Still got an A rank so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

A bit behind some of the folks in here, but did the Blood Runs Deep mission yesterday. Things got tense. It was a nice break from the side ops of extract person x. Got some good soldiers too.

[/SPOILER]

I didn't like this mission but in fairness I think its in there to take you out of your comfort zone . The kids seemed (to me at least) to be doing their own thing at times . Twice during the mission I gave orders to go and pretty soon after that they stopped . When I hit R1 to give another go command the only option I had was to hit wait and then hit go . Little sh1ts had stopped without a command...and they did it at least twice .

Has anyone who has developed the Fulton further gone back and tried the Blood Runs Deep mission
    I have the fulton to extract kids, wonder if I can do that the minute I take them out of the cave, would really change the extraction part of that mission

rizzla wrote: »
    Has anyone who has developed the Fulton further gone back and tried the Blood Runs Deep mission
    I have the fulton to extract kids, wonder if I can do that the minute I take them out of the cave, would really change the extraction part of that mission
    You can only extract the injured one. The best way to do that mission is to extract all the enemies in the mine pit and along the trail to the helicopter before you free the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

rizzla wrote: »
    You can only extract the injured one. The best way to do that mission is to extract all the enemies in the mine pit and along the trail to the helicopter before you free the kids.
    That won't work as the soldiers refresh after the cutscene. I found the best way to get them all to safety as to carry the injured child, slowly move down the river with the group and have Quiet on Cover Me mode.

Also, if you get all of them to the chopper, you can put them all in, not just the injured child.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Sadly I'm struggling to get into this - I'll force myself to complete it, but i'm not really enjoying it. I'm at mission 15 and have done about 25-30 side quests. The worlds feel hollow and Motherbase has nothing to offer, the only reason i go back is to life morale, or
    to visit Paz

It just feel like its repetitive and lacking any decent story. I seem to be in the minority here, the gameplay is good, but its not enough imo.

Otacon wrote: »
    That won't work as the soldiers refresh after the cutscene. I found the best way to get them all to safety as to carry the injured child, slowly move down the river with the group and have Quiet on Cover Me mode.

Also, if you get all of them to the chopper, you can put them all in, not just the injured child.
    You do get a few spawning on the trail to the helicopter but there's no one left in the mine (when you get the "outpost captured" message) to find the kids are missing and send people after you.

I must try tranqing the kids to see if I can extract them while they're asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

hmmm....I dunno. I need to be convinced on MGO. I play this game very stealthily and slowly, and I am not sure if/how I would like any sort of frantic/action orientated type of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You do get a few spawning on the trail to the helicopter but there's no one left in the mine (when you get the "outpost captured" message) to find the kids are missing and send people after you.

I must try tranqing the kids to see if I can extract them while they're asleep.
    I wonder if getting a jeep dropped in and putting them in that, then fultoning it would work. Could only do 3 at a time though.

Penn wrote: »
    I wonder if getting a jeep dropped in and putting them in that, then fultoning it would work. Could only do 3 at a time though.
    The problem with the uninjured kids is you can't interact with them until they fall to the ground like when they get to the helicopter so you'd have to tranq them first. Then you could just fulton them anyway as long as you have the kid fulton. If you don't have that the jeep idea would probably work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

And as promised MGO will go live and be free to download on October 6th for everyone who owns MGSV:TPP

Lying SOBs.

Unless they've changed the release date for PC yet again. If so, they should really quit it with that. Confusing as feck.

I just retried that mission.
    You can tranq the kids and fulton them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I just retried that mission.
    You can tranq the kids and fulton them away.
    You need the +Children fulton upgrade right?

Otacon wrote: »
    You need the +Children fulton upgrade right?
    Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Sadly I'm struggling to get into this - I'll force myself to complete it, but i'm not really enjoying it. I'm at mission 15 and have done about 25-30 side quests. The worlds feel hollow and Motherbase has nothing to offer, the only reason i go back is to life morale, or
    to visit Paz

It just feel like its repetitive and lacking any decent story. I seem to be in the minority here, the gameplay is good, but its not enough imo.

I'm not as far as you but feel pretty much the same. Reading this thread I can see it's not going to improve significantly. I have no interest in FOBs or MGO so I'll probably continue to chip away at it until Fallout 4 and then trade it in against that even if I haven't completed it.

It's a decent game overall, but it seems it's strengths (e.g. freedom of strategy, base building) aren't areas that are important to me, whereas it's weaknesses (grind-like repetition, lack of a compelling narrative) are.

Lying SOBs.

Unless they've changed the release date for PC yet again. If so, they should really quit it with that. Confusing as feck.

I reckon that's some mis wording as they definitely said very recently that it wouldn't be on PC till next year.

• Advertisement

Update to fix the Quiet save issue has finally hit the Xbox one, still a bit wary using her in them missions.

Advertisement