Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think i just cleared it....waiting for long ass credits to finish, has to be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I've just finished mission 42,waiting for a new mission to appear in the mission list but nothings coming up.

I used quiet as a buddy in mission 42 but I installed the patch so it should be grand, have I corrupted my game or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I've just finished mission 42,waiting for a new mission to appear in the mission list but nothings coming up.

I used quiet as a buddy in mission 42 but I installed the patch so it should be grand, have I corrupted my game or something?
    Have you done 32, 35, 38, 41, and any pending important side ops?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

There should be a two for one trophy, love getting the headshot just right and it going through his buddies head as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think i just cleared it....waiting for long ass credits to finish, has to be more.

Just starting Chapter 2 :pac:

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Have you done 32, 35, 38, 41, and any pending important side ops?

I just done eliminate the wandering puppets 02 and that's triggered something, so we're all good. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

METAL GEAR ONLINE - Missions, Stages, Classes and more revealed.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/certification.php5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umpAp839gZI

From this video we can see that metal gear online will be available for everyone who has mgs5 on October 6th. SO PC owners don't have to wait until next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Oh well, at least that gives them loads of time to implement highly sophisticated anti-cheat technology. Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just going to give some thoughts on the game after finishing all the missions and story.

The gameplay in this is MGS at it's finest. A lot of games allow you choice and MGS takes it to another level really. Being able to go drop in a location, scouting areas, planning your attack when and where you want is great. Everything is up to you and I love that freedom to choose it. And to add to that I love how the game adapts to you, guards start wearing helmets, more patrols at night which help in varying up your play style too.

I loved the Main missions. They were generally chunky sections which took anything from 30 mins to 2 hours to complete a mission. Also how dynamic some of the missions would become. You could be going into a routine mission to extract someone but they get taken to another base or you need to get someone but once alerted they start to escape by chopper or just point blank the mission changes half way through. All of those things just add to the variety in the missions.

Unlike other open world games, there is no collect 10 flowers etc. The bulk of the game is main missions and side ops. Everything that you collect in the game itself actually has a use wether that be resources, flowers, animals.. They all help build up your force/Mother Base.

On some of the negatives:
    - Reflex mode ruins the game as far as I'm concerned. It makes what isn't a particularly difficult game too easy.
    - Opening credits on main missions.
    - Mother Base feels like a missed opportunity. You have this huge area and you can enter the odd door but it doesn't feel like there is anything to actually do there bar picking up the odd cutscene.
    - Development and dispatch missions taking real world time - at the beginning it's fine but then things start taking 2 to 8 hours which is just a pain.
    - FOBs isn't a negative for me, I actually really like it but it definitely needs some serious work for balancing it.

Well that post went on longer then expected. I want to mention a few other things like the story, characters etc but I'll leave it for another post.

I will end on saying the Soundtrack is great, both the OST and licensed stuff. Ludvig did a great job taking over from Williams. Two of the following are probably my favourite from the game. In particular for V has come to, I love that opening 10-20 seconds, that soft piano sound is just lovely. Wish there was a longer version of just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just finished Mission 46.
    Really could have done without having to play through the whole level again, but f*ck me... I kinda saw it coming but it still hit pretty hard.

Just finished the main story tonight too. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

tok9 wrote: »
    - Development and dispatch missions taking real world time - at the beginning it's fine but then things start taking 2 to 8 hours which is just a pain.
    I just built a nuke. It take 24 hours. Not a turn off your console and come back tomorrow 24 hours, 24 hours of gameplay. Or leaving your console on most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Costume DLC was announced at TGS
    The men's outfits consist of a tuxedo, MGS3's version of stealth camo, and a new set of jungle fatigues. The women's wear (which can be equipped by any female prisoner you've rescued, who you can then play as) includes the trademark outfits of both The Boss and Eva from Snake Eater.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=22121

MGSV-MGS3-Costumes-DLC.jpg

MGSV-MGS3-Female-Costumes-DLC.jpg

MGSV-MGS3-Costumes-DLC-1.jpg

MGSV-MGS3-Costumes-DLC-Sneaking-Suit.jpg

MGSV-MGS3-Costumes-DLC-Tuxedo.jpg

MGSV-TPP-Horse-DLC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Cool. I'm definitely not paying actually money for that, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Copious boob windows for Quiet and horse armour.

Any other game would be openly derided for this ****.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Copious boob windows for Quiet and horse armour.

Any other game would be openly derided for this ****.

Those outfits aren't for Quiet, they're for if you choose to play a mission as a female combat team member instead of as Snake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Reminds me of the whole Quiet thing
    So she wears, what she wears because of photosynthesis. Well why isn't Code Talker in a mankini then?

No chance I'd spend any money on dlc costumes though.

rizzla wrote: »
    Reminds me of the whole Quiet thing
    So she wears, what she wears because of photosynthesis. Well why isn't Code Talker in a mankini then?
    What annoyed me about the Quiet thing is that we were told there'd be a reason for why she dresses like that. After hearing the explanation, it became abundantly clear that they came up with the design first, then said "Right, what reason can we make up for why she has to dress like this?"

• Advertisement

I'd probably pay a euro to change D-Dog's breed. Would love him to be a tiny pug.

Penn wrote: »
    Those outfits aren't for Quiet, they're for if you choose to play a mission as a female combat team member instead of as Snake.

Is that supposed to be any better?

I'm no SJW but the whole "bewbs" thing in this game is embarrassing but it's just one of a myriad of things wrong with the game and how people are viewing it.

I actually went on Metacritc (yeah i know, lol etc.) earlier on to see if i was just crazy with my opinion on the game and it turns out that most of the mixed/negative user reviews have exactly the same problems as i have with it and literally all of them say that the game is ultra repetitive.

This game has sort of made me lose a bit of faith in professional games journalism. How is it that not one reviewer or website mentioned the fact that the game is the same 10 hours of gameplay stretched over 50-60 hours? How is it that no one mentioned that the main story is basically unfinished and a bunch of stuff was cut?

If this wasn't an MGS game it would have got 5/6s in most places.

This game has sort of made me lose a bit of faith in professional games journalism. How is it that not one reviewer or website mentioned the fact that the game is the same 10 hours of gameplay stretched over 50-60 hours? How is it that no one mentioned that the main story is basically unfinished and a bunch of stuff was cut?

Pretty sure it was because it was done at a 2 day review event so they wouldn't have put that amount of time into it. What they mainly would have done would been plough through the story missions and then a few side ops. So it wouldn't have felt repetitive. When I saw extract the highly skilled soldier 13 appear in my side ops list I was thinking, are they taking the piss, 10, 10 should of been the max.

I'm very skeptical of review events. Although I do enjoy the game and find it very good, I can see it's faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

rizzla wrote: »
    Pretty sure it was because it was done at a 2 day review event so they wouldn't have put that amount of time into it. What they mainly would have done would been plough through the story missions and then a few side ops. So it wouldn't have felt repetitive. When I saw extract the highly skilled soldier 13 appear in my side ops list I was thinking, are they taking the piss, 10, 10 should of been the max.

I'm very skeptical of review events. Although I do enjoy the game and find it very good, I can see it's faults.

Not really though, because if you listen to any gaming podcasts or follow any prominent gaming personalities on twitter, they are all still talking about how good it is, "Its like Far Cry - just clearing outposts, its great" :confused:
    Thats not what i wanted - its devoid of a story and is very repetitive.
    I will finish it though - just to say if finished all the MG games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'd agree that it's reptitive at times but repition isn't always bad. Look at Killing Floor. It's just shoot shoot shoot wave after wave of endless zeds and yet it's fun every damn time. When something is done really well it's ok to keep doing it. The only thing the game really needed to make it less repititive in the bad ways was to have more diverse, interesting locations. We needed more urban areas and big sprawling buildings with dozens upon dozens of rooms. I mean we barely got anything close to the Ground Zeroes facility everything looks really samey. Also map layout wasn't that good. Always walls you can't climb arbitrariy, frustration boundaries.

Another game is with reptition that's still fun is DMC (3-4). Same moves, same mechanics, a dozen or so enemy types. All that combines to make every battle never be the same twice. Huge combo possibilities, setups and challenge while doing it.

Anyway I can't believe lawlolawl just asked is there any point to having women playable. Talk about knuckle dragging. Maybe it's just for the choice? Do we really need a reason? Like unless the female character models come with some distinct skill we should drop them from the game or think it's funny to pick them? I mean sure the main game has rediculous chest and ass shots even of the men. My sister says the only thing she remembers of MGS4 is Old Snake's muscle suit'd arse. It's part of the series. I've personally being playing as a female soldier all the time when doing side ops because I think she looks great (and yes that's a perfectly fine reason to pick a character in a video game, we do it with guys all the time too) and she has pretty much one of the only good abilities: faster reload. Playing as her has made her combat rating get higher and higher so I've contracted her and she could actually raise my combat staff or security team level a bit. My previous main character was a skinhead dude because he ran like a horse and started to grow on me when I used him long enough. Hated him at first but now he's on contract ^_^
    IThis game has sort of made me lose a bit of faith in professional games journalism.

Well it's a shame that this game done that but at least something good came out of it. You should really stop listening to that games journalism industry and stick with forums, image boards etc. Anywhere where people can talk freely about games with no sponsoring and no censor is the only way I get opinion, praise and critiism about games when I actually want it from other users.

MGSV has a crap load of problems but overall I think it's a damn good game. It needs MGO3 to be as good as MGO2 for it to survive long term, though. At least for me. Class-based character selection in MGO3 might've just ruined it for me.

Is that supposed to be any better?

I'm no SJW but the whole "bewbs" thing in this game is embarrassing but it's just one of a myriad of things wrong with the game and how people are viewing it.

I was just pointing out what the costumes are for. I agree about the needless sexism in the game, which is a problem Kojima has always had, but it's not something that severely detracts from the game. Quiet is one of the best female characters in the MGS games, probably only secondary to The Boss imo.
    I actually went on Metacritc (yeah i know, lol etc.) earlier on to see if i was just crazy with my opinion on the game and it turns out that most of the mixed/negative user reviews have exactly the same problems as i have with it and literally all of them say that the game is ultra repetitive.

I agree the gameplay isn't very varied. I agree that it's clear the story suffered huge cuts.

But I'm over 50 hours into the game and I'd have no problem giving it a 10/10. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years, probably since Borderlands 2. The gameplay isn't hugely varied, but it is still absolutely fantastic. The missions aren't hugely varied, but there are so many different ways of doing most of them that you can still approach them in different ways and methods. The evolving AI counters you if you stick to the same gameplan the whole time. And the further you go into the game, the newer weapons unlock.

A bunch of stuff was cut, but what we did get was still fantastic. I enjoyed the hell out of the story, and it was very well told. Was it perfect? No. But compared to MGS2 & MGS4, give me MGSV any day, even with the cuts.

I get your criticisms of the game, and they're valid. But in my opinion, and clearly in the opinions of most reviewers, they're not bad enough to warrant giving the game a 5 of 6 out of 10.

50 hours into the game, for me it still doesn't beat MGS3 or MGS1, but it's still a bloody brilliant game, and I can't wait to put the next 50 hours into it.

Anyway I can't believe lawlolawl just asked is there any point to having women playable. Talk about knuckle dragging.

In fairness I think he was questioning the reason for both female costumes having tits on display. Particularly The Boss's outfit, as it would have been far easier to have her outfit zipped up like it was for most of MGS3.

If anyone should be accused of knuckle dragging, it's Kojima, as he can barely seem to have any female in the game without not being able to perve at them.

Anyway I can't believe lawlolawl just asked is there any point to having women playable. Talk about knuckle dragging. Maybe it's just for the choice? Do we really need a reason? Like unless the female character models come with some distinct skill we should drop them from the game or think it's funny to pick them? I mean sure the main game has rediculous chest and ass shots even of the men. My sister says the only thing she remembers of MGS4 is Old Snake's muscle suit'd arse. It's part of the series. I've personally being playing as a female soldier all the time when doing side ops because I think she looks great (and yes that's a perfectly fine reason to pick a character in a video game, we do it with guys all the time too) and she has pretty much one of the only good abilities: faster reload. Playing as her has made her combat rating get higher and higher so I've contracted her and she could actually raise my combat staff or security team level a bit. My previous main character was a skinhead dude because he ran like a horse and started to grow on me when I used him long enough. Hated him at first but now he's on contract ^_^

Ha, ha, wow.

Where did that tangent come from? I never said anything about having women playable in the game. I made a reference to the DLC costumes for the females having boob windows and it being embarrassing for anyone who isn't a 14 year old boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

If anyone should be accused of knuckle dragging, it's Kojima, as he can barely seem to have any female in the game without not being able to perve at them.

Although I'm fine with the perving I agree it was overdone in this game. It was eye-rolling at times. Like c'mon... make it subtle sometimes at least.
    ut in my opinion, and clearly in the opinions of most reviewers, they're not bad enough to warrant giving the game a 5 of 6 out of 10

And it getting a 10/10 vs a 6/10 means and says absolutely nothing to the consumer about what's good or bad about the game anyway. Some 10/10 games are absolute garbage imo while some niche things that mainstream reviewers just didn't understand got 5ish or the equivelant on whatever bull**** numerical meter they used to judge a game.

Can't believe people still put any weight to these kinds of things.
    Ha, ha, wow.

Where did that tangent come from? I never said anything about having women playable in the game. I made a reference to the DLC costumes for the females having boob windows and it being embarrassing for anyone who isn't a 14 year old boy.

You from the US or something? EU is generally chill about sex and nuditity. These costumes are mild as feck. If they trigger you then ha ha indeed. I'd say it's the young crowd who would giggle at this kind of crap out of embaressment. This should roll off any adult gamer's back.

But it's **** we don't get The Boss' scar with it open like that. That's the whole point. Going to create a new character and try have it look like her when MGO launches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Going to the metacritic user scores is definitely far worse. All you have is fanboys giving 10s and 0s. It's a complete waste of time.

I disagree with this. If you go and check reviews, I would say a lot of them actually do tell you the bulk of what you do in the game. The only issue here is that you don't enjoy the gameplay and they did. Thats it really. Which is why one should actually read a review rather than check a score. Also from the reviews I listen to, they did mention about the game being incomplete yet they still loved it. I'd be in that camp too. I'll get to my criticisms later.

The argument of the game being repetitive can be thrown at literally every other game.

Looks at Shadow of the Colossus, one of my all time favourite games. Someone can look at that and say, it's repetitive. You go from A to B, you kill a colossi and you repeat for the rest of the game.

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Not really though, because if you listen to any gaming podcasts or follow any prominent gaming personalities on twitter, they are all still talking about how good it is, "Its like Far Cry - just clearing outposts, its great" :confused:
    Thats not what i wanted - its devoid of a story and is very repetitive.
    I will finish it though - just to say if finished all the MG games

So because it's not what you wanted, reviewers should take that into consideration? Surely the fact that they are telling you why they liked it should give you an indication if you will like it.

This is actually why scores are pointless anyway. For me Bloodborne is easily GOTY but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone because some people just don't like that genre

Advertisement