Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

RE why Code Talker isn't naked.
    The exposed skin is for Quiet to breath not to photosynthesise.

Have some pre-coital almost naked Miller to balance out the whole Quiet kerfuffle.
    tumblr_inline_moqtqlWuMI1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ebgwct5.jpg

• ^My eyes hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

These costumes are mild as feck. If they trigger you then ha ha indeed.

That's a weird thing to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Did I read that they had a huge hit with a mobile game? That's gonna be a huge influence on things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A huge hit with multiple mobile games. Mobile has pretty much taken over in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

rizzla wrote: »
    Reminds me of the whole Quiet thing
    So she wears, what she wears because of photosynthesis. Well why isn't Code Talker in a mankini then?

No chance I'd spend any money on dlc costumes though.

The one thing that's always amazed me with the MGS games is this: No matter how ridiculous the story has gotten in any single one of the games, they have actually put a serious amount of time into researching the science behind it. From MGS1 to MGSV, any little bit of info you get regarding the science is almost always factually correct.
    It's so she doesn't suffocate, not to photosynthesise. That being said, Code Talker is over 100 and in a wheelchair. The amount of energy used by Quiet in comparison to CT would certainly be a valid reason for not needing the same surface area for photosynthesis.

What actually was a massive mistake with that was allowing the XOF suit for her. And I suppose the sniper wolf one too. Both of those go against what you're told in the game.
    I mean sure the main game has rediculous chest and ass shots even of the men. My sister says the only thing she remembers of MGS4 is Old Snake's muscle suit'd arse. It's part of the series.

Now you've gone and done it. Links234 will be in here posting ass shots of Raiden all day :pac:.
    Although I'm fine with the perving I agree it was overdone in this game. It was eye-rolling at times. Like c'mon... make it subtle sometimes at least.

You from the US or something? EU is generally chill about sex and nuditity. These costumes are mild as feck. If they trigger you then ha ha indeed. I'd say it's the young crowd who would giggle at this kind of crap out of embaressment. This should roll off any adult gamer's back.
    Maybe slightly overdone, but you expect it in a MGS game. And it's hilarious. People need to chill out on the whole PC thing.
    But it's **** we don't get The Boss' scar with it open like that. That's the whole point. Going to create a new character and try have it look like her when MGO launches.
    Hmm... I dunno. You're getting her costume, not actually play as The Boss. I'm not sure should it really have the scar. But then in terms of consistency, the Raiden costume gives you all his abilities... so... :pac:

Grayditch wrote: »
    Did I read that they had a huge hit with a mobile game? That's gonna be a huge influence on things.

Mobile and pachinko is where the money is in Japan at the moment and it has a much smaller cost base that developing AAA games for home consoles, especially with the likes of Kojima involved.

They'll keep releasing PES because it sells fairly well and it is relatively low effort to have a new version out every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im not that bothered with repetition when good gaming mechanics are employed, MGS has that. And being honest all games are repetitive in some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Mobile and pachinko is where the money is in Japan at the moment and it has a much smaller cost base that developing AAA games for home consoles, especially with the likes of Kojima involved.

The Pachinko industry in Japan is estimated at £155 billion a year, more than the economy of New Zealand!

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/popularity-pachinko-proves-japanese-gambling-worlds-most-lucrative-untapped-market-1470903 (warning - auto playing video)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

All the discussion of repetition and dislike for MGSV, I think this video from 2 years ago is very relevant in the discussion.

faceman wrote: »
    All the discussion of repetition and dislike for MGSV, I think this video from 2 years ago is very relevant in the discussion.

Not really all that relevant.

The "stealth" aspect of MGS5 is a bit shonky compared to previous titles in the series and the open world is the cause of it.

Most missions involve either using your scope to pre-scout and then you tranq everyone from afar or using DDog, Quiet and DWalker to automatically pre-scout and then you tranq everyone from afar.

Actual stealth gameplay is fairly light in the game and even when it is necessary (which shouldn't be often because you have so many tools to avoid it), the enemy either doesn't notice you until you are standing right in front of them or they somehow become psychic and find you from 100 meters away in the pitch dark after you've missed a single silenced sniper shot.

The whole "waiting" mechanic from previous MGS titles is completely absent because you are usually "waiting" on a hill overlooking an outpost 300m away marking enemies with absolutely zero threat to you and it makes it a pretty bad stealth game as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I agree about the lack of stealth in the game, it is easy to capture most outposts by just tranq sniping everyone and then fultoning, the game really needed difficulty levels at the outset, I suppose you can make your own by not using certain weapons, but as Metal Gear games go, this is by far the least challenging and easiest.

It is a shame as it is taking away from my enjoyment now, some missions are quite tough granted, but most are just repetitive and a walk in the park at this stage and with no satisfaction after completing them, quite a few side missions can be finished in under a minute of arriving at the destination as well.

Xenji wrote: »
    quite a few side missions can be finished in under a minute of arriving at the destination as well.

As i stated earlier, a good few missions are shorter than the loading screens and unskippable helicopter cutscene you have to endure to do them.

Inexcusably awful video-game design.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trying to unlock mission 43, have no interest in the remix missions until i clear the game. Do i have to do them or just do a few side ops like google told me?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trying to unlock mission 43, have no interest in the remix missions until i clear the game. Do i have to do them or just do a few side ops like google told me?
    Do some side ops and check in on Mother base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Evade wrote: »
    Do some side ops and check in on Mother base.

mission 39 not poping up for me

what are the requirements iv done all important sidequests. listened to all tapes
    checked in on motherbase

still nothing

biggebruv wrote: »
    mission 39 not poping up for me
    39 is a remix of mission 5, I don't remember exactly when it unlocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

39 is a remix of mission 5, I don't remember exactly when it unlocks.

opps sorry ment 38

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Im still only dipping in and out of the game but I have always found MGS games hard to get into but not with this one.

I love the freedom to attack a situation anyway you want. Today I was doing a side mission that involved rescuing a prisoner from a compound.

Found a shortcut to drop into one of the guard towers, tranq'd a guard and then dropped through a skylight right beside the jail cell. Tranq'd two more guards, pick the lock and fulton the guy away to safety - job done and then spent the rest of the time looking for loot.

Looking forward to doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

In relation to the ending and just other spoileriffic stuff,
    I can see why it p*ssed off fans. Really left way too many threads open seeing as it's the last game. I was surprised Kojima went for the main character switcheroo trick again, albeit in a pretty cool way. I had a feeling something weird was going on with the main character as early as mission 12 (hellbound) when you go to extract Huey. The Boss AI pod scans your face as you walk in and says something like "Snake?It's not you, is it?" Also when Huey walks up to you, he cranes his neck at you and says something like "Are you...?" Looking back at it now it seems obvious :P

Was also very surprised Gray Fox didn't turn up at all, felt sure he'd be in the game somewhere.

It seems Konami have at least started acknowledging that there are cheaters as per the newest announcements when you log in / start up the game. Unfortunately their URL is just to their main website, and not an actual working report cheaters form (yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It seems Konami have at least started acknowledging that there are cheaters as per the newest announcements when you log in / start up the game. Unfortunately their URL is just to their main website, and not an actual working report cheaters form (yet).

Saw that today as well, how are people cheating though?

Something like this?
    Also I'm surprised nobody in here has figured out the weapon customisation glitches. I guess that stuff only gets talked about on image boards? I've got 100-round double barrel shotgun and rocket launcher. They look crazy and can be used in FOB so it's only a matter of time before it's patched but it doesn't seem to be noticed at all by the staff because it's not in log-in announcements... or maybe they're keeping silent about it so people don't realise it's there.

I posted this earlier in the thread. Despite having an absolute fúcktonne of security measures, not one single alert went off as he happily wandered around setting off all the anti-theft devices.
    Hmm, it appears my FOB was raided by a cheater during the weekend. Solid sneak.

It appears that people are using "trainers" like the following to just hack all of the things.

MGSVTPPain_LngTrbg7.png

One of the things also includes causing every guard on the map to fall asleep or become paused instantly, which is what I imagine happened when my FOB was invaded. Un-killable FOB invaders is a common complaint on the steam forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Anybody running this on a 2560x1080p monitor know of a working fix for the resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Something like this?

Did I just get accused of cheating for doing nothing but using the game's own customise menu? What I mentioned requires no cheat engine, trainer or any external application. In fact you can replicate the customise glitch on all platforms. It's very easy to do it by mistake and in fact I found out naturally by playing around but didn't realise its potential until I saw people discussing it more.

Having a full-auto 100 round sawn-off shotgun is possible on all platforms and you can bring it to FOB. I guess the cat's really out of the bag now so I wonder how long it'll take for that to be patched.

• Advertisement

Did I just get accused of cheating for doing nothing but using the game's own customise menu? What I mentioned requires no cheat engine, trainer or any external application. In fact you can replicate the customise glitch on all platforms. It's very easy to do it by mistake and in fact I found out naturally by playing around but didn't realise its potential until I saw people discussing it more.

Having a full-auto 100 round sawn-off shotgun is possible on all platforms and you can bring it to FOB. I guess the cat's really out of the bag now so I wonder how long it'll take for that to be patched.
    I've highlighted the operative word. I have no problem doing stuff like that in singleplayer. Doing it in FOB invasions is another matter. It's like glitching through the map in an FPS, anyone can do it but should you?

Advertisement