Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Since your opponent's are doing it, yes. I believe the theme of the game is to fight fire with fire when your enemies develop stronger weapons. It's going to be patched no doubt and it's not cheating so you have to adapt temporarily until they fix it.

Also the guns look ridiculous and awesome. Try it. Reloading a 100 round revolver is the hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Since your opponent's are doing it, yes. I believe the theme of the game is to fight fire with fire when your enemies develop stronger weapons. It's going to be patched no doubt and it's not cheating so you have to adapt temporarily until they fix it.
    I disagree. Just because some people will abuse a glitch doesn't mean you have to.

I never said you have to. Just that you're at a disadvantage to someone who has. And when it comes to FOB I'd rather that not be the case. It's just a glitch. Someone with a grenade launcher is still going to win as long as they see you first at the right range, whether or not there's a dozen rounds or 100 rounds so it's not that big of a difference, honestly. The actual cheaters are the ones who will win no matter what and that's not right.

Again, it's going to patched and probably soon enough. Enjoy 100 round shotty while you can it's fun as feck.

Anything that can be done in-game with nothing but the controls the developers have left you with is fair game. Setting arbitrary restrictions on yourself is crazy. You might as well say you're not going to use the tank rifle because it's OP in FOB.

You used other people using the glitch to justify your use of it. I meant that that's not a good enough reason to use it, not that everyone has to use it. Again it's just like terrain exploits in multiplayer shooters they go against the spirit of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

120 hours in and 72% complete. Best game I've played all year.

Still haven't touched the online FOB missions and then in October metal gear online launches.

Safe to say I'll be getting my money's worth from this.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    You used other people using the glitch to justify your use of it. I meant that that's not a good enough reason to use it, not that everyone has to use it. Again it's just like terrain exploits in multiplayer shooters they go against the spirit of the game.

I used the fact that it requires no hacking or cheating as my reasoning for why it's fine. And I don't know of any competitive games where huge flaws like this would last very long so I don't get your example. If someone in CS:GO found a bit of terrain that glithced out, through no cheat engine, it's fair game to use it until it's patched out. You simply cannot say X is not allowed in-game when it's entirely possible via the mechanics of the game. Sure playing games locally with friends you can say "No grabbing" when in some tekken. Harmless stuff. But online competitive play is no place for that. If you really think it's so wrong then get on the official forums and ask for a quick patch.

And again. There's people using this glitch without any awareness that it even is a glitch. All you do is select a weapon part to attach and it goes onto weapons that it's not supposed to. There is no complex trick. You just select the item and it will work depending on the previous items you were looking at.

I used the fact that it requires no hacking or cheating as my reasoning for why it's fine. And I don't know of any competitive games where huge flaws like this would last very long so I don't get your example.
    It doesn't seem to be as common as it used to be but Battlefield 3 and CoD:MW2 spring to mind. In BF3 the M320 dart + heavy barrel glitch was around for months and it pretty much ruined the game while it was going on and MW2 had multiple terrain exploits and cross map knifing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cleared it last night (Missions 45 & 46), what a fantastic game.
    I thought Quiet was gonna be an awful character when first introduced, especially as Hideo requested she look as erotic as possible but she has become my favourite female character of the year (and not because of the jiggly boobs.....mostly). Mission 45 was spec-fukin-tacular.
    Only sickner is that she is gone now and missions would feel empty without that highly annoying humming.

I always thought Huey was being wronged but listening to the AI Pod's last recorded message, F* that guy! Jaysus...

As for Mission 46, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what an ending, the pic of ME and Big Boss was class. I really liked that ending, seeing a lot of complaining online but nice and mental, fitting with with the rest of the series. Also, great when the penny dropped why Liquid's (Eli's) DNA didn't match :pac:

I seriously want a book, comic, movie, whatever about the Adventures of Mini-Liquid and Mini-Mantis (BFF's)

Listened to all the secret tapes as well, eye-opening! Anyone who hasn't bothered listening to them, make sure to just listen to Miller and Ocelot's recording on how in the future they will back up the sons and become enemies. I thought that was an excellent link to MGS 1. Would seriously drop mad cash if they released a remastered MGS 1.

My FOB wasn't invaded once, must be a smell off it. Just need to get the last of the wandering MB soldiers to see how the medical bay patient plays out. Brilliant end to the series.

A video of Episode 51 that was cut from the game. Obvious ending spoilers

:eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Only sickner is that she is gone now and missions would feel empty without that highly annoying humming.
    You could always loop the tape of her humming.
    Listened to all the secret tapes as well, eye-opening! Anyone who hasn't bothered listening to them, make sure to just listen to Miller and Ocelot's recording on how in the future they will back up the sons and become enemies. I thought that was an excellent link to MGS 1. Would seriously drop mad cash if they released a remastered MGS 1.
    I liked the one about how the parasites came from the bodies of the Cobra Unit in MGS3.

Have you found all 11 photos for the Paz scenes? The last one is on the wall on the way to her room.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Have you found all 11 photos for the Paz scenes? The last one is on the wall on the way to her room.

No only about 5, I'll be getting the rest tonight to see how that ends. Sound for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The one thing that's always amazed me with the MGS games is this: No matter how ridiculous the story has gotten in any single one of the games, they have actually put a serious amount of time into researching the science behind it.

Game is set in 1980's
    Sahelanthropus was discovered in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I used the fact that it requires no hacking or cheating as my reasoning for why it's fine.

The Javelin glitch in CoD:MW3 was fine so, since it didn't require any outside programs?

For those that don't know, you were able to weapon switch in such a way that make you explode with the power of a Javelin missile upon death. It was heavily abused and patched out after a few weeks.

Just remembered that Hideo said we could revisit Camp Omega in TPP. Was looking forward to that, must have been cut.

Just reading '100 things you might not know', some interesting bits below.

You can Fulton a cargo container and quickly hop on to ride it back to the ACC for a fast getaway.

To easily capture the wandering Mother Base soldiers, you can
    play the Love Deterrence tape using your cassette player's speakers and they'll come right over.

Playing the tape of Quiet's humming will
    steady your aim.

Playing the “Enemy Eliminated” tape through your cassette player's speakers will cause enemies
    to stop pursuing you.

Sometimes you can hear female soldiers on Mother Base asking each other if they're "Team Miller" or "Team Ocelot."

Also, a secret cutscene will play if ALL players with FOB's decide to disarm their nukes. This will NEVER happen but a cutscene has been found for it if it ever happens
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4uSkAACoHc

People have noticed a huge chunk of data missing from the PC version in comparison to the console versions. This may well just be MGO data however some think it's a secret Chapter 3 called "Peace". Peace day is today and lot of people think something's going to happen.

The reason they'd remove it from the PC version if this is true is because it would just get data-mined. If this is true, it's either outright cut content that they didn't bother fully removing from the console versions because it's harder to data-mine it there... or it's a yet to be released extra chapter. Possibly from an update or haven forbid payed DLC. So many hypothesis.

People have noticed a huge chunk of data missing from the PC version in comparison to the console versions. This may well just be MGO data however some think it's a secret Chapter 3 called "Peace". Peace day is today and lot of people think something's going to happen.

The reason they'd remove it from the PC version if this is true is because it would just get data-mined. If this is true, it's either outright cut content that they didn't bother fully removing from the console versions because it's harder to data-mine it there... or it's a yet to be released extra chapter. Possibly from an update or haven forbid payed DLC. So many hypothesis.
    It's probably just assets from Kingdom of the Flies taken out so they can't be modded to be playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Super Bunnyhop did a good critique of MGSV. It's taken from a very fanboy perspective, but it does make some valid criticisms imo. It makes the review boot camp all the more odious.

The review is VERY spoilerific (for people who've finished the game only).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

good site with load of guides like how to get Demon Snake, key items and best weapons

http://www.gosunoob.com/metal-gear-solid-5/mgsv-the-phantom-pain-wiki-guides-walkthroughts/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Super Bunnyhop did a good critique of MGSV. It's taken from a very fanboy perspective, but it does make some valid criticisms imo. It makes the review boot camp all the more odious.

The review is VERY spoilerific (for people who've finished the game only).

I've a lot of issues with this. I think the guy for start is taking MGS far too serious and is trying to make popular his dislike for the game to appease his ego.

He isn't really clear if he dislikes the game anyway as he regular contradicts himself.

The cuts scenes are a non issues. The MGS series storyline has its head so firmly stuck up its own rear that any incentive to watch cut scenes was erased many games ago.

That being said I do agree with his point about the helicopter wait times. However I'm not up in arms about it.

The vastness of the game with empty space and the moments on the chopper remind me of one of the opening moments in Silent Hill 2 where you walked for a number of minutes and nothing happens. With MGSV the emptiness and chopper ride highlights the loneliness of the character and the isolation of the war zone. IMO. But I'd rather get there quickly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

faceman wrote: »
    I've a lot of issues with this. I think the guy for start is taking MGS far too serious and is trying to make popular his dislike for the game to appease his ego.

He isn't really clear if he dislikes the game anyway as he regular contradicts himself.

The cuts scenes are a non issues. The MGS series storyline has its head so firmly stuck up its own rear that any incentive to watch cut scenes was erased many games ago.

That being said I do agree with his point about the helicopter wait times. However I'm not up in arms about it.

The vastness of the game with empty space and the moments on the chopper remind me of one of the opening moments in Silent Hill 2 where you walked for a number of minutes and nothing happens. With MGSV the emptiness and chopper ride highlights the loneliness of the character and the isolation of the war zone. IMO. But I'd rather get there quickly. :)

Aye, he does make some good points, but most of it seem to be complaining for the sake of it.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just reading '100 things you might not know', some interesting bits below.

You can Fulton a cargo container and quickly hop on to ride it back to the ACC for a fast getaway.

To easily capture the wandering Mother Base soldiers, you can
    play the Love Deterrence tape using your cassette player's speakers and they'll come right over.

Playing the tape of Quiet's humming will
    steady your aim.

Playing the “Enemy Eliminated” tape through your cassette player's speakers will cause enemies
    to stop pursuing you.

Sometimes you can hear female soldiers on Mother Base asking each other if they're "Team Miller" or "Team Ocelot."

Also, a secret cutscene will play if ALL players with FOB's decide to disarm their nukes. This will NEVER happen but a cutscene has been found for it if it ever happens
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4uSkAACoHc

Thanks you for this!

Also, I posted a while back on how annoying Quiet is when on missions, she repeats this bloody humming / singing constantly on loop it's dreadfully annoying so not sure why anybody would want to play the tape to hear it whens she is not choose as the buddy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thanks you for this!

Also, I posted a while back on how annoying Quiet is when on missions, she repeats this bloody humming / singing constantly on loop it's dreadfully annoying so not sure why anybody would want to play the tape to hear it whens she is not choose as the buddy

Honestly, after finishing the Wandering Base stuff, I've just been going around with a blue sniper rifle sniping random guard posts while playing the Quiet theme on the walkman (actual song, not the humming). Quiet Spoiler =
    I miss Quiet :(

Me too. For a while after mission 45 I had the humming tape on a loop because I got so used to it over the previous 60 odd hours of gameplay.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Honestly, after finishing the Wandering Base stuff, I've just been going around with a blue sniper rifle sniping random guard posts while playing the Quiet theme on the walkman (actual song, not the humming).

Oh no I read your spoiler.....

I won't ask why :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah Fultoning a container and riding it back is awesome. I remember they mentioned it on one of the gameplay videos before release, so tried it in the game. Didn't notice the prompt to hold the fulton though and ended up falling off, thought you just had to be on top of the container.

I usually leave one container behind until I clear an outpost or complete a mission, then ride it to sweet, instant freedom.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Oh no I read your spoiler.....

I won't ask why :(

Shyte, edited my post and described the spoiler now that it's about Quiet. It's all right I swear, it's all .....alright.

In other news I took a f*cking awesome screenshot that I can post here for spoiler reasons but it's of....Ending spoiler info =
    Sitting in the helicopter, I was zooming around looking for things and then I spot my avatar in my window reflection.
    Not sure if this only happens after clearing mission 46 or not. If it happens from the start of the game, then that is a ballsy move!

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah Fultoning a container and riding it back is awesome. .

I wish I knew that 50 hours ago!! well, since unlocking the container fulton upgrade at least.

• Advertisement

Shyte, edited my post and described the spoiler now that it's about Quiet. It's all right I swear, it's all .....alright.

In other news I took a f*cking awesome screenshot that I can post here for spoiler reasons but it's of....Ending spoiler info =
    Sitting in the helicopter, I was zooming around looking for things and then I spot my avatar in my window reflection.
    Not sure if this only happens after clearing mission 46 or not. If it happens from the start of the game, then that is a ballsy move!
    Post it as a link or an attachment?

EDIT: Like the slightly spoilery attachment below.

Advertisement