Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I wish I knew that 50 hours ago!! well, since unlocking the container fulton upgrade at least.

How do you do it exactly? I tried it yesterday but couldnt jump on the container before it left. Its there a trick to it or should i just be quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Evade wrote: »
    Post it as a link or an attachment?

EDIT: Like the slightly spoilery attachment below.

It's on my PS4 so will post a link here tonight, really class easter egg. Not like that pic you posted though, how did you get that? My one is
    only in the window reflection and I only copped it as my avatar is buzzcut with black eye paint so big difference between him and Snake so he stood out
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How do you do it exactly? I tried it yesterday but couldnt jump on the container before it left. Its there a trick to it or should i just be quicker

I haven't tried it yet, Penn might be able to answer that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Climb on top of the container before attaching the fulton device and once the balloon deploys you'll get a button prompt to hold on.

It's on my PS4 so will post a link here tonight, really class easter egg. Not like that pic you posted though, how did you get that? My one is
    only in the window reflection and I only copped it as my avatar is buzzcut with black eye paint so big difference between him and Snake so he stood out
    You mean using the custom character? You just select it from the deployment screen, like you'd select one of the combat team, once you've done mission 46.

You mean using the custom character? You just select it from the deployment screen, like you'd select one of the combat team, once you've done mission 46.

Ah okay, cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Like Evade said, climb on top of the container first, then attach the fulton on top of it. Don't move, and another prompt to hold the action button will appear which lets you hold on to the fulton device and when the container shoots up into the air, you'll stay on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Honestly, after finishing the Wandering Base stuff, I've just been going around with a blue sniper rifle sniping random guard posts while playing the Quiet theme on the walkman (actual song, not the humming). Quiet Spoiler =
    I miss Quiet :(

You'll notice that anyone you save from the wandering base staff or prisoners etc, all get a service cross medal. This is a massive boost to their stats. If you then play as them and S rank 3 missions (or send them on a ton of dispatch missions), they get a distinguished service medal, further boosting the stats. It will easily bring A++ to S rank, and S rank to S+.
    Quick way to mine the second medal - play C2W. Set drop zone as the hot point in the middle of the outpost, and use the gatling gun on the heli to take out the 3 comms devices. Mission done in under 1m40. :pac:
    Penn wrote: »
    Like Evade said, climb on top of the container first, then attach the fulton on top of it. Don't move, and another prompt to hold the action button will appear which lets you hold on to the fulton device and when the container shoots up into the air, you'll stay on it.

If you're using the wormhole fulton, you can't fall off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

There's thinking outside the box, and then there's this!
    (Episode 5 spoiler.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

The game is padded, has barely got a part two that can be called the name, has an embarrassing character, design and helicopter behaviour in Quiet and is the last Metal Gear Solid that Hideo Kojima will make. This all bears sober reflection. The game's name is protecting it very heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rolled my eyes at all the Quiet outrage pre-release but Christ, it really is cringey watching it in-game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Have to try think about it positively. At least it's triggering all the crazy feminists :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

The game is padded, has barely got a part two that can be called the name, has an embarrassing character, design and helicopter behaviour in Quiet and is the last Metal Gear Solid that Hideo Kojima will make. This all bears sober reflection. The game's name is protecting it very heavily.

I only reached mission 31 today, so I dont know about part two. The game is padded alright, but Im ok with that as it gives me loads to do, and I feel like I'm getting my monies worth. I'v had it since launch day and am enjoying the slow digestion.

I dont agree with embarrassing character, are you talking about Snake?

Design and helicopter behaviour in Quiet. Ok, you need to re-word this to make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Have to try think about it positively. At least it's triggering all the crazy feminists :pac:

I honestly don't understand why one would waste such time being offended over something like that to be honest - as if it was their f***ing calling or something - they were destined to apprehend offensive sh*t. What does it achieve? Piece of mind for the offended? Give over and don't look at it then! Loads of things offend me but I don't go out my way to stop it.

I'm awfully cranky tonight. :mad:

:pac::pac:

The real irony of the Quiet outrage is it's focused almost entirely on her appearance and not on her character or actions which we're always told are supposed to be more important.

That and if she had slutwalk scrawled across her stomach it would be empowering.

Quiet is one of the best gaming characters of the year. Feel bad for anyone who can't get past the boobs. Hmmmmmm hmm hmmmmm hmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Anyone who has played any MGS games will know that behind the "ooh matron" nonsense that is the physical appearance of female characters in the series MGS has always had strong female characters which have never been there as simple eye candy.
    The Boss is somewhat outside of the norm for the series but it's hard to think of another games series that would have had a female character with such overwhelming power over big tough military stereotypes.
    Quiet is easy on the eye but so what? I've heard plenty of female gamers say they enjoyed looking at snakes arse in the tanker chapter of mgs2. There are some people in the world who will be offended by anything, leave them at it.

Glazers Out!

Attached pic is a possible story spoiler / easter egg. Don't look unless you finished Mission 46.
    I saw the reflection of the medic (my avatar) in the chopper window. Check it out yourself, just hold r2 (zoom) while pointing the camera at the window.

nullzero wrote: »
    The Boss is somewhat outside of the norm for the series but it's hard to think of another games series that would have had a female character with such overwhelming power over big tough military stereotypes.
    Meryl and even Mei Ling, to a certain extent, in MGS 4 were in similar positions to the Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Attached pic is a possible story spoiler / easter egg. Don't look unless you finished Mission 46.
    I saw the reflection of the medic (my avatar) in the chopper window. Check it out yourself, just hold r2 (zoom) while pointing the camera at the window.

I wonder does that only appear after you've completed the main story. Would be pretty cool if that has been staring me in the face since the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Meryl and even Mei Ling, to a certain extent, in MGS 4 were in similar positions to the Boss.

Neither fulfilled the matriarch role, the Boss was set up as the hero of pretty much the entire series.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Neither fulfilled the matriarch role, the Boss was set up as the hero of pretty much the entire series.
    They're not the Boss by any stretch but they were in senior leadership positions and two of the very few remaining capable soldiers towards the end of MGS4.

I wonder does that only appear after you've completed the main story. Would be pretty cool if that has been staring me in the face since the start.

Yeah, you can't really ask anyone to try
    in case it wrecks the ending for them.

Would like to know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

So i just unlocked f.o.b. is there any point to having mortars aa guns and machine gun emplacents in my resources ? They dont strike me as having any benefit to defending it .Might just sell the lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Another player used a mortar against me in FOB. It's situational but the A.I can also use it to put pressure on just any ole noobs who try to brute it into the core.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just finished mission 26 and had the joy of dealing with the
    disease outbreak. Jesus going through that list was tedious, and it decreased my staff levels quite badly. I'm going to try and push on as quickly as I can to get the outbreak sorted before a lot of people die. Its a crap game mechanic though, at least allow me to sort by language so I can quarantine the lads faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone who has played any MGS games will know that behind the "ooh matron" nonsense that is the physical appearance of female characters in the series MGS has always had strong female characters which have never been there as simple eye candy.
    Quiet is easy on the eye but so what? I've heard plenty of female gamers say they enjoyed looking at snakes arse in the tanker chapter of mgs2. There are some people in the world who will be offended by anything, leave them at it.

The problem is that's it's just so over the top and so unnecessary. Sexy female character? Sure, why not. Somewhat scantily dressed? Fine.

But to be in the ACC, close your iDroid and see Quiet, in tights and a thong, doing what is generally referred to on the Discovery Channel as "presenting" herself, is just bullsh*t and is the sort of stuff that makes me feel embarrassed to be playing a video game.

I did too many side missions last night, and when I went back to MotherBase
    I ended up showering with Quiet. Why? It's just so f*cking unnecessary and is only there for adolescent titillation.
    There's another scene where if your bond is maxed with Quiet
    if you return to Mother Base when it's raining, she takes off her tights and you and her play in the rain. That I get. That makes sense in terms of story and the bond between the characters.

Kojima was much better at getting the balance right in MGS3. Eva used her sexuality and flirting with BB as part of the mission, but also genuine feelings towards him. The Boss opened her suit to show off her scar, a representation of being open with BB.

Quiet is literally just wiggling her arse and tits in your face at every given moment for no real reason, apart from the obvious reason of "Tee-hee-hee"

• Just finished mission 26 and had the joy of dealing with the
    disease outbreak. Jesus going through that list was tedious, and it decreased my staff levels quite badly. I'm going to try and push on as quickly as I can to get the outbreak sorted before a lot of people die. Its a crap game mechanic though, at least allow me to sort by language so I can quarantine the lads faster.

I'm on that bit and I really couldn't be arsed, I'm just belting-on in the hopes that a main mission sorts it out
    BTW would it be any harm having a spoiler thread at this stage?
    IE a discussion on the end-game. Just a suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Yeah, Quiet isn't "empowering" or whatever.

She's there as **** fodder for otaku and 15 year olds. This game is anime as hell and every anime usually has a character that fits that bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm on that bit and I really couldn't be arsed, I'm just belting-on in the hopes that a main mission sorts it out

I did the same, wasn't even sure what they wanted me to do exactly so I just ploughed on with the main story to sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wouldn't say no to that thread existing.

Advertisement