Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be clear, since there often seems to be some confusion on this: criticising / rolling one's eyes at something ≠ outrage, disgust, offense etc...

I'm sure there are some people out there 'outraged' by the representation of Quiet in the game, but for the most part the negative response is more along the lines of 'well, that's a bit silly, isn't it?' Because it is preposterous - the way the camera ogles her, the inherent absurdity of her outfit (or lack thereof), the tonal and logistical weirdness her pronounced physical presence adds to any scene, regardless of the context. That Kojima makes a ham-fisted attempt at 'explaining' what is above all else, simple, unapologetic hypersexualisation makes it, if anything, even more preposterous (although I'm not far enough in the game to comment on what happens in relation to her story arc or characterisation later on). Not to mention that one of her other defining characteristics, at least early on, is her inability to talk for herself, which if anything only prompts Kojima to move the camera in for even more cleavage close-ups.

As Aoife Wilson succinctly concluded in her decidedly non-outraged post on the subject:
    So, as per Kojima's original statement, should we be ashamed of our words and deeds regarding the knee-jerk reaction to Quiet's unveiling - and the Quiet action figure with the squeezable Tits that followed? Well, no, and I've seen nothing to suggest that we should. I can't see how Quiet's nakedness serves any other purpose than to provide **** fodder, and I don't see how she's an 'antithesis' to other women in gaming who have been excessively exposed. And that's fine; if you want to lust after big wobbling digital Tits, you go forth and be the best you you can be. But let's not pretend it's anything grander than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I sold this to CEX for 50 cash which means I only payed 15 for one of the best games of the year. I would have been happy to keep onto it to give MGO a go but needed the money for NBA and not sure how much more use I'd get out of it.

I have a Day One edition code for Online goodies on PS4 when it releases. If anyone doesn't have the Day One Edition on PS4 and interested in the code, reply here. 1st post will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yes please

Yes please

PM sent now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Badly stuck on mission 29 where you
    fight the skulls

Anyone any tips, im not that tooled up and it seems i also can't customize guns anymore?

Im well passed the side ops where you extract that
    legendary gunsmith 3x
    and i was able to customize a while back, im thinking i lost him to the
    sickness

Any help?

• Advertisement

fight the skulls

Anyone any tips, im not that tooled up and it seems i also can't customize guns anymore?

legendary gunsmith 3x
    sickness

Any help?

Use the
    D-Walker as your buddy, he will be placed beside the chopper near you. Hop on that, switch to gatling gun (if you don't have gatling gun, develop it and assign it to the D-Walker first) Then circle around lacing the skulls and avoiding there melee attacks.

If it gets destroyed, look for the AA gun placements around the airfield, these tear through the skulls. The regular machine gun ploacements work well as well.
    That's how I beat them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

fight the skulls

legendary gunsmith 3x
    sickness

Any help?
    The best tactic is to concentrate on one at a time. Knock out their armour and then get in some headshots. As for loadouts, the heavy combat suit is almost essential and if you have the Boss' bandanna that can help too. Resupply flares will mean you don't have to waste time messing with the iDroid in the middle of the battle.

If you have the .50 cal sniper rifles (it's do-able with other sniper rifles too) for Snake and Quiet you can get up on the hanger in front of the crashed helicopter, there's a ladder at the back right corner, and snipe at them and you'll only have to worry about rocks sprouting from the ground or one of them doing that teleport jump attack.

D-Walker's minigun can make short work of them if it's been upgraded but I find him a little fragile.

I found most of these out redoing the mission. The first time I did it I had a light machine gun and resupply flares and Quiet with her second sniper rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

fight the skulls

legendary gunsmith 3x
    sickness

Any help?

I found this very easy to be honest. Just
    bring along a decent sniper rifle and pick them off. Shoot one, then move to a new spot as they will all immediately know where you shot from. Shoot another one. Repeat. Where you first spot them there is a small rock outcrop on the ground from what I remember. Just alternate moving from one side of that to the other. eg: Go prone on right side. Shoot one. Move back behind rock to be safe from their shots, then move to left side, shoot, move to right and shoot etc etc. This worked for me and was really easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Thanks for the replys!
    I used the D walker and got it on the first go, just ran around and then riddled each one when the chance came

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On that mission there is a building right in front of you........with a ladder......they cant use ladders....

easy S :cool:

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On that mission there is a building right in front of you........with a ladder......they cant use ladders....

easy S :cool:

Where they're going they don't need ladders....the feckers flew up there when i tried the roof.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Where they're going they don't need ladders....the feckers flew up there when i tried the roof.

i just ran up and killed all 4 fairly easily.

Just did
    mission 45
    so guess im done with it.
    Fairly **** ending tbh.
    86 hours 66% complete

i just ran up and killed all 4 fairly easily.

Just did
    mission 45
    so guess im done with it.
    Fairly **** ending tbh.
    86 hours 66% complete

Mission 46 is the definite ending :) do some more side missions to unlock it.

Only on mission 22 really struggling to care about the game at this point which isn't like me normally I play a game start to finish, with this I'll put it on for a half hour or so, but ffs I must have done that mission 5 times now and keep getting cover blown and destryed as I get close to the captain trying to extract him :mad:

The maddening thing is there is no check point so you lose all the good extraction you've made and have to do them all again.

Only on mission 22 really struggling to care about the game at this point which isn't like me normally I play a game start to finish, with this I'll put it on for a half hour or so, but ffs I must have done that mission 5 times now and keep getting cover blown and destryed as I get close to the captain trying to extract him :mad:

The maddening thing is there is no check point so you lose all the good extraction you've made and have to do them all again.
    Is that the one at the airport? If so
    interfering with any PFs seems to trigger a caution phase which makes it harder. Try to get to the commander without tranqing or knocking out anyone else.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mission 46 is the definite ending :) do some more side missions to unlock it.

I have 134 side ops done :confused:

Evade wrote: »
    Is that the one at the airport? If so
    interfering with any PFs seems to trigger a caution phase which makes it harder. Try to get to the commander without tranqing or knocking out anyone else.

No it's on mother base
    some rebels have invaded it

No it's on mother base
    some rebels have invaded it
    That one can be a bit annoying alright. I ended up running through half of it on alert.

I have 134 side ops done :confused:

Hmm well you have to have all yellow side ops completed, all main missions done (you don't have to have 45 or any of the difficulty modifier ones done). Listen to all yellow tapes (just play them and til it becomes unmarked and go to the next. You also have to have MB at a certain level but no one seems to have a definite answer. I had all platforms on 2 levels with some on 3 or 4.

Then doing after finishing random side op, i got called back to MB for mission 46.

All available side ops done, yellow ones all done. Base is has 2 on 3/4 and all others 4/4, tapes is the only thing im missing.

Also anyone what sideops are 131 to 14somfin? 11 missing from my list.

• Advertisement

126 to 140 are
    Extract Wandering Puppets

141 is
    Extract the AI Pod

142 is
    Secure the Remains of the Man on Fire

143 to 147 are
    Search for the Escaped Children

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Yeah, I got frustrated at that one as well. What I did...
    Do you have a silencer on your snooze sniper rifle? Theres three or four guys with the captain on the rooftop. At the very start, try and tranq them all from a distance, makes it much easier, as once you reach the final platform all you have to do is climb to the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads does anyone know where this is cheapest in a b & m shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know where this is cheapest in a b & m shop?

Argos most likely, or Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

Just started this - only Mission 5 or so and I've a few quick questions if you wouldn't mind...

I assume you cannot save the progress of a mission?

If I go into a mission and grab a load of guys for my base and leave to the chopper, can I save this, and re-enter the mission and still hold onto the guys if I die?

I have 30 guys on motherbase, all auto assigned to areas, but no details are coming up for most of them regarding their abilities and when I try to upgrade, I need 7 guys in R&D but I've assigned 15 but they are not showing as valid RnD guys?

Loving the game, but its a steep learning curve...!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just started this - only Mission 5 or so and I've a few quick questions if you wouldn't mind...

I assume you cannot save the progress of a mission? - The game autosaves at various checkpoints, like when you reach a new outpost. If your console/PC turned off and you restarted the game, you'd restart at the previous checkpoint.

If I go into a mission and grab a load of guys for my base and leave to the chopper, can I save this, and re-enter the mission and still hold onto the guys if I die? - Yup. Once the guys are extracted (As in "Extraction arrived at Mother Base"), the game usually autosaves (yellow spinning circle in top right corner). Once that's done, they're yours. You can leave via chopper and restart the mission later, or even die, but those guys will still be yours on Mother Base. However if you restart the mission, they'll have been replaced with other enemy guards in the enemy outpost.

I have 30 guys on motherbase, all auto assigned to areas, but no details are coming up for most of them regarding their abilities and when I try to upgrade, I need 7 guys in R&D but I've assigned 15 but they are not showing as valid RnD guys? - I think you need to have unlocked an upgrade for your binoculars to be able to see their abilities. Either way, it's doubtful you need to assign 7 guys to R&D, I'd say you're more likely talking about trying to get your R&D level to Lvl.7. Even with 30 staff assigned to R&D, if they don't have good R&D stats, the level of your R&D department won't rise. This early into the game, better off doing a few more missions and side missions, fultoning everything you can, and just auto-assign staff. The levels will rise as they may.

Loving the game, but its a steep learning curve...!

Thanks!

Comments in red

If I go into a mission and grab a load of guys for my base and leave to the chopper, can I save this, and re-enter the mission and still hold onto the guys if I die?
    If you leave the mission area you'll have to start at the beginning of the mission again.
    I have 30 guys on motherbase, all auto assigned to areas, but no details are coming up for most of them regarding their abilities and when I try to upgrade, I need 7 guys in R&D but I've assigned 15 but they are not showing as valid RnD guys?
    The number required for developing stuff is the level of the unit not the number of people in it. The higher a unit members skill is the more it raises the unit level. Just leave it on auto assign, there's rarely any reason to have to manually assign unit members.

Penn wrote: »
    Comments in red

Many thanks for the help - much appreciated. You are right, the one upgrade I am trying to get is the scope upgrade to see abilities, so I just keep doing missions, and the level will rise when I grab more and more guys?

I don't need to do anything? The game will level me up to new items and upgrades after acquiring more guys and materials with auto assigned to areas set on?

Thanks!

Evade wrote: »
    If you leave the mission area you'll have to start at the beginning of the mission again.

The number required for developing stuff is the level of the unit not the number of people in it. The higher a unit members skill is the more it raises the unit level. Just leave it on auto assign, there's rarely any reason to have to manually assign unit members.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Many thanks for the help - much appreciated. You are right, the one upgrade I am trying to get is the scope upgrade to see abilities, so I just keep doing missions, and the level will rise when I grab more and more guys?

I don't need to do anything? The game will level me up to new items and upgrades after acquiring more guys and materials with auto assigned to areas set on?

Thanks!

You will eventually get that time anyway so don't worry. Early in the game Fulton everyone anyway as you need the people

Advertisement