Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man some of the later Eliminate the Armoured Tanks/vehicles missions are a pain in the jacksy. Armoured helicopters that take about 4 missiles to take down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Penn wrote: »
    Man some of the later Eliminate the Armoured Tanks/vehicles missions are a pain in the jacksy. Armoured helicopters that take about 4 missiles to take down

Upgrade your GCM launcher, I think its called that, 1 hit brings down a gunship.

And as they are side ops and your not graded you could make it a lot easier on yourself with the stealth camo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

A hit on the cockpit glass is usually a one hit kill too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Out of curiousity, are higher ranked enemy soliders tougher when you come across them or does it matter? Can't say I'm noticing a difference between an A enemy and an E enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Best thing I've found to do is to Fulton everything then call in your support chopper to take care of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Brennan Sniper rifle can take them in one shot if you hit the pilot.

Found no difference between an A++ guy and an E.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

faceman wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, are higher ranked enemy soliders tougher when you come across them or does it matter? Can't say I'm noticing a difference between an A enemy and an E enemy.

I don't think so. Later enemies will have head to toe armour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

can you steal a helo?

can you steal a helo?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

How do you get mission 43?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭BKtje

Mine unlocked after doing a couple of the rescue the old motherbase members side ops. Dunno if it was related.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've fultoned a crap load of vehicles/tanks. Can I sell them all or do I need to keep a few for the Combat Deployment missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I've fultoned a crap load of vehicles/tanks. Can I sell them all or do I need to keep a few for the Combat Deployment missions?

In some combat deployments when you send out a squad to do a mission they will need a truck so keep one for that. There is at least one essential mission they need one for.

After that just keep one of each to mess about with yourself. You can try replaying some missions in a T72 tank for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im on the look out for one of those apc's with the big gun onnit - for a combat mission as above

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If you have a to face a sniper for a 2nd time.....tank is always handy for the easy S.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Yeah sounds like this game isn't for you which Is a shame cos it's a great game. What kind of games do you like?

I'm still going to keep at it as some of my favourite games ever have been Metal Gear games (1 and 3 particularly.)
    I give all types of games a try, I wouldn't say there's a particular type that I don't like - I used to say I wasn't fond of RPGs but Bloodborne is my favourite game on PS4 so far.
    I am enjoying the core gameplay of MGSV - I'm just waiting to be grabbed I think.

Sorry to ask again but can anyone answer the regarding the mission ranks please?
    Few questions: is there any point in aiming for high mission ranks? I've been getting mostly B's and C's. When I try for the super stealthy approach for the high ranks I nearly always screw up near the end and descend into a firefight. Is there any real incentive to avoid this or retry for better ranks? (other than personal satisfaction?)

There's no real benefit to getting S ranks besides getting a little bit more GMP and heroism after the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Evade wrote: »
    There's no real benefit to getting S ranks besides getting a little bit more GMP and heroism after the mission.

Nice one, thanks for that. Going to take the lethal option more often now.
    Was feeling a bit guilty for slaughtering everyone :D

There's another reason not to go on killing sprees.

Slight game mechanic
    There's a hidden demon score that reflects how much of a bastard you are. It has an effect your appearance and it's pretty hard to undo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

S ranks are mainly based on speed anyway from what I can see, so lethal over kill is generally the fastest way to finish a mission. You can do stealth, no kills, no alerts and no reflex and still not get an S if you take an hour to do it.

So much for the MGS stealth style gameplay of old.

S ranks are mainly based on speed anyway from what I can see, so lethal over kill is generally the fastest way to finish a mission. You can do stealth, no kills, no alerts and no reflex and still not get an S if you take an hour to do it.

So much for the MGS stealth style gameplay of old.

As has been said before, S ranks are mainly based on total stealth (huge points bonus for that) and completing secondary missions tasks. Sure, you'll lose points if you take way too long with a mission, and you'll gain points for being quick, but total stealth and secondary objectives carry the most points. I haven't rushed through any missions but the ones I've gotten S ranks for were usually ones I had the perfect stealth reward for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, I think I've finished the main story, been seriously trying to avoid spoilers, so I had avoided this thread.
    What the hell was that?

Ok, I don't hate the twist, but it just leaves it at that? Eli and a bunch of kids just run off with the Metal Gear and there's nothing more said of that? The heck? Also, what's the point of half the missions in the latter part of the game being earlier missions on a harder difficulty? I've done a couple, but didn't bother with much of them. Is there a point to doing them? Quiet's gone now...

Links234 wrote: »
    So, I think I've finished the main story, been seriously trying to avoid spoilers, so I had avoided this thread.
    What the hell was that?

Ok, I don't hate the twist, but it just leaves it at that? Eli and a bunch of kids just run off with the Metal Gear and there's nothing more said of that? The heck? Also, what's the point of half the missions in the latter part of the game being earlier missions on a harder difficulty? I've done a couple, but didn't bother with much of them. Is there a point to doing them? Quiet's gone now...
    The third chapter, Kingdom of the Flies, was cut that's why the Eli thread was left dangling. There's storyboards and concept art for it on the collectors edition bonus disc or Youtube. There's no real point in doing the remix missions unless you're going for trophies / achievements. The only one kind of worth doing is the Quiet battle to get the Sniper Wolf uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I had a right disaster fultoning an enemy. I was climbing up a watch tower ladder to knock out a soldier in the top of the tower so I could extract him. However, I was spotted by an enemy soldier who raised the alarm when he saw me climbing the ladder.

I climbed up to the top of the ladder, knocked out the soldier and attached the fulton device hoping the balloon with the soldier attached would break through the roof of the watch tower. Well it's safe to say that didn't happen and the extraction failed, so I had to jump out of the tower carrying the soldier. By that time the enemies were firing at me so I called the helicopter so I could extract the soldier that way

So I was running and carrying a soldier while still being fired upon. Anyway the helicopter arrived and I couldn't put the soldier into the helicopter. He was already dead.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I enjoy listening to most of the tapes, but
    the Code talker and his research series of tapes are just the worst load of ****e Iv ever heard. Absolute awful boring rubbish, couldn't pay attention to it.

the Code talker and his research series of tapes are just the worst load of ****e Iv ever heard. Absolute awful boring rubbish, couldn't pay attention to it.

In fairness, it's why I'm glad most of the exposition sh*te that normally takes place in cutscenes or codec calls was switched to the tape function instead. Some of the tapes are good, but some of them are absolute drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Code Talker, Kaz and the Hamburger is pretty entertaining though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

In fairness, it's why I'm glad most of the exposition sh*te that normally takes place in cutscenes or codec calls was switched to the tape function instead. Some of the tapes are good, but some of them are absolute drivel.

I would've prefered a mix of both, there was quite a few fairly essential plot related things thrown into the casettes that would've been much better served being placed into cutscenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The real issue was actually the codec or 'call' feature. I came across my first fully-armoured soldier and wanted to know if there was armour-piercing bullets or any strategies to consider fighting them. And what would any MGS player do than consult the codec?

Mark and look at through binoculars > CALL

"There are goats nearby."

Rubbish.

Advertisement