Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I'm at the same stage myself. Not that fussed with MGO either though will likely give it a try. But to be honest I've spent too much time on the game so far already that I'm actually enjoying doing other things, like rewatching Breaking Bad.

I'm gonna move onto other games, I'd like to finish The Evil Within and The Witcher, got pretty far into both of them before MGSV came out. Currently playing The Red Solstice though, which is pretty cool so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm gonna move onto other games, I'd like to finish The Evil Within and The Witcher, got pretty far into both of them before MGSV came out. Currently playing The Red Solstice though, which is pretty cool so far.

Same. Moving on. I have access to The Red Solstice through family sharing so I might check it out now.

MGO will bring me back, probably. Dat PC delay

I'll probably have absolutely no staff or resources left the next time I log in for not defending my base. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

tok9 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried MGO?

I want to hear about it since I can't play it :(

Yet to be able to join a game.

Reminds me of the needlessly awkward original MGO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I've played a few rounds on PS4. It's pretty similar to the last one except for regenerating health and a lot more ammo. Connections seem pretty good too, with the odd exception which is probably someone half way around the world from the host.

I couldn't connect via automatic join I had to go to the match browser and select from there.

I have access to The Red Solstice through family sharing so I might check it out now.

I'm playing through the singleplayer campaign, then I'll be giving the multiplayer a try after that. May have to give you a shout, haven't been doing any multiplayer since I gave Payday 2 a break. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man, seeing reports that most of your stuff (such as tanks, mortars etc) have been taken and moved to your online FOB, meaning you can't sell them for GMP, and they can be stolen in FOB invasions, thereby increasing the need to purchase the insurance using MB coins paid for by real money.

If this is true... wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The FOB stuff really isn't that big of a deal.

You get more platforms to hold more staff and increase your level.

A person can invade only once every 24 hours. Even if they took all your staff, you'd have that back after doing a side op or something.

The benefits far outweigh the cons.

Also, it was only when I started invading that I actually got invaded. Prior to that I didn't get invaded once in over 100 hours of the game.

I think I might be in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

tok9 wrote: »
    Also, it was only when I started invading that I actually got invaded. Prior to that I didn't get invaded once in over 100 hours of the game.

Yea I'm similar - must be a sort of opt in system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Man, seeing reports that most of your stuff (such as tanks, mortars etc) have been taken and moved to your online FOB, meaning you can't sell them for GMP, and they can be stolen in FOB invasions, thereby increasing the need to purchase the insurance using MB coins paid for by real money.

If this is true... wow.

It even seems some processed material is located on your FOB. I just developed my final platform on mother base. I'll develop and dismantle a nuke, then I think I'm done.

Also buying materials using your PF points seems to have decreased in amount, an lo an behold the return on the fuel resource is the scabbiest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Wossack wrote: »
    Yea I'm similar - must be a sort of opt in system

The matches you see for FOB invasions are drawn from the same PF rank, so if you've done nothing to try improve your rankings then your base won't be shown to anyone actually invading. At least thats my understanding of it

• Registered Users Posts: 33 adamshare01

Is this just the prologue bit? The asking price is a bit steep for the prologue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just read the Eva dlc costume can be unzipped to give a tactical advantage. What is wrong with the people who came up with that and the people who ok'd it.

rizzla wrote: »
    Just read the Eva dlc costume can be unzipped to give a tactical advantage. What is wrong with the people who came up with that and the people who ok'd it.
    Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Now now. This is a Christian game. Zip that bodysuit up young lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

rizzla wrote: »

As I posted yesterday...

https://twitter.com/Diarmuid_S/status/651413325683781632

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Sorry but where do I set up my FOB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

believe its the only thing you can do when you get to a certain point, so no fear of missing it.. just mightnt have gotten to the story mission that unlocks em

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Evade wrote: »

I think I might be in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    sponge bob gif

I thought you traded it in?

We don't take kindly to your types in here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought you traded it in?

We don't take kindly to your types in here :pac:

Just like Konami traded in Kojima......the memory remains.......Snaaaaaaaaakkkkeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

weiland79 wrote: »
    Sorry but where do I set up my FOB?

You set it up on the idriod when you finish mission 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi all,

I downloaded MGSO yesterday but did not play it.

I did a bit of tank farming to gain a lot of hardware to sell later if needed.

I must have secured 14 tanks but when I loaded up this morning I see only 2!! - with a greyed out 24 beside a global marker.

Am I open to theft from other players online or where has all my tanks gone?!!

Thanks!

sticker wrote: »
    Hi all,

I downloaded MGSO yesterday but did not play it.

I did a bit of tank farming to gain a lot of hardware to sell later if needed.

I must have secured 14 tanks but when I loaded up this morning I see only 2!! - with a greyed out 24 beside a global marker.

Am I open to theft from other players online or where has all my tanks gone?!!

Thanks!

Apparently the resources system has changed as part of Tuesday's update. Now you can only sell off a small amount of tanks etc at a time, while the rest are held as part of your FOB. If you sold the 2 tanks you have now, 2 tanks will be taken from your FOB later (not sure how long you have to wait) and then you can sell those.

What's the reason for it? Who the f*ck knows. It's a completely ridiculous and unnecessary change which does nothing more than slow down progress in single player.

Apparently the resources system has changed as part of Tuesday's update. Now you can only sell off a small amount of tanks etc at a time, while the rest are held as part of your FOB. If you sold the 2 tanks you have now, 2 tanks will be taken from your FOB later (not sure how long you have to wait) and then you can sell those.

What's the reason for it? Who the f*ck knows. It's a completely ridiculous and unnecessary change which does nothing more than slow down progress in single player.

Thanks - when do I get to see my FOB?

Can the FOB be raided by online players or do I have a choice whether to play offline without this risk?

Thanks - when do I get to see my FOB?

Can the FOB be raided by online players or do I have a choice whether to play offline without this risk?

You set up an FOB after a certain mission, think it's Mission 23 or something like that. Don't worry, you won't miss it, it pretty much forces you to do it. I think if you don't invade other people's FOBs, no one will invade yours, so you can pretty much keep it offline.

You set up an FOB after a certain mission, think it's Mission 23 or something like that. Don't worry, you won't miss it, it pretty much forces you to do it. I think if you don't invade other people's FOBs, no one will invade yours, so you can pretty much keep it offline.

Thanks!

I see in some online notes it is a good idea to sell resources collected to gain some cash if running low. But are these not required for building new Motherbase infrastructure?

Thanks!

I see in some online notes it is a good idea to sell resources collected to gain some cash if running low. But are these not required for building new Motherbase infrastructure?

Thanks!
    You do need them to build up mother base but the only resource I was ever short of is fuel. You should be able to sell off some of all the others without missing them.

If you can fulton vehicles, tanks are worth around 100,000 GMP depending on the type.

• Advertisement

The plants you gather can also fetch some decent cash.

Advertisement