Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi,

I just opened the FOB area of the game. It look quite involved an area with insurances, security etc.

Anyone any basic tips for this? Can it be automated or do I need to plough a lot of time into this?

I assume if I do not invade another player, my FOB will not be invaded?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Right I've done more than enough missions with Quiet and I'm deffo of the conclusions she's useless.

Jesus F**king Christ...

I get to FOB an hour ago (do nothing with it) and after leaving the game, return just now to be 350,000 in the red...? I was close to a 1,000,000 before.

Have I been mugged? This is utter sh**e if this game punishes you like this...

Any ideas on how I can check what happened?

Whats the point of FOB anyway - loved the game to this point. I've ZERO interest in an online pillaging from other players, just want to play through the single player campaign...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sticker wrote: »
    Jesus F**king Christ...

I get to FOB an hour ago (do nothing with it) and after leaving the game, return just now to be 350,000 in the red...? I was close to a 1,000,000 before.

Whats the point of FOB anyway - loved the game to this point. I've ZERO interest in an online pillaging from other players, just want to play through the single player campaign...

You have to stay offline in the game options so you won't be raided. Its stupid design alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jesus F**king Christ...

Did you set up security on your FOB? If there was a successful invasion then you pay the security cost...

Go into security settings and see if it says "Defence failed" anywhere.
    You have to stay offline in the game options so you won't be raided. Its stupid design alright.

That's an even worse suggestion, because you'll get a cumulative loss the next time you login.

The best thing to do is just embrace the entire game and play it properly.

• Advertisement

Did you set up security on your FOB? If there was a successful invasion then you pay the security cost...

Go into security settings and see if it says "Defence failed" anywhere.

That's an even worse suggestion, because you'll get a cumulative loss the next time you login.

OK - Fair points.

I have set my defences to highest on all first levels - will this secure items without me needing to babysit this side.

I did some farming and have 17 TT77 tanks in FOB- Can I not sell these?

Maybe I'm missing the point, aside from expanding the size of base resources, whats the point of FOB? Just introducing the facility whereby other players can rob your gear?

Sorry another quick point - Are ALL my resources available to be robbed or just the items on FOB?

How so, if you're not in you can't win or lose anything. Best way to be imo. No point of having any online part shoe horned in any part of a single player game imo. FOB should be part of MGO end of.

I want to be able to fully enjoy a single player game without worry of what people are doing to my stuff online when I want nothing to do with the online side of things.

How so, if you're not in you can't win or lose anything. Best way to be imo. No point of having any online part shoe horned in any part of a single player game imo. FOB should be part of MGO end of.

I want to be able to fully enjoy a single player game without worry of what people are doing to my stuff online when I want nothing to do with the online side of things.

My thoughts exactly... SO is there a way to circumvent this or is it part of the single player missions in the later part of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

faceman wrote: »
    Right I've done more than enough missions with Quiet and I'm deffo of the conclusions she's useless.

You're doing it wrong... send her to scout or attack the base. She's overpowered if anything.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You're doing it wrong... send her to scout or attack the base. She's overpowered if anything.

Ridiculously overpowered, once she scouts an area you know pretty much every enemies location before you arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

faceman wrote: »

You take that back *shakes first vigorously*

Upgrade her weapon to either tranq or silenced to help. Have her Scout any village on your path. The loud sniper can even help. I had her shoot a guard minding prisoners but i forgot she didn't have a silencer. Every enemy in my way turned to look for her and i was able to get in abdominal rescue the prisoner. S rank all thanks to her. ...hhhhmmm hmm hmmmmm hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ridiculously overpowered, once she scouts an area you know pretty much every enemies location before you arrive.
    And sometimes she leaves supplies for you after scouting large camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Get her upgraded and she is seriously OP.

Have went stealing whilst she took care of everything......tanks included....yes when her rifle is upgraded she can shoot and kill tanks.

So can you with the Brennan one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'll have to agree with faceman on this one... she's just way too encumbersome and slow. She doesn't provide what you'd expect she'd provide.

She doesn't mark enemies in any logical sequence. But worst of all she's a terrible shot! I can aim better than her. If the enemy is wearing a helmet she will shoot that instead of their face/neck. How come I can shoot these areas but this super human sniper cannot?

Once she actually shot me because I told her to take aim on an enemy I was closing in on... I thought they might turn around and see me and given that they were holding a shotgun that would've put me in a life-threatening situation. So I told her to take aim just in case he did see me while I snuck up on him. I grab him in a CQC hold and what does she do? Shoot me in the back and cause me to lose half health.

Her rate of fire is also slow as a snail. I can snap between targets and take a whole squad out in a few seconds if I don't miss any shots (mouse aiming yay). Quiet will shoot one, wait too long for the next shot and by then everyone is behind cover, calling in alerts, shooting mortars, blind firing at her general location (and landing shots) to the point where the whole situation has become counter productive. You'd have had a better time lobbing in a few grenades, calling air support or outright just firing at them with an LMG.

Also you cannot issue commands to her while you're using someone as a human shield and firing your secondary. It's a specific siutation but it's one where sniper cover could use some prioritisation (like shield users closing distance on you). This is more of a problem with the game's control scheme and rediculous lack of custom hotkeys and macros I guess. I can pretty reliably shoot shield users in the eyes through the viewer on their shield at this point. I got two in a row last night from a huge distance with a sniper rifle through scope. Quiet just shoots the armour of the shield!

And I'm not trying to brag or anything... I'm actually pretty terrible at aiming if you consider the meta some people have down. At best I'm above average just because I set custom sensitivties to suit me. So the fact that I'm better than a literal aim-bot partner means they really dropped the ball with her. She's awful no two-ways about it.

The only time I ever appreciated her was the missions with the kids
    as enemies
    . Give her a tranq rifle and tell her to cover you. Mission became... child's play?

Again upgrade the rifle and helmet means **** all.

And use the Cover Me command.....

Actually you know you have to get her buddy level to 90+ for her to be useful? Staring at her tits in the chopper for 5 minutes will do it.

Fact remains is that I can kill an enemy wearing a helmet with the weakest pistol and she can't without the need for a tank rifle. Also forgot to mention that not being able to tell her exactly where to aim is a problem, too. Maybe I want to wound a soldier so aim for the leg. You can't set custom shot points on the enviornment or anything either. Can't tell her to shoot the tires of a vehicle that's in full-speed. She's wasted potential. Her best feature is simply slow rate of fire auto kill/tranq? Wooh. A new breed of stealth.

Fact remains is that I can kill an enemy wearing a helmet with the weakest pistol and she can't without the need for a tank rifle. Also forgot to mention that not being able to tell her exactly where to aim is a problem, too. Maybe I want to wound a soldier so aim for the leg. You can't set custom shot points on the enviornment or anything either. Can't tell her to shoot the tires of a vehicle that's in full-speed. She's wasted potential. Her best feature is simply slow rate of fire auto kill/tranq? Wooh. A new breed of stealth.

If you look at someone and say fire she will kill them?

The rest yeah dont think that would work well....injure that chap?

What exactly wouldn't work well? Her being actually useful and doing interesting sniper stuff? And yes injuring instead of killing is pretty useful if you brought her with lethal loadout and spot a soldier you want to extract but have no tranq or don't want to CQC depending on the situation. The possibilities are almost endless if they gave her proper commands.

But most players don't have the imagination to do such things so it's understandable why they didn't put that much time into her
    especially when she's time-limited
    r. D-Dog is better at marking and doing double take-downs in my experience. Quiet is pretty much cover fire if you want to dilute enemy attention but at that point I'd just call in my upgraded helicopter which does more DPS, more health and can redeploy another soon after even if it goes down... and will park for extraction after it's done wiping everyone out. Any complicated long-range shot I'd be better off doing myself.

I did some farming and have 17 TT77 tanks - they've all been automatically dumped in FOB- Can I not sell these? Are these just going to sit unused in FOB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I did some farming and have 17 TT77 tanks - they've all been automatically dumped in FOB- Can I not sell these? Are these just going to sit unused in FOB?

Try disconnecting from online. I dunno if it works but when I went to build my nuke I disconnected because the recent update has you use resources on your FOB to develop one but disconnecting lets you use your offline resources.

I'm also on the side that Quiet is a useless buddy. Got rid of her when I realised I didn't need her to make any mission an easier S Rank (7 left).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You should be able to sell maybe 3 of them. A while later (don't know how long after, maybe half an hour), 3 more should be taken from your FOB and transferred to your general offline stock, so you can then sell those.

It's a big ol' bag o'****e. No idea why they chose to implement that. All it does is hugely slow down progress.

rizzla wrote: »
    Try disconnecting from online. I dunno if it works but when I went to build my nuke I disconnected because the recent update has you use resources on your FOB to develop one but disconnecting lets you use your offline resources.

I'm also on the side that Quiet is a useless buddy. Got rid of her when I realised I didn't need her to make any mission an easier S Rank (7 left).

When you say disconnect - do you mean just unplug the ethernet or is this in game settings?

Agree 100% about quiet... have d-dog as buddy constantly

Penn wrote: »
    You should be able to sell maybe 3 of them. A while later (don't know how long after, maybe half an hour), 3 more should be taken from your FOB and transferred to your general offline stock, so you can then sell those.

It's a big ol' bag o'****e. No idea why they chose to implement that. All it does is hugely slow down progress.

Thanks! Will try that. Why stockpile machinery on fob I wonder? Are they active defences or just warehoused in limbo?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

When you say disconnect - do you mean just unplug the ethernet or is this in game settings?

Agree 100% about quiet... have d-dog as buddy constantly

In game setting.

I still found Quiet to be the best buddy in the game, and I never even unlocked the strongest gun for her, mostly just kept her using the tranq rifle.

-You send her ahead to scout outposts first (this'll make her mark more enemies than just her being at the outpost, where she'll only mark whatever enemies she can see from there).
    -Double-sniping enemies works well with her. Once cleared an outpost of about 10 soldiers with double-snipes.
    -You can make her shoot off an enemies helmet, and then before they can raise an alarm, you tranq them as you then have a clean headshot.
    -She can cover you autonomously.
    -You can use her being spotted as a distraction tactic.
    -She has great health.
    -D-Dog is better at marking as he can do it through walls etc, but Quiet can mark enemies further away.
    -The grenade ricochet can work really well.
    -If you get spotted, she'll shoot who spotted you before they can raise an alarm.

To me, she was definitely the best buddy. Once you sent her to scout an outpost, you didn't even really have to worry about her. You knew she had your back.

Also, whoever designed the target practice side-ops should themselves, be used as target practice.

It's not target practice if the hardest part of the mission is actually finding the f*cking targets.

Penn wrote: »
    Also, whoever designed the target practice side-ops should themselves, be used as target practice.

It's not target practice if the hardest part of the mission is actually finding the f*cking targets.

There are two I can do, the base support and the command centre. Just can't find them after multiple tries. The others were easy though.

There are two I can do, the base support and the command centre. Just can't find them after multiple tries. The others were easy though.

I just watched a video of the command centre one. Apparently you can do it by never even leaving the helipad. I spent almost an hour last night running around the platform like a f*cking gobsh*te looking for the final few of them (which are on the very, very top of the centre structure (which you can't get up to)).

If they implemented something, anything, to allow you to find them (even using the sonar detector), just to give you a general idea of their location, it'd be fine. But being able to see them better with the NVG only helps if you can actually see them in your line of sight. And I am f*cking dreading the R&D platform one. That platform is like a f*cking maze just to get up on top of it, let alone doing target practice on it.

• Advertisement

Yeah the R&D not the support one I ment. I died a few times trying to finish the R&D one taking short cuts but falling to my death in the process. There are about 7-8 targets I can't find on the R&D platform, think I'll have to youtube it. Then unlock the red dot sight for the rubber bullet G3 to make it easier.

Advertisement