Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Interesting the divide re Quiet. I thought I'd be on my own with the dislike for her. I have her using a tranq gun and our bond is over half way but hasn't gone up in the last couple of missions.

Something odd happened on mission 20 when going through the "Devil's House". A body bag moved by itself! Spooky!

Also level 22, the emergency mission. Much to my embassrsment I fell off the platform and died. Is that me screwed now given the warnings Ocelot have if i failed? It's not showing up to be able to do it again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Also I discovered what I thought was a glitch in the game but appears to effect everyone. I had upgraded my helicopter to level 3 but there is no equip option so I assumed it was automatic. Turns out it's not.

If you want to equip your upgraded helicopter and use the additional weapons you have to do it in the Customise screen in the ACC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

faceman wrote: »
    Also I discovered what I thought was a glitch in the game but appears to effect everyone. I had upgraded my helicopter to level 3 but there is no equip option so I assumed it was automatic. Turns out it's not.

If you want to equip your upgraded helicopter and use the additional weapons you have to do it in the Customise screen in the ACC.

No that's not a glitch, it's the same as customising D-Walker or your own weapons. It's annoying alright as everything else can be done else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

If I want to raise the good member of the combat deployment team - which do I add to? > Support or Combat units?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sticker wrote: »
    If I want to raise the good member of the combat deployment team - which do I add to? > Support or Combat units?

Combat. Try using them instead of Snake for side-op missions, and keep sending them out on Combat Deployment missions.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Combat. Try using them instead of Snake for side-op missions, and keep sending them out on Combat Deployment missions.

Never knew they could be used for side-ops!

Is it OK to shuffle guys around - like dumping a lot of guys into combat for a few missions and then using the auto level assign again to level the playing field again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Quiet made Act I a joke. You're never surprised by an enemy and she can clear an outpost no problem in a few minutes by herself. There's no other way to describe that than overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sticker wrote: »
    Never knew they could be used for side-ops!

Is it OK to shuffle guys around - like dumping a lot of guys into combat for a few missions and then using the auto level assign again to level the playing field again?

You can, but honestly you're better off just fultoning everyone you can and levelling up naturally.

Penn wrote: »
    You can, but honestly you're better off just fultoning everyone you can and levelling up naturally.

I've over 500 staff now (playing mission 23+) - mostly A's

But all my combat deployment now for a VIP mission, the opponent has a spec of A++ of 13 and 2 armour.

I have A++ A+ of 10 and 2 armour - so mission success is low.

I was quite happy with the amount of high spec guys I have but this area of the game now id showing very poor odds on most mission to farm out now.

Is this just the game level now?

I'm only at mission 20. I have over 700 staff and it's not worth sending them on missions anymore. The rewards are too low for the losses I am experiencing. I need to send A+ teams off to only get 20,000 gmp and maybe 2 A recruits for 25% expected losses. No thanks, I'll farm missions on my own instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Quiet made Act I a joke. You're never surprised by an enemy and she can clear an outpost no problem in a few minutes by herself. There's no other way to describe that than overpowered.

You say that like she's not entirely optional. There are many other things that are overpowered such as heli support, stealth camo and bombardment, again entirely optional.

Haven't finished Act Two yet but obviously it was rushed/unfinished, in fact the whole game feels this way. Coming straight from the Witcher 3 to this has made the lack of narrative and voice acting even more jarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Anyone know what increases the completion percentage counter. I'm at 85% and only need 4 more s ranks. Do the tasks and developments count too?

rizzla wrote: »
    Anyone know what increases the completion percentage counter. I'm at 85% and only need 4 more s ranks. Do the tasks and developments count too?

The optional side objectives of the main missions also count, so even if you get all S ranks there can still be objectives to go back and get.

Getting all code names, blue prints and animals count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Am I finished the main story?
    I've played the prologue again (the truth version) and Quiet has fecked off after the seemingly endless battle with tanks and APCs. (No more Quiet is incredibly disappointing btw, can I get her back?)

The only main missions outstanding for me are replays of earlier missions on extreme/subsistence etc.

If that's the end to the MGS series then it's a serious anti-climax.

I have to say that including harder versions of earlier missions in the main mission list is incredibly jarring. However, I actually think playing it in subsistence mode really brings out the best in the game.

You need the keep the butterfly symbol on so she won't leave. Once she's gone she is gone and no coming back. Something to keep in mind if you want to go back and play the older missions again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Once she's gone she is gone and no coming back.

Well that's shit :confused: Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Essien wrote: »

i0f4eu3.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

You need the keep the butterfly symbol on so she won't leave. Once she's gone she is gone and no coming back. Something to keep in mind if you want to go back and play the older missions again.

Might want to spoiler that.

Might want to spoiler that.

It's already been discussed at length further back in this thread when the game was only a week old in fairness. That horse has already bolted otherwise I would have spoil tagged it.

It's already been discussed at length further back in this thread when the game was only a week old in fairness. That horse has already bolted otherwise I would have spoil tagged it.

I thought that was a glitch that was addressed in a recent update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Essien wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69m70hLAPwc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Honestly, thats the kind of spoiler I would have liked to have know about from the start. Didn't find out until after she was gone.

Oh sure Quiet, go right ahead and leave with that expensive rifle I bought you. And those costume variations that we never got around to trying out, or that grenade thing ability that we never figured out how to use.

Worst decision ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Went back to it after my hissy fit with the quarantine stuff and just finished mission 45...
    I can see where people are coming from when they say Quiet is a good/interesting character but it's hard to get invested in her when Kojima insists on tit, ass and crotch shots at every possible instant.

Electro shock torture? Zoom in on her tits.

Being drowned? Zoom in on her tits, and throw in a crotch shot.

Nevermind the helicopter gymnastics.

Quiet's theme is lovely though.

Just got
    Battle Gear
    Tells me to go to iDroid an dispatch for a field test, but can't see where I can do that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Just got
    Battle Gear
    Tells me to go to iDroid an dispatch for a field test, but can't see where I can do that :confused:
    It's a combat team deployment.

Evade wrote: »
    It's a combat team deployment.

Yeah thats where I was looking but don't see anything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Yeah thats where I was looking but don't see anything there.
    I don't think it has a unique name look for a high rank mission with that vehicle silhouette.

Evade wrote: »
    I don't think it has a unique name look for a high rank mission with that vehicle silhouette.

Ah ok still need to get a tank for one with a yellow dot beside it so clearing that might open it up for me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Have been playing this for a couple of hours and to be honest am mystified how this game getting so much praise. Incredibly frustrating mechanics (why give you the option of doing missions during the day when it is infinitely harder) and inconsistent AI (spotting me from 50 yards away or missing me from 5 feet) make the few times I do succeed feel more like luck than anything.

Maybe I'm just burned out on open world games having played the Witcher and Batman Arkham Knight, but I just can't muster enough enthusiasm to get to grips with this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Have been playing this for a couple of hours and to be honest am mystified how this game getting so much praise. Incredibly frustrating mechanics (why give you the option of doing missions during the day when it is infinitely harder) and inconsistent AI (spotting me from 50 yards away or missing me from 5 feet) make the few times I do succeed feel more like luck than anything.

Maybe I'm just burned out on open world games having played the Witcher and Batman Arkham Knight, but I just can't muster enough enthusiasm to get to grips with this game.

Nah, the mechanics and game engine are sound, really can't fault it. Sounds like you just need to figure out how things work a little.

The real problem is the story, repeated missions, disappearing buddies, unsatisfying ending...

Advertisement