Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

faceman wrote: »
    Sorry meant GMP. :)

Ha, just wanted to make sure!
    You can make a loads of GMP if you sell some resources. Precious metals will provide you with millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Sorry meant GMP. :)

FOBs are good for GMP, platforms with 8 guards are common enough and they pay about half a million GMP. Also I think the event thats on now pays about 900,000 GMP and it rewards s rank staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I fultoned a few guys on a side op with quite high ranks in various things but there's no sign of them in my base, they aren't in the brig, has this happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I fultoned a few guys on a side op with quite high ranks in various things but there's no sign of them in my base, they aren't in the brig, has this happened to anyone else?

Did you check the waiting area?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Did you check the waiting area?

Yeah I think I checked everywhere. I guess I'll check again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone still playing this? Anyone still playing this and still have their sanity intact? :pac:
    I'm at 54% completion (Mission 32 and about 65% of Side-Ops completed) with about 86 hours sunk into it.

Loved this for a few months, but after completing part 2 main missions, got a serious pain in my arse with the side ops and the repetitive nature of them. The lack of a bookend completion of main missions was a huge flaw for me. The game seemed to fizzle out in an unremarkable manner.

Great memories but incredibly unclimactic close...

Real shame they don't put some time into a batch of new missions in a new dlc area. I would think this would be minimal work for Konami and I'd buy it to play in a new sandbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭Corvo

I got the "real ending" last night. Surprisingly hard hitting!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Anyone find in real life when you see a shipping container that you feel an urge to Fulton it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone find in real life when you see a shipping container that you feel an urge to Fulton it? :D

Yes indeed!

I have also heard the door of a van sliding open, and I thought that I was in the chopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭jones

I have taken a break from this currently playing through the uncharted remastered series and The witcher 3 DLC. The game is an odd one brilliant in so many ways yet oddly frustrating at the same time. When i'm actually playing i enjoy it but i've no urge to play it - if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

it's my first MGS game since MGS on the playstation years ago. Have to say i'm still enjoying it. I'm just past mission 31 at the moment. Still enjoying landing in the chopper with man who sold the world and listening to 80's songs as I run around tranq'ing people.

Some comments though that I agree with. I'm using the same items all the time. Tranq gun, one assault rifle, one sniper rifle and trying to fulton everything. I'm not even using the cardboard box that I remember from the one I played before

While the side ops are repetitive I find more the time to do them annoying. You can't just quickly move around and get it done. It takes time to call down the horse. it takes time to go get in the chopper to redeploy closer to the objective

Still though think I've done 45 hour or some such so far messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I'm still playing it. The game is obviously a mess when you step back and look at it as a whole, but I enjoy the core gameplay so much that I'm just not bored of it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

jones wrote: »
    The game is an odd one brilliant in so many ways yet oddly frustrating at the same time. When i'm actually playing i enjoy it but i've no urge to play it - if that makes sense?

I get you. I haven't played it since Fallout 4 was released. Thats consumed my whole life. :p

But, yeah, as said above, the core gameplay is outstanding. It's a shame the various elements feel disjointed and cumbersome. I'm looking forward to going back to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Can anyone tell me why certain main missions have [replay] before them? You can replay them all anyway, but it only appears on a few, albeit significant ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Essien wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why certain main missions have [replay] before them? You can replay them all anyway, but it only appears on a few, albeit significant ones.

padding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

Essien wrote: »
    It means you can't get certain rewards again by replaying them.

More specifically, end-game
    you can't get characters back after they leave by replaying the missions you recruit them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Underground

MrMorooka wrote: »
    I still can't decide though if the title of 'The Phantom Pain' is a hint, that the game(and the prerelease material) was crafted specifically to create this kind of hollow empty feeling I have. It seems plausible, MGS2 did something similiar by subverting your expectations and introducing Raiden. If so, that it's intentional(create a game that is still objectively a 9/10 great game, but neuter aspects of it, leave threads dangling, hint at things that aren't fleshed out, so that it leaves you feeling unsatisfied in a way you can't define)it definitely worked, but I also don't want to give Kojima credit that isn't due when he might just have ****ed up.

I think if you intentionally create something underwhelming, it's still just underwhelming. I'd be pretty certain Kojima wanted way more time to finish the game and just couldn't get it.

It seems pretty clear production time got cut short and they had to make cutscenes out of what dialogue they had, hence the silent protagonist. I've seen people say that the silent protagonist makes sense because of the ending, but that's just excuse making imo. Snake doesn't say one word to Skull Face in the entire game, come on.

The thing about this game for me is that I reckon someone who is completely new to the series could pick it up and think it's amazing, but fans of the series who are there for the story are majorly let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Evade wrote: »
    It means you can't get certain rewards again by replaying them.

More specifically, end-game
    you can't get characters back after they leave by replaying the missions you recruit them in.

That was actually patched back in.

It's in the patch notes on the console so you don't need to spoiler tag it anymore as it's not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Evade

That was actually patched back in.

It's in the patch notes on the console so you don't need to spoiler tag it anymore as it's not a big deal.
    I got that again but not everyone reads the patch notes and it also applies to
    Huey and the White Mamba.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

The thing about this game for me is that I reckon someone who is completely new to the series could pick it up and think it's amazing, but fans of the series who are there for the story are majorly let down.

I'm get the impression that's what Kojima wanted, alright.

• Advertisement

Came back to this last night after giving it a break for a couple of months. Gave up after an hour. The game play is great but it's the rest that is out right frustrating.

Within the space of half an hour
    liquid and the kids and taken off in a helicopter and the metal gear
    you get no chance to follow that up that I can see, then I got called back to mother base after a side op for some big emergency , Miller was taking about
    striking back for some supposed attack but the place showed no signs of being attacked
    and again no sign of a mission or side op to do anything about that :confused:

What am I missing here guys, I has to me being an idiot and missing something silly, surely the game can't be this big an incoherent mess ? In any other game logic would prevail and you would go and do something after being told in a cut scene about it, but it seem nearly all of what happens in act 2 just has no rhyme or reason to it :(

Within the space of half an hour
    liquid and the kids and taken off in a helicopter and the metal gear
    you get no chance to follow that up that I can see

This was meant to be followed up with "Mission 51", however it was cut from the game presumably because of funding / the Kojima situation.
    Snake heads to an island in Africa where Eli has Sahelanthropus and has released the last strain of the English parasite. You can watch some cracking clips of the cutscenes on Youtube, and I for one am raging it was cut out, as it was fantastic.
    What am I missing here guys, I has to me being an idiot and missing something silly, surely the game can't be this big an incoherent mess ?

Yes, it is an incoherent mess, however I doubt that was Hideo Kojima's intention but more a result of what happened to his own position. The end of the game does however some form of closure. Sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Miller was taking about
    striking back for some supposed attack but the place showed no signs of being attacked
    and again no sign of a mission or side op to do anything about that :confused:

That's telling you that your FOB was invaded.

MrMorooka wrote: »
    That's telling you that your FOB was invaded.

Yeah it eventually pushed me into a screen explaining that , even though I'd seen the tutorial for that months ago.

Corvo wrote: »
    This was meant to be followed up with "Mission 51", however it was cut from the game presumably because of funding / the Kojima situation.
    Snake heads to an island in Africa where Eli has Sahelanthropus and has released the last strain of the English parasite. You can watch some cracking clips of the cutscenes on Youtube, and I for one am raging it was cut out, as it was fantastic.

Yes, it is an incoherent mess, however I doubt that was Hideo Kojima's intention but more a result of what happened to his own position. The end of the game does however some form of closure. Sort of.

I pushed on and did the man who sold the world mission, words fail me at this stage really and not in a good way
    does that not just create a whole pile of gaping plot holes now for any events that took place later in the time line
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I pushed on and did the man who sold the world mission, words fail me at this stage really and not in a good way
    does that not just create a whole pile of gaping plot holes now for any events that took place later in the time line
    :confused:
    That's pretty much been the case with every MGS game.

Penn wrote: »
    That's pretty much been the case with every MGS game.

Ha ha ha so true but this ??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ha ha ha so true but this ??? :D

Yeah, I'd say this beats MGS4 for how much has been retconned.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say this beats MGS4 for how much has been retconned.

Can you explain a little further?

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    Can you explain a little further?

Been a while maybe others can post more specifics , but I recall Big Boss date of birth being changed and made 20 years younger in the data base in 4.

Advertisement