Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wright wrote: »

Doesn't matter, anything after this is not Kojima so I won't be playing.

You say that . . . . . ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

callaway92 wrote: »
    You say that . . . . . ;)

Even paying Konami 60 for V is grating :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Been in my backlog for ages so I finally finished the story mission from MGS: Ground Zeroes. Got a B...did terrible, you know its bad when your suppressor breaks :p
    This song has been stuck in my head since....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ERG89 wrote: »
    Been in my backlog for ages so I finally finished the story mission from MGS: Ground Zeroes. Got a B...did terrible, you know its bad when your suppressor breaks :p
    This song has been stuck in my head since....

Love this version. The slow one from MGS IV is better though!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Love this version. The slow one from MGS IV is better though!

Went back and played 4 a few weeks ago. Never really noticed this song in the credits. Blew my mind when it started playing, having of course played GZ many times since. Foreshadowing eh. Wonder how much of a picture he had in his mind for V by the time he'd finished 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That sounds surprisingly small for an MGS game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tok9 wrote: »
    That sounds surprisingly small for an MGS game.

Maybe the FOX engine is really good for optimisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Could that just be the initial download size which allows you to start playing (while the rest downloads in the background)?

I'm guessing it's down to all the cutscenes being in real time as opposed to rendered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I would say the files are compressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't think there's any trickery going on with the file size, better engines result in more efficient use of space a lot of the time, I reckon 25GB is the real size of it, but don't be surprised if there's a 5GB day one patch either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't think there's any trickery going on with the file size, better engines result in more efficient use of space a lot of the time, I reckon 25GB is the real size of it, but don't be surprised if there's a 5GB day one patch either.

Better engines can use higher quality assets more efficiently.
    Higher quality assets are, typically, bigger.

Not sure where you are getting " more efficient use of space a lot of the time".

Better engines can use higher quality assets more efficiently.
    Higher quality assets are, typically, bigger.

Not sure where you are getting " more efficient use of space a lot of the time".

Some confusion in the last few posts.

This has little to do with the performance of the engine and a whole lot to do with cutscenes being in-engine instead of FMV, and some kick-ass compression tech. And the fact that there isn't a six hour lossless soundfile of radio static in the package like there was in MGS4, Kojima's 'troll' period.

That does seem super small though. Expect MGO to not be included in that. And as has been said, a Day 1 patch (and a rather suspect Ground Zeroes patch as well of course ;) gotta patch in Hayters voice).

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

If anyones still looking for the collectors edition gamestop has made some available, online only. Went into gamestop to preorder one the other day and was told I hadn't a hope of getting one at this stage, delighted with myself now:D
    PS4
    XboxOne

If anyones still looking for the collectors edition gamestop has made some available, online only. Went into gamestop to preorder one the other day and was told I hadn't a hope of getting one at this stage, delighted with myself now:D
    PS4
    XboxOne

When do they bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Can't pick it up in store,how would this work exactly?:(

Nevermind, figured it out.

When do they bill?

My receipt email says they take payment at time of shipping.

Already gone again. Says out of stock. Welp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So people really do collect physical versions of AAA games. I think I'll stick to the digital version on steam once the game's out. Too bad no DRM free version.

• Advertisement

So people really do collect physical versions of AAA games.

New to gaming bruh? lol. I see the benefits of both physical and digital as someone who moves around a lot; physical is a must on Nintendo platforms for example, and you always have the option to trade in.

Checked my account and I was actually charged the full 140 last night, even though the faq says they take payment at time of shipment. Its fine, as long as I'm not charged again at time of shipment, in which case heads will fcucking roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Already gone again. Says out of stock. Welp.

I'm pissed I missed it. Normally don't care for collector's editions, but that robot hand statue is just too cool

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Is there any major differences between the Xbox one and ps4 versions?

Tempted to buy the Xbox collectors edition but I'm worried that its a inferior version of the game...

Demios wrote: »
    Is there any major differences between the Xbox one and ps4 versions?

Tempted to buy the Xbox collectors edition but I'm worried that its a inferior version of the game...

Nope. Latest SDK released by Microsoft got the XBox version to 1080p/60fps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Nope. Latest SDK released by Microsoft got the XBox version to 1080p/60fps too.

They're only rumours, no real source so it could still end up being 720p on Xbox. Ground Zeroes looked a good bit worse on the xbox one due to the lower resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Cheers for the update, going mad i missed the chance to get the PS4 version!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The PC version is now coming out on the 1st of September, MGO though will not come out on Consoles till the 6th of October, January 2016 on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Woo-hoo! :D

So I don't gotta wait until the 15th! :D

• Advertisement

Ah crap, I won't have a PS4 by the time MGO is available :(

Just started my MGS re-run yesterday, I'm just after beating the Rays in MGS2.

Advertisement