Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ridiculous to consider driving from Sligo to Letterkenny and back daily?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

I used to drive to Sligo daily for work a few years ago and didn't mind it, though you can often get stuck behind traffic from ballybofey into the gap

I don't mind driving but the winter months were much more bleaker and tiring. It was dark for most of the journey

As other posters have mentioned it was quite expensive on fuel and you rack up alot of mileage hence wear and tear on your car

Its certainly do-able and the road is quite good on the Donegal side but not great through Grange etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

I used to drive to Sligo daily for work a few years ago and didn't mind it, though you can often get stuck behind traffic from ballybofey into the gap

I don't mind driving but the winter months were much more bleaker and tiring. It was dark for most of the journey

As other posters have mentioned it was quite expensive on fuel and you rack up alot of mileage hence wear and tear on your car

Its certainly do-able and the road is quite good on the Donegal side but not great through Grange etc

How long did it take you most days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭nikinova

Hi There,
    OP just came across your post and I have a girl living with me who used to commute from Letterkenny to Sligo, she found it incredibly difficult as she was doing a really demanding course too, so she is now renting from me and I think she is much happier...
    PM me if you want advice on places to live, rent is so much cheaper here than the likes of Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think you'd be mad.

It would be tiring enough in good weather, but you would be shattered if it cold and slippy, you would be so tensed up when you finish your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Took me around an hour and a half most days, it depended on Road works which weren't that often, but it still adds 3 hours to your day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

nikinova wrote: »
    Hi There,
    OP just came across your post and I have a girl living with me who used to commute from Letterkenny to Sligo, she found it incredibly difficult as she was doing a really demanding course too, so she is now renting from me and I think she is much happier...
    PM me if you want advice on places to live, rent is so much cheaper here than the likes of Dublin!

Will do, cheers :D

Advertisement