Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling my iphone

• 04-11-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone have any advice about selling my Iphone 4s,What to do about about backing up important information, contacts etc. is their anything i need to be concerned?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

The first thing to do is backup your phone completely. Plug it into iTunes, right click on the phone name and choose the 'transfer purchases' option. This sends your purchases on your iPhone back to iTunes. Then right click on the phone name again and choose backup. This backs up your iPhone, which allows you to restore your new phone with the same settings etc.

If you have any photos on the phone you want to keep do the following: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

The last suggestion I'd give it to wipe the phone completely once you're finished with it. However just before you do that I'd turn off iMessage, Facetime and Find My iPhone, as those can occasionally cause a problem if they're not deactivated prior to wiping the phone. To wipe the phone completely go to (on the iPhone) Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

Only do this once you're sure you're finished with the phone, as it will delete all your accounts/settings/etc.

That should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi anyone have any advice about selling my Iphone 4s,What to do about about backing up important information, contacts etc. is their anything i need to be concerned?

Are you going to be getting another iPhone?

just set up iCloud backup if you haven't done so already. You can also backup to iTunes and that will back up all your photos too (you can back up photos to iCloud too but they would need to be less than 5gb or youll need to pay for more iCloud storage).

You should also just transfer all your photos to your computer by hooking up your iPhone and copying over the photos folder.

If you're not going to get another iPhone then you can backup your contacts and calendar to Gmail or Outlook.

Then once you've done all that just go into settings, general, reset, erase all content and settings.

Also if you are running iOS 7 don't forget to sign out of find my iPhone, also sign out of iMessage if you aren't going to get another iPhone.

Advertisement