Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance Brokers?

Options
  • 04-11-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I am trying to buy private health insurance for the first time and it is monumentally difficult, each of the three main health insurance companies seem to have anything up to 40 plans on offer each, it seems a minefield to navigate.

I was considering approaching one of the companies today for advice but i figured it wouldachieve nothing as it is only there mission to sell me a policy so figured a health insurance broker might be a better place to look for advice. Alas, I am not aware of any.

Could anyone a health insurance broker that might be of some assistance to me in finding private insurance? , or even an alternative place that may be recommendable to look for advice?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm pretty sure that none of the medical insurance companies do business through brokers.

This website is designed to answer all of your questions...

http://www.hia.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

coylemj wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that none of the medical insurance companies do business through brokers.

Disappointing as it is such a confusing industry. Actually on the hia website at the moment as well. It is very helpful to explain the basis of policy conditions but alas, does not help to point me in the right direction of a particular policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Aviva Health Insurance deal through insurance Brokers. At least the Broker could go through all the Aviva products with you, which might help.

Layinghen wrote: »
    Aviva Health Insurance deal through insurance Brokers. At least the Broker could go through all the Aviva products with you, which might help.

It certainly would help.. would you know of any? A google search gave me nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Cornmarket sell aviva and Glohealth products. However they mainly sell to the public sector. Do you know broadly what you want out of the policy?

• Advertisement

Cornmarket sell aviva and Glohealth products. However they mainly sell to the public sector. Do you know broadly what you want out of the policy?

Outpatient consultant, physiotherapy, and acupuncture (not too pushed about GP)

Outpatient radiology

Public hospital cover

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

coylemj wrote: »

How sure?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

subscriber wrote: »
    It certainly would help.. would you know of any? A google search gave me nothing.

What terms did you google?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭phormium

I rang this crowd http://www.lfs.ie/default.asp last year after hearing them on the radio being interviewed, however they were so busy at the particular time they took my number to ring me back. By the time they got back to me I had sorted it out with help from advice on askaboutmoney.com, there is a health insurance forum on there and some very helpful posters.

When they actually rang me I told them what I had gone with and they confirmed I had got the best suited policy for my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

The biggest problem with the link above is that they say there are three insurers, when there are four.

You can use www.hia.ie to compare all the plans on the market, or alternatively ring them. I've spoken to a man there a few times and found him extremely helpful.

• Advertisement

LostArt wrote: »
    The biggest problem with the link above is that they say there are three insurers, when there are four.

You can use www.hia.ie to compare all the plans on the market, or alternatively ring them. I've spoken to a man there a few times and found him extremely helpful.

No, they do cater for four insurance companies as I was on the site earlier and it is mentioned. hia were mentioned earlier in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Have a look at http://www.buyhealthinsurance.ie/ - I think they deal with two out of the four.

Could someone please point me in the direction of the health insurance forum as previously mentioned? I have searched the site high up and low down, and cannot find it listed anywhere?

I think i will benefit from reading other discussions about this industry..

Thanks

Advertisement