Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: self-catering house for Christmas.

Options
  • 04-11-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello boarders!

I am eager to find the following in Meath for the Christmas week:

- a 3 or 4 bedroom self-catering house for 6 people.
    - has to have 1 double bed and 4 twin beds or 2 doubles and 3 twins.
    - accepts a small dog (he's 3, really well behaved and he's never allowed on couches nor in bedrooms)
    - ideally with a fire-place/stove and plenty of space to sit around
    - €500 max for the week
    - wifi would be great but not essential

Many thanks for your help and suggestions!

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did you try super valu breaks?
    Daft has a section for short term lettings.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

AFAIK you can rent a house by the week in Knightsbrook Hotel - the ones directly opposite the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Yes Knightsbrook have self catering houses but the only thing I wouldn't be to sure of would be the dog. No harm in giving them a shout though anytime I have dealt with them they have been quite helpful.

Throw the mutt into the local kennels for the week if he's an issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

There's these as well, in Kiltale - no idea as to what they are like, but might suit what you are looking for. Maybe worth investigating:
    http://www.meathselfcatering.com/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 my dog and i

Did you get sorted with a house for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

Yes we did! Thank you all for your suggestions, here is what we have found:

http://www.mcguiresirishcottages.com/

The people there seem very nice and they said we'll even have a Christmas tree in the house when we arrive! =)

It's also very good value and we are in separate bedrooms, so very happy so far. Even if it's a bit far from Meath, we like the area and it means nice, quiet time in a cosy house.

It's a relief for us, even if we like camping and roughing it for hols, we'd rather do that in the summer!!

=)

You looked for a house in Meath and ended up in Leitrim? At least they wear the same colour jerseys.......

Advertisement