Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easysaver /Dualsaver

Options
  • 04-11-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have searched everywhere on BOI online for the rates for both these accounts as I have no recent statements for either and I am trying to sort a few things out. Can anyone tell me the current interest rates for both these accounts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

polydactyl wrote: »
    Hi,

I have searched everywhere on BOI online for the rates for both these accounts as I have no recent statements for either and I am trying to sort a few things out. Can anyone tell me the current interest rates for both these accounts?
    I cant see them either online. I would almost bet my house though on the rates being very low. I had a dualsaver account but closed it last year because couldnt find out the rate. 

BOI had improved in this regard, and published rates but it would seem they have taken a step backwards. 

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Hi Rory, thanks for the reply. Yes I suspect its awful so will close both I was just hoping to have a comparison rate to base my choice against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi guys, 

We will double check this for you regarding our site.

@polydactyl: if you like, we can organise a call from our savings team who can advise the rate on your accounts and discuss a better rate that may be available to you. Please PM us with your name, branch and a contact number. Please do not include any account numbers.

Hope this helps and thank you again.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the reply. I would appreciate the rates if you could but I don't need a call from the savings team at this point.

Hi polydactyl,

The current rates are as follows:
    • Dualsaver:
    [*]
    Regular Savings - 0.50%
    Lump Sum Savings - 0.05%
    • Easysaver:
    [*]
    Regular Savings - 0.50%
    Lump Sum Savings - 0.05%

For future reference all Press Ads for rate changes post 12th October 2012 are published on the GWS, see here.

I hope this helps and apologies for the delay.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

Hi polydactyl,

The current rates are as follows:
    • Dualsaver:

[*]
    Regular Savings - 0.50%
    Lump Sum Savings - 0.05%
    • Easysaver:

[*]
    Regular Savings - 0.50%
    Lump Sum Savings - 0.05%

For future reference all Press Ads for rate changes post 12th October 2012 are published on the GWS, see here.

I hope this helps and apologies for the delay.

Thanks
    Linda
    [*]
    Linda - I dont think it is great that you have to search press releases for rates. Why can't BOI be as upfront as other banks such as Rabo and Nationwide UK. It is very clear and transparent from their websites. BOI's website had for a brief period a very good link on website to page which listed all rates on accounts on one page. Why was this page deleted?

Thank you for your feedback Rory1, this has been passed to our deposits department.

Bank of Ireland make sure that all information on the website is current and up to date. As the Easysaver and Dualsaver account are no longer available to new customers, so are not displayed in a more prominent position on the site so as not to cause confusion.

Thanks again
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi,

To get around this issue you simply create one page with "legacy deposit rates" and keep all the legacy rates there. 

Ulster do this. BoI used to do this but removed the webpage. 

Please bring it back.

Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi Fungus,

Thanks for taking the time to post, we will pass on your suggestion to our deposit department for review.

Thanks again,
    Paula C

Advertisement