Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder Quote for job

Options
  • 04-11-2013 8:25pm

Hi

I recently gave a builder plans for an extension which I am planning for him to price the job.

After meeting up with them last week he supplied just the ball park figure....no break down of costs or bill of quantities.

Is this right or should I have gotten more than just the total cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

TheTorment wrote: »
    Hi

I recently gave a builder plans for an extension which I am planning for him to price the job.

After meeting up with them last week he supplied just the ball park figure....no break down of costs or bill of quantities.

Is this right or should I have gotten more than just the total cost?

Thanks

If you wish to get a detailed breakdown you should provide the bill of quantities for him to price. Some builders give summaries, some detailed breakdowns and some one line prices. As they have to generally pay someone to price it for them they are slow to hand it over for free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Total cost is grand, until the "extras" get added.

Oh this window wasn't priced for. This door is more expensive. These tiles weren't on the original drawings.

You should have an exact list of what is included in the price.

As KK says - you need a bill of quantities so that when builders are quoting, they are all "singing of the same hymn sheet" so to speak.

Advertisement