Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland 365 Online

Options
  • 04-11-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I am here to rant about the website (to let you  know). 

I understand security, yes we all need it, it is important but to sacrifice usability because of security is bloody annoying.

I don't want to have to log in every freaking time I press the back button - I am actually trying to remember not to press the back button.. why???? Please remove that, it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. 

2nd thing - wire transfer.
    Do I really have to wait for a security post? Can't you just send me the security code to my mobile and activate the stuff from there? No real difference tbh. 

3rd thing:

When I click one of the menus it brings me back to the same page. Why? I'm using the latest update of Chrome. 

Anyways, that's it for now. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

You can already do that.
    Register your mobile first, its been around a while now.
    Eman_321 wrote: »
    Do I really have to wait for a security post? Can't you just send me the security code to my mobile and activate the stuff from there? No real difference tbh. 

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

dobsdave wrote: »
    You can already do that.
    Register your mobile first, its been around a while now.
    Eman_321 wrote: »

You have to register your mobile first then a 5-7 day wait for a security code to activate your phone.

Because of this, while overseas I couldn't do any wire transfers. Had I known, I would have activated my phone before I left on my trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Eman_321,

Thanks for posting.

As you correctly mention, security is and always will be the most important aspect on Banking 365 Online. I can understand your point about the back button however, there are a number of issues with having the back button enabled. For example, if you were to walk away from your computer without logging out, using the back button would bring you back to the previous websites you were on and in theory, someone else could access your account information. Also, if the back button was enabled, it would be possible to put a payment through, use the back button, input the digits of your PIN again and make the payment for a second time.  

When initially registering your mobile number, the code needs to be posted to the address on your account. Again, this is for security reasons. Once you have activated this, you have the option of receiving future payee activation codes via text message.

Can you please call Banking 365 when you have computer access and a representative will check the settings on your browser which will should offer assistance. The Banking 365 numbers are 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 and representative assisted hours are 8am – 12midnight Monday to Friday and 9am – 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank/public holidays.  

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement