Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horde Web Application-messages can't be seen in Webmail

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is having a problem with webmail. She can receive mail just fine using outlook, but for some reason they do not appear in Horde. She has keep mail on server setting checked in outlook, but no matter what I try they don't appear in horde.
    Link for Horde http://demo.horde.org/services/prefs.php?app=imp
    Anyone have any clue at all as to what might be causing this?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Try using IMAP on Outlook rather than POP3. Horde may not be setup right if you're still have problems

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

Mr. G wrote: »
    Horde may not be setup right if you're still have problems
    What exactly could be wrong? Where i have to look for a problem - would it be in Preferences/Mail ?

asgaard wrote: »
    What exactly could be wrong? Where i have to look for a problem - would it be in Preferences/Mail ?

Horde and outlook should both be using IMAP, to keep the email on the server and pull a copy to Horde and POP3. If you're using POP3 it may not reach the other program.

Is Horde using POP3 or IMAP?

Horde and outlook should both be using IMAP, to keep the email on the server and pull a copy to Horde and POP3. If you're using POP3 it may not reach the other program.

Is Horde using POP3 or IMAP?

Will have a look into friend's laptop and keep U inform.

Thanks
    Btw. where i have to look for IMAP settings in Horde?

Horde is for webmail. Does your friend have admin access for Horde and for ftp?

I would guess the IMAP settings by selecting IMAP instead of POP3 when adding the email account. Hopefully whoever setup the mail server has IMAP setup.

• Advertisement

Horde is for webmail. Does your friend have admin access for Horde and for ftp?
    When i meet her will have a look and let U know.
    Thanks for all tips.

Advertisement