Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income Tax for self employment

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I am hoping someone who is up on income tax and self employment can help me with this.
    I have been unemployed for 2 and a half years now and have just got a job as a mystery shopper. But i quote from the agencies website...... "AS A MYSTERY SHOPPER, YOU ARE DEEMED TO WORK WITH US ON A SELF EMPLOYED BASIS AND, AS SUCH, RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL MATTERS RELATING TO YOUR INCOME TAX AND INSURANCE AFFAIRS." (end)
    Can somebody tell me, in laymans terms exactly what I need to do to manage this? Is it just a matter of contacting my nearest tax office?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭premier10

In other words you are not an employee of the company you will be self employed. You need to fill out a TR1 for self employed income tax. No tax will be deducted from your pay.
    However you will need to file a form 11 each year under self assessment.
    You should have a look at revenue.ie and self employed to bring yourself up to speed.
    Keep all your receipts & payments of expenses incurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thetoffeeman

premier10 wrote: »
    In other words you are not an employee of the company you will be self employed. You need to fill out a TR1 for self employed income tax. No tax will be deducted from your pay.
    However you will need to file a form 11 each year under self assessment.
    You should have a look at revenue.ie and self employed to bring yourself up to speed.
    Keep all your receipts & payments of expenses incurred.
    Top man. Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

For future reference, the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum is handy for these queries - if you've any more questions, I can move this thread there.

Advertisement