Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube buffering

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

I was watching a video on youtube earlier and someone else stood on my broadband cable, yanking it out of its socket. Obviously I reconnected it and broadbands back on now but everytime I watch a video, its always buffering. This never happened before. Any ideas what might have went wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When you say 'buffering', do you mean that it can't download as fast as the video is playing so that it stops and starts continuously and is not easy to watch? Check that the cable was reinserted properly. I'd switch off the router, pull out the cable and reinsert it, then switch on the router.

Check your speed on www.speedtest.net Be patient and wait for the 'Begin Test' button, any other button will download crapware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roadtrain

try resetting your router first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Yes, that. And if its a music video it sometimes repeats a verse twice. Its odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 timothy mcallister

Power off everything, turn them back on starting with the most external box/routers first and ending with ur PC, from command prompt type (ping 8.8.8.8 -t) without the brackets, this will ping google repeatedly, check ping times, if u have a long ping time, ping your router IP the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

try another cable... if the original cable was yanked out of the socket it is likely damaged

• Advertisement
Advertisement