Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When spiders attack

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭

Alright guys strange one here. My girlfriends sister rented an apartment in June. The landlord has not been great to date but she is a bit distressed at the current situation. Basically her apartment is spider infested. And I mean infested. Today alone we killed 24 spiders and found loads of webs with eggs in them. Quite nasty.

This wasn't an obvious problem when she moved in so now we don't really know what to do. She has a new baby too. She had asked in writing several times for a solution but I don't even know what the solution is.

Now she wants to move out over it. Is this reasonable grounds to seek a termination of the lease?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

if she is thinking to stay on you can get an electronic spider deterrent device in woodies. it plugs in and keeps most of them away. just hoover up the ones that are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Alright guys strange one here. My girlfriends sister rented an apartment in June. The landlord has not been great to date but she is a bit distressed at the current situation. Basically her apartment is spider infested. And I mean infested. Today alone we killed 24 spiders and found loads of webs with eggs in them. Quite nasty.

This wasn't an obvious problem when she moved in so now we don't really know what to do. She has a new baby too. She had asked in writing several times for a solution but I don't even know what the solution is.

Now she wants to move out over it. Is this reasonable grounds to seek a termination of the lease?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Rentokill?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Roselm wrote: »
    Rentokill?

For spiders?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

For spiders?

Yep. Check out the website...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

There's exterminators coming today. Really didn't think they'd do it for insects. Also there is now a load of silverfish in the apartment. She is freaking out.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

Sue the landlord or just buy some DMs

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

More idiotic landlording. I'm sick of reading all the "bad tenant" whinging that goes on in this forum when we have yet another case here of someone who figured they could make a quick buck without having to lift a finger.

I'd be leaving on the grounds that the place is a health hazard (particularly with a new baby in the apartment too), the landlord was advised several times in writing and it's getting worse.

In a way it's a pity the LL conceded (eventually) to doing something about it as it'd make the process easier, but if it was me I'd be calling the LL and making it VERY clear that if the exterminator visit doesn't resolve the issue, then I'll be leaving and expecting my full deposit immediately (and they're lucky I didn't sue them) but no way would I continue to live and pay money to stay in an environment like that - ESPECIALLY if there was a new baby in the place.

Anyway, hope she gets sorted out OP

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭J.P.M

Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the ..........

Advertisement