Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 10 Reports

Options
  • 04-11-2013 10:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jags @ Titans
    Titans take score an early TD, then a long run for a TD

Jags then run the samep play 6times and i cant stop the damn thing!
    Fg Jags
    Craig Stevens TD
    Walker TD
    Johnson TD

Jags get some offense and Lewis makes a nice catch for a TD
    Johnson TD
    Dunt aRobinson picks off a last second pass in the endzone after a decent Jags drive

10-42
    Pretty easy win here, 278 yards for Johnson and it could have been more but i let Greene carry some. Gets 3 TDs with Greene getting 1

Locker gets 2 TDs, 225 yards and a rating of 151

3 Sacks for Morgan and 1 for Ropati

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys beat the Saints 35-31 in another offensive thriller.

I'm away from the Xbox so just a short report here, but offense was the order of the day as there was only one punt (Saints) all game. The game started off with the Cowboys going on a long drive to open the scoring, before the Saints responded with a long Sproles run to tie it. Both teams went blow for blow all game with the odd fumble (Cowboys 1) or pick (Cowboys 2, Saints 1) here and there before:

The winning play came with a few seconds left. Cowboys were down 3 in the red zone facing a long third down, which Romo threw beautifully into the chest of Dwayne Harris who just about got in for a TD before a couple of tacklers could get to him. The Saints managed to connect on the ensuing Hail Mary but came up well short and that was the game.

Word to the Cowboys defense on short downs as it was like coming up against a brick wall. A few times the Saints had short yards left to move the chains but couldn't get it done, one key stop resulted in the Saints having to take a FG when the scores were level which turned out to be vital. It was like re-living the real-life Ravens rushing woes in those situations all over again :pac:

Well done Mikey. It was an enjoyable game and good to speak to you.

Back-to-back games against Berty and Mikey and I've lost both by a combined 7 points. I'm a broken man :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts warm up for next weeks show down with the Titans by beating the Rams 35-0 and i gain my 1st shut out since joining the league :)

This game was over at half time as the colts led 35-0, they could've added more points as my 100% red zone percentage took a real negative hit here as the 2nd half was spent punting from their 20 yard line, Rams could not get anything going on offense, especially with the pass as they were intercepted 5 times, but richardson on the ground was their main threat.

Colts
    Luck 19-24, 364 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's
    Bradshaw and Reynaud added 3 rushing TD's between them.
    Heyward-Bey and Hilton both had 100 yard receiving games.
    Wayne and Reynaud added a recieving TD each.

RAMS.
    Bradford 9-20 133 yards 0 TD's 5 INT's
    Richardson 13 carries, 47 yards.
    Givens 3 receptions, 46 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Paully D wrote: »
    Cowboys beat the Saints 35-31 in another offensive thriller.

I'm away from the Xbox so just a short report here, but offense was the order of the day as there was only one punt (Saints) all game. The game started off with the Cowboys going on a long drive to open the scoring, before the Saints responded with a long Sproles run to tie it. Both teams went blow for blow all game with the odd fumble (Cowboys 1) or pick (Cowboys 2, Saints 1) here and there before:

The winning play came with a few seconds left. Cowboys were down 3 in the red zone facing a long third down, which Romo threw beautifully into the chest of Dwayne Harris who just about got in for a TD before a couple of tacklers could get to him. The Saints managed to connect on the ensuing Hail Mary but came up well short and that was the game.

Word to the Cowboys defense on short downs as it was like coming up against a brick wall. A few times the Saints had short yards left to move the chains but couldn't get it done, one key stop resulted in the Saints having to take a FG when the scores were level which turned out to be vital. It was like re-living the real-life Ravens rushing woes in those situations all over again :pac:

Well done Mikey. It was an enjoyable game and good to speak to you.

Back-to-back games against Berty and Mikey and I've lost both by a combined 7 points. I'm a broken man :pac:

Was an absolute cracker of a game. Thought we were headed to overtime when the TD on 3rd down got pulled back for the mystery penalty, still don't know how Harris managed to get open for the winner. Sproles was a menace all day, except up the middle on short yardage, my lads were immense there.

But yeah, super game, cheers for the chat and well played. Good luck with the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Insanity in Minnesota!!!!

Redskins outrush the Vikings and the Vikings out pass the Redskins!

Victor gets to do the full report which is unfortunately not me as I was the wrong side of a 57-54 scoreline....

Game had everything except turnovers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Beat cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Eagles beat greenbay. 5 turnovers killed me. but best laugh of the season on GBs first drive. 3 an out a punt to the ten yard Brown dives to try to down it, it hits his helmet and goes out at the one yard line lol.

Eagles were unstoppable with mcCoy and that wide receiver who was just a blur and had around 300 yards in the air just destroyed me.

Pudsy please do a match report! Give that score some context!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Nelbert wrote: »
    Pudsy please do a match report! Give that score some context!

I will get one typed up tonigt or tomorrow. I really cant use words to do that game justice.....

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I will get one typed up tonigt or tomorrow. I really cant use words to do that game justice.....

And yet 0 turnovers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Scores like this are a huge reason why I'm not a fan of this version of the game. Scores like that should be a once per season sort of thing but how many games have we seen with passer ratings of above 150, 100% completions, over 200 yards rushing games or games where no punts happen. Not to mention the crazy amount of kickoff returns.

I feel EA are turning this more and more into an arcade type game, trying to bring in the casual gamer who doesn't care much for tactics etc, and toning down the cerebral nature of the game which was what I enjoyed most in the first place.

Anyway rant over and obviously I'm not having a go at any players on here just the nature of this version of the game.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Scores like this are a huge reason why I'm not a fan of this version of the game. Scores like that should be a once per season sort of thing but how many games have we seen with passer ratings of above 150, 100% completions, over 200 yards rushing games or games where no punts happen. Not to mention the crazy amount of kickoff returns.

I feel EA are turning this more and more into an arcade type game, trying to bring in the casual gamer who doesn't care much for tactics etc, and toning down the cerebral nature of the game which was what I enjoyed most in the first place.

Anyway rant over and obviously I'm not having a go at any players on here just the nature of this version of the game.

We had a combined 3 punts and both took a lot of care with the ball as a turnover would have decided it and that was obvious early.

Ponder should be blocked by the game from having anything beyond 50% completion percentage!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That was a once in a lifetime game, I honestly never played one like it. Its the first match his year I've found to be like that in terms of crazy offense. Agree with the general sentiment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks beat the falcons 45-20..

Advertisement