If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Acoustics Q7000 & Onkyo 616

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been deciding on a 5.1 system for a while now and have settled on the Q acoustics q7000 as they seem to be very good value at the moment before being replaced by the 7000i series.

I would like to pair it with the Onkyo 616/626 or Yamaha 475/575. I would like to purchase the system from you guys due to all the advice you provide on boards, but of course cost is a key consideration!

At the moment I have the following quotes:

£795 with the yamaha 475 from electricshop
    £779 (£490 + £289) for same as above from hispek
    £799 with Onkyo 616 from P Tyson inc cables and delivery
    £808.90 with yamaha 673 from audiovisual

All of these have the q7000 at 490-530. I'm just wondering what the best you can do is, and if perhaps you cannot beat one of the above bundles maybe you can beat the q7000 or receiver quotes and I can get both from different sources. I see that you have the Onkyo 616 for £250 at the moment, perhaps I could get the Q7000 from Hispek for £490 and the receiver from you guys.

If you could let me know as soon as possible what you can manage that would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi David, thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the Q7000 pack is not a pack that we currently ship and to be honest it is an older pack that doesn't really compare against some of the newer packs. This is the reason as to why Q have re-designed it and companies are now trying to clear the older package. It was originally released in 2011 so it's older and there are now better performers.

The 616 is completely finished and the ones on the UK site are ex demo ones at specific stores.

I'll PM you a suggestion which to be honest will blow all of the above out of the park.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.