Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with charging 4s

• 04-11-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

I have a car charger that I got when I purchased my phone nearly 2 years ago, it works perfectly, as in charges the phone. But due to age the pins to hold the charger are now broken and I have to balance the phone to charge while driving. I bought a aux/charging cable so I can listen to music via the car-stereo while driving, but it will not charge the phone. I have tried charger my wife go for her car and it will not charge my phone. The only charger that will work in either car is the old battered one. I tried the Aux cable with a PC to see if that would charger, but no joy.

Any ideas if this could be a software issue? Someone mentioned that some phone will only work with apple chargers, which I find difficult to believe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

I have a car charger that I got when I purchased my phone nearly 2 years ago, it works perfectly, as in charges the phone. But due to age the pins to hold the charger are now broken and I have to balance the phone to charge while driving. I bought a aux/charging cable so I can listen to music via the car-stereo while driving, but it will not charge the phone. I have tried charger my wife go for her car and it will not charge my phone. The only charger that will work in either car is the old battered one. I tried the Aux cable with a PC to see if that would charger, but no joy.

Any ideas if this could be a software issue? Someone mentioned that some phone will only work with apple chargers, which I find difficult to believe.

All manufacturers provide chargers which have different electronic values (impedence, resistance, tolerance etc) so phones will take longer or shorter to charge with a charger from a different manufacturer.

Apple chargers are very awkward and if there is even slight damage to the charging port on the phone then the old one will be the only one to work for the reasons outlined above.

People have been known to incur injuries from phones overheating etc when using a non apple charger

Advertisement