Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 07

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I played FIFA 07 on the PS2 for the first time today (long story). It's too fast and there's absolutely no defensive game, but my god it's good craic. The past few editions of FIFA have really raised the bar, particularly in terms of defensive play, but something's missing. It feels so stale. Something about 07 just flowed properly. I didn't play FIFA between 1999 and 2007. Was it always like that? It seems like they've fcuked it up.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

They're just trying to do more and more things with the game. They're fixing bits here and tweaking bits there and in the end it just ends up like Father Ted's raffle car. I think it's much the same with Pro Evo, although I've started playing PES2013 recently and it just seems that slightly bit better.

Also, IMO, I think I also just enjoyed Pro Evo 5 & 6 (and the equivalent FIFAs) more because I was just younger and more into them. I know I'm still young (27 is young isn't it? :D) but when you were aged between 13 - 18, you could easily go through seasons upon seasons in the career mode (Master League for PES). That just doesn't seem fun anymore. Of course, I also never had a connection to the internet back then either!!

Also, the ridiculously long loading times in the recent FIFA editions are such a buzz kill. Particularly when you're mad for a quick game but have to wait an age for several loading screens to pass!

Advertisement