Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas flight prices

Options
  • 04-11-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi there.

Me & 2 friends are flying to Sydney on the 6th of January. This might seem a little strange to be asking seen as we aren't even there yet but how much do flights from Sydney to Dublin cost around christmas time when booked well in advance?

We're really looking forward to going over but we fully intend on coming home for christmas, preferably around mid december?

Please and thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Hi there.

Me & 2 friends are flying to Sydney on the 6th of January. This might seem a little strange to be asking seen as we aren't even there yet but how much do flights from Sydney to Dublin cost around christmas time when booked well in advance?

We're really looking forward to going over but we fully intend on coming home for christmas, preferably around mid december?

Please and thank you :)

One way or return?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Batgurl wrote: »
    One way or return?

Well if you know or could give me an idea of both that would be great. Depends on the circumstances at the time so don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

No one can say for certain as flight prices are constantly rising but going off last year, if you book early enough (May/June) and aren't worried about a particular airline (1-stop/2-stops) you can probably get return for $2000-$2500. One Way will probably cost $1200-$1500.

These are very rough figures based on leaving early December and returning early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I paid $1850, return, 1-stop with etihad. Booked in september/october. Early dec to early jan

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnny Serpico

Christmas is the most exspensive time to go. I paid 3300 return at the start of October. Cheapest we could get.

Some friends are going home in March and got theirs for 1400 return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I'm heading to Brisbane at the start of January and paid €1150 return but we need to pay extra to change the date forward to nearer Christmas,they said it will add about €150, so it will end up costing €1300 ish, they said in trailfinders we were lucky to get the flight so cheap!
    My brother paid €900 for a one way from Dublin to Sydney with eithad in may that was booked only a few weeks before he went so it was pricey,
    Can you book a return from Dublin?

Advertisement