Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovating/Building a House

Options
  • 05-11-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi There ,

I'm wondering has anybody advice on the first steps in renovating or should I say rebuilding an old house?

I have this cottage, which would be 80 odd years old, where it is basically falling apart , except for the front wall which was build from proper concrete blocks , the rest is pretty much built from stones from the river. I've been told that if I keep the front wall planning permission wouldn't be needed . The house as it stands is roughly 40ft long in front , 30ft long gable side and probably 30ft in height.

My plan is to rebuild it into a dormer , which means the height would will probably have to increase by 10-15ft. Would this mean planning permission will be required?

Also , anybody have suggestions in procedures in knocking a house down especially when electricity is still in place ie. How do you shut down the wiring?

Would appreciate any feedback,
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement