Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropped out of a previous course after two years, fees for new one in years 3/4?

Options
  • 05-11-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Slightly complicated question: I did two years of a course in IADT and repeated second year there, which I then failed :o
    I dropped out after that and started a new course in DIT which I'm now in third year of.
    My question is this: DIT seem to want full fees from me this year, but I was under the impression that each individual year is free once, so in other words, that since I only availed of free fees for two years in IADT (had to pay to repeat second year) that I would still qualify for free fees in years three and four of my current course?

If anyone knows how this works would appreciate answers, I registered for this year to be safe but if I should in fact be getting this year and next year free (or registration only) I'd want to contact them ASAP and get it refunded.
    Any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Slightly complicated question: I did two years of a course in IADT and repeated second year there, which I then failed :o
    I dropped out after that and started a new course in DIT which I'm now in third year of.
    My question is this: DIT seem to want full fees from me this year, but I was under the impression that each individual year is free once, so in other words, that since I only availed of free fees for two years in IADT (had to pay to repeat second year) that I would still qualify for free fees in years three and four of my current course?

If anyone knows how this works would appreciate answers, I registered for this year to be safe but if I should in fact be getting this year and next year free (or registration only) I'd want to contact them ASAP and get it refunded.
    Any info?
    Yes you should be back on free fee's from my understanding of things(I'm in the same situation as you - did 2 years of my original course repeated second year and dropped out after failing that)
    Contact the college straight away and get everything in writing. Other than that cant give you any advice

Advertisement