Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this be considered as part of work experience ??

• 05-11-2013 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,
    This might be an odd question to ask but I am creating my C.V. and I have been on adverts.ie for several years(2010) and I am a regular seller and buyer on the site.
    In 2012 I started to set up my own business by buying stuff in bulk and selling them on adverts.ie, later on I got a call from adverts.ie asking if I wanted to open up a shop, I had accepted that offer.
    To this day I frequently sell and try to run my business through adverts.

I also have a shop on ebay, I mainly deal with consumer electronics but I am started to move to the car field, I know this is not a big deal and anyone can be offered a shop but I did not have many work experience in my life apart from market sales that was the only one
    Now the question is.... Would this be considered as part of work experience ??

Also I am doing build a bank with bank of ireland trough my school so would that be considered as experience ??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Short answer, yes. (dunno about the bank thing, don't know what that is)

Call it self-managed bulk resale or something, then accompany it with a short description (less background than in this post) of what it in exactly that you did. I'd imagine people would love that - shows you're resourceful, self-motivated etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I wouldn't consider that a business unless if you get a profit, as business is always about profit. If so, I would put that as achievement (Mastering the skill of trade etc) and a hobby if you don't make any profit.

If you earn profit, I'll put it as an achievement that you are running a successful mini trades company or something along those lines, make sure you put profit figures or something along those lines but I'll suggest talking to your school guidance counciler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭yoho139

Why would he keep doing it if he wasn't turning a profit? The thrill of selling stuff below cost?

Absolutely do not put figures on your CV - you're setting your own price and it may be lower than what you'd get.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

Yeah I buy stuff in bulk and sell it off at a profit, I also have to pay fees/taxes on the stuff I sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

Would the tile of the online selling be
    ''Online Retailr-(and then I place my shop names)

• Advertisement
Advertisement