Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Efibre

• 05-11-2013 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, currently I have UPC 30Mb service in my house and paying for it ~42 euro. Was wondering if I should stick with Upc and upgrade my connection or should I get Eircom efibre one? Checked on eircom website and it says it is available in my area. Any advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I would stay clear of eFibre, without a doubt. UPC provide the best broadband that there is (I'm a loyal supporter of it, for the most part) and is still of a far better quality than the Eircom offering.

I would stick with UPC and I wouldn't consider Eircom's offering, for TV, Phone, or Broadband, at all.

Just my two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

andr1us wrote: »
    Hi, currently I have UPC 30Mb service in my house and paying for it ~42 euro.
    Give UPC a call and tell them you're thinking of switching to efibre, they will fall over themselves giving you a better deal than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 andr1us

that is my plan for tomorrow, currently getting 20 Mb speed with 30 Mb connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Well, best of luck to you. Mention it to them, but don't forget to speak to their loyalty team. They're the guys that you want to talk to.

Also, if you don't get an offer directly, go ahead with your thirty days notice... You'll be contacted before the time is up.

Do tell us how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 andr1us

Gave them a call this morning, got offered 120Mb for same price I am paying now. That's 4 times faster I have now. They would have to send me new modem, because my old supports only 30Mb, catch is 45 euro activation fee for modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I think that a lot of people here would kill to be in your position so I wouldn't worry about the €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭GLCC

andr1us wrote: »
    Gave them a call this morning, got offered 120Mb for same price I am paying now. That's 4 times faster I have now. They would have to send me new modem, because my old supports only 30Mb, catch is 45 euro activation fee for modem.

Looking to switch to the 120mb efibre broadband. Rang UPC earlier and they said the service was not available in my area. I am living in Murmont Circle, Montenotte in Cork city. Does anybody in the know have any idea when efibre will be available here ?

Advertisement