Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver blaring car horn every morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

puss wrote: »
    You should not sound your horn between the hours of 11:00pm and 7:00am except in an emergency.

Print off this and stick it up on a notice board that everyone can see.
    This way you can avoid talking to them if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Just mention it to the driver in a polite manner. Just because he looks good a bit rough doesn't mean that he is going to act aggressively. Besides, he drives are Yaris, how hard can he be.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shrtdrk

How big can he be if hes driving a yaris?
    Ohh thank you so much LOL LOL that was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

his name isnt Tyrone is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Er, anyone hear from the OP yet today *gulp*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I think that the most sensible course of action would be to buy his neighbour a car. It would remove a lot of the potential awkwardness from the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

smcgiff wrote: »
    Er, anyone hear from the OP yet today *gulp*
    Not looking good, every minute that passes by without word is making me very concerned for the OP's safety....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's a thread over in "Motors" bout some wrestler in a Yaris going around attacking people, some guy got attacked for moaning about his horn this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Lies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

vektarman wrote: »
    Not looking good, every minute that passes by without word is making me very concerned for the OP's safety....
    Maybe he's sleeping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

There's a thread over in "Motors" bout some wrestler in a Yaris going around attacking people, some guy got attacked for moaning about his horn this morning.

lolz.

mikemac1 - i know you're online, let us know how yaris got on - the suspense is killing us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Buy one of those hand held air horn and when he pulls up stuck it in the window and blow his senses to smithereens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Go out with a smile and ask the driver to kindly refrain from sounding his horn . Even spin him a yarn about a baby sleeping.

Don't go out with your guns blazing .

No one is going to hit you for asking such a thing.

This approach will work. Even if it was the Nidge driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

OP has been put in the boot of the yaris for being insolent I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Rick Rod wrote: »
    Call the guards. Beeping like this is illegal. Have a squad car waiting for him. They will have a word and stop this nonsense

What an utter waste of Garda resources dealing with this if they haven't even attempted to rectify the situation themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

the driver could be deaf.... ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

How big can he be if hes driving a yaris?

He is not driving it, he is wearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Chuck an egg or two out at the car every morning as he finishes his beep, he won't be long putting two and two together - that's your option because your afraid of him.

I'd simply go down at 06.39 wait for him to arrive and ask him to desist from blasting his hooter every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Call the guards. Beeping like this is illegal. Have a squad car waiting for him. They will have a word and stop this nonsense

4550705102_00ba6399b5_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Dermighty wrote: »
    What an utter waste of Garda resources dealing with this if they haven't even attempted to rectify the situation themselves.

It is a waste of Garda time, but inevitably these people dont care about their neighbours or anyone, so chances they'll abide by some request, are slim.
    The problem is, they know the Gardai cant or wont do anything about it is of little consolation to law abiding citizens where there is no support in anything, you have to wait for something to happen and that maybe too late.

If it was known the Gardai would come around and do something, people like this wouldnt want the hassle and would let people live in peace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Morning two of the Yaris watch. The OP still has not updated. We hope for the best but fear the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Poor mikemac!! *sob*

He was a good guy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

OP should follow this Yarris home. Wait for the driver to sleep and do like wise. That will learn him.

People work night shift. Beeping goodbye is equally stupid at any time.

• Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Rick Rod

Poor mikemac!! *sob*

He was a good guy :(

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056147053/307/#post87382178

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

:( The Yaris driver must of acquired his Boards login information before clipping him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

This thread still going? :confused: I'd forgotton about it.

Some of ye need to head over to After Hours for one of the love story megathreads. There was one about a safe also I think.

I do go to the gym before work some days so yer man was driving up the ridiculously steep hill into the estate in his little car as I was walking down. Flagged him down and what's the story, it's 6:40 am and you blare it not once but twice every time and sometimes more and how would feel if that was done outside where you live? Don't you know to call a mobile and hang up is free.

I got sworn at, swore back and this morning there was peace and quiet in the wild west of Dublin 10. So yeah, issue solved

his name isnt Tyrone is it?

A Snatch reference, I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I got sworn at, swore back and this morning there was peace and quiet in the wild west of Dublin 10.

Good on ya! Now watch your back everytime you leave your place ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Cool. A little confused as to how you went from nervous tiny tim to jason statham in a few days but fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

mikemac1 wrote: »
    This thread still going? :confused: I'd forgotton about it.

Some of ye need to head over to After Hours for one of the love story megathreads. There was one about a safe also I think.

I do go to the gym before work some days so yer man was driving up the ridiculously steep hill into the estate in his little car as I was walking down. Flagged him down and what's the story, it's 6:40 am and you blare it not once but twice every time and sometimes more and how would feel if that was done outside where you live? Don't you know to call a mobile and hang up is free.

I got sworn at, swore back and this morning there was peace and quiet in the wild west of Dublin 10. So yeah, issue solved

A Snatch reference, I love it!

The Yaris is probably in getting a Twin Air horn fitted as a special surprise for tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Yaris man is likely off getting la cucaracha car horn fitted.

Advertisement